Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Glastonbery is coming :hdu:

The Glastonbury (26-30 June) rumour mill has been cranking up for months now. Will Oasis really get together? Kylie? The Cure? The Kinks? The only artist confirmed for now is Stormzy, who’ll probably release a new album in 2019 too. Lana Del Rey is also rumoured, and her album Norman F***ing Rockwell, produced by Jack Antonoff, Taylor Swift and St Vincent, should be out around then.

https://www.independent.co.uk/preview-of-the-year-2019/films-2019-tv-shows-music-preview-releases-netflix-oscars-glastonbury-a8686606.html

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Right? It's fun to speculate, though!

I agree that Mariners Apartment Complex would make for a killer opener, and I didn't think about it, but How to Disappear would be a very emotional way to finish the album. Never gave that thought before, but that's if it were a stripped back ballad. Jack's production in that behind the scenes vid let us hear some of its production and that made it sound less like a note to end on, especially with the more "euphoric"(?) possibilities that include Venice Bitch. 

What would shock the hell out of me is if she'd open with Venice Bitch. I mean, she opened UV with Cruel World, which was about 7 mins long, so I wouldn't put it past her tacking the longest at the start. It would be a ballsy move. 

I'm most curious how the surfer rock vibes of MAC and VB are going to tie in with other tracks and click with the more "hip-hop" flavored (for lack of a better term) vibes of Cinnamon and How to Disappear. They still have surf rock undertones, so I don't expect them to clash, but it may give us a clue as to how the tracklist is going to be laid out. 

It's definitely her most critically lauded single since Video Games, that's for sure.

I’ve posted my theoretical track list before, but I’ve heavily considered the potential flow of the album from what we’ve heard so far, and this is what I came up with ;

01. Mariners Apartment Complex

02. In Your Car

03. Cinnamon

04. Happiness Is A Butterfly

05. Roses Bloom For You / Architecture (???)

06. Sylvia Plath (I’m renaming it in iTunes idc idc)

07. Norman Fucking Rockwell

08. Bartender

09. Yosemite

10. How To Disappear

11. Venice Bitch

Can we not have cryptic messages please.

Wtf is this?

24/7?

"24/7" is just part of the lyrics.

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

Can we not have cryptic messages please.

Wtf is this?

24/7?

Eclipse just continued what she posted on Jan.1. «The 24/7, Sylvia Plath» is the last line in the snippet. What he posted is what goes on afterwards. 

wow the Sylvia single cover im-

mAqk7tE.jpg

I got spook'd by this while scrolling

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City