Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

What are they STILL doing in the studio, I’m so fucking confused

Is she even able to make changes 2 months prior the album drops? I mean they probably already have started printing and burning the physical copies

What are they STILL doing in the studio, I’m so fucking confused

Is she even able to make changes 2 months prior the album drops? I mean they probably already have started printing and burning the physical copies

I think they're just working on something else. Lana is always recording new music. She started working on UV in 2013 not long after Paradise, on HM in 2014 right after UV was released, and she started LFL the day HM was released. And before she started working on NFR, she was still in studio sometimes/or listening to her own unreleased music maybe with the idea of releasing an album of unreleased songs

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

She said it was finished in December. Ben said it wasn't finished. Ed said something non-committal.

Then she said "top of the year". Then that didn't eventuate.

Then she went silent about it for 6 months.

Then she randomly tweeted shit about "things changing" and "creating art for the beauty of it".

Then around the same time, she's in the studio with Jack, despite saying the album was finished in December.

Then a few weeks later she announces it's coming in two months.

Draw your own conclusions, but it's all been a fucking mess, whichever way you look at it.

2colkdx.jpg

All true. And worse, she didn't tweet, "Hey, guys, the March 29th date is wrong. The album will be out somewhat later, about _______________ instead," when she easily could have. 

I think they're just working on something else. Lana is always recording new music. She started working on UV in 2013 not long after Paradise, on HM in 2014 right after UV was released, and she started LFL the day HM was released. And before she started working on NFR, she was still in studio sometimes/or listening to her own unreleased music maybe with the idea of releasing an album of unreleased songs

Right. She's essentially always in the studio in the same way most of us are at our jobs 40 hours a week. Being in the studio is her job, though I'm sure she does a lot of her writing elsewhere, everywhere.

When she collaborates with others on songs, she probably often does that in the studio too, for obvious reasons. The instruments and recording equipment are there. 

All true. And worse, she didn't tweet, "Hey, guys, the March 29th date is wrong. The album will be out somewhat later, about _______________ instead," when she easily could have. 

Right. She's essentially always in the studio in the same way most of us are at our jobs 40 hours a week. Being in the studio is her job, though I'm sure she does a lot of her writing elsewhere, everywhere.

When she collaborates with others on songs, she probably often does that in the studio too, for obvious reasons. The instruments and recording equipment are there. 

That she's in the studio again (or still) with Jack is a good thing. Maybe they are already working towards her next album. 

The fact that it's with Jack makes me think it's NFR or Taylor related, but ... maybe.

I would be surprised if she did back-to-back albums with Jack, especially when the first one hasn't even dropped and nobody knows how it will be received.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I wonder if she's always been this messy at planning but we only fully found out now because no one forced her to do something....
With BTD, she was pretty much taking direction from her record company, same with Paradise. With UV, the leaks forced her to redo things. leaks from LFL also made her start the era sooner than she had planned. The only cohesive era that was her was HM. 

Oooh maybe it's some sort of extra little recording (intro or something) for an MV? Or for an album trailer?

Her makeup artist was "on set" in California today ... 

I don't think she was in the studio re-working stuff.

The 'june in film' caption merely refers to Jack capturing 'moments from June, on film', and he was probably just hanging out with Lana at the time. He's got a bunch of other pics of his friends on there too. Also Lana could be anywhere in that photo. Do you know how many people in LA probably have black leather couches in their overpriced homes??

Let's chill.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I don't think she was in the studio re-working stuff.

The 'june in film' caption merely refers to Jack capturing 'moments from June, on film', and he was probably just hanging out with Lana at the time. He's got a bunch of other pics of his friends on there too. Also Lana could be anywhere in that photo. Do you know how many people in LA probably have black leather couches in their overpriced homes??

Let's chill.

Don't think so ... the pic before is of the sound engineer and the pic after looks like them eating in the lobby or something. 

It's possible it wasn't in the studio but unlikely, imo. 

Oooh maybe it's some sort of extra little recording (intro or something) for an MV? Or for an album trailer?

Her makeup artist was "on set" in California today ... 

Who's her makeup artist?

the fact that we don’t have even a specific date of when the album comes out and she has possibly started working on her next record amazes me

it's common in the music industry for artists to record separate from each other. they might record on different days or in different studios. they might not even meet the person they are collaborating with. i'm saying this, not specifically to you, but because of all the collab conspiracies.

Are we sure that she is even gonna make another album or single? she seems so unmotivated lately and she's getting older. she might want to go on and experience new things in life with her soul cycle sisters

i just cant imagine another album. this era has been such a mess and we don't know how it will be perceived once it finally comes out of hiding. she kinda dropped the whole "lolita lost in the hood", "wrap me up in an american flag and let a bald eagle shit on my face" shtick... and when you think about it, a significant chunk, if not the majority, of her unreleased songs were wrapped around that. but i am curious to know what she would write about in an upcoming album and what the sound and visuals would be

The fact that it's with Jack makes me think it's NFR or Taylor related, but ... maybe.

I would be surprised if she did back-to-back albums with Jack, especially when the first one hasn't even dropped and nobody knows how it will be received.

who is taylor's usual producer? has she worked with Jack before?

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

sHE dOeSn'T OWe u ANYTHING 

LANA FANS R SO ENTITLED !!!! 

!!! 

//

the only reply when you bring this reasonable observation elsewhere.  :toofunny:

3lfQEhw.png

who is taylor's usual producer? has she worked with Jack before?

Taylor has worked with Jack for 1989 and reputation

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

tbh i don't think that her being "in the studio" means anything. when she was in the studio a few months ago with Jack and Marina everybody was so sure they were working on a collab and it turned out they were just hanging out so i would not jump into conclusions. of course there is a possibility that they were in fact writing/recording something, maybe for nfr, but i find it unlikely. but then again, who knows. we will probably never find out  :rip:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it