Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

People who haven't listened to the leaks sound awfully bitter and incredibly dramatic

Lowkey standing up for the other side bc i want to. Let em have a proper first listen, we've waited a year for this, might as well wait another two weeks for the actual release. Nd, we're always pretty dramatic so that last bit doesn't really validate anything haha tumblr_mumrss16LD1s8loaoo2_400.giftumblr_mbhiyrFJ0W1rit0dno1_250.gif

UV/Honeymoon

i still am amazed that she didn't drop the album on the 16th... she would've gotten a number one AND the leak would've been avoided 

See when you do clownery...................

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

You need either a new stylus or to rebalance the arm, or if you have a shitty record player, you need to throw it out the window and buy a decent one. UV deluxe is a very high quality vinyl that won’t play properly on shitty record players. When I got mine, I thought it was defective and bought another and it was even worse. What a waste of money. When I finally got a decent record player though, no skips at all. I’ve read similar stories from other people about the UV deluxe vinyl too. The standard edition should play fine though on any player though and that’s cheaper to buy than a new record player.

honestly this makes so much sense - my old record player was vintage and the one i have now, admittedly, is ....... cheap! thank you so much, i was scared that it was the record

https://store.universalmusic.com/lanadelrey/*/Music/

I found a different part of her store and i cannot believe they sell the UV vinyl for $13 omg

yes this part of her store was always there it's just the general music tab, they sold the hm box set for like 9€ or something back then during the time of lfl-preorders. go get ur bargains as long as u can i guess lmao.

They also have a zoomed in BTD cover

this has been used in her store and on lanadelrey.com since 2012 rip.gif

i76mrxw.png 

So, what are the three newest tracks? Doin Time for sure. They finished How to Disappear late, so maybe that as well. I guess they might have decided to keep BAR fairly late in the game?

I guess the oldest track is TNBAR, but who knows at what point she decided it would be included on the album. Then Bartender and HIAB are probably the forst two tracks she already had when she started working with Jack, but finished HIAB with Jack. Then Jack said Hope was also one of the first tracks. I think MAC, NFR and VB probably happened right after since they seem like they're connected (MAC having the 'Venice Bitch' line, VB having the Norman line) and Lana posted a IG post with 'Venice Bitch' as caption in Feb. 2018 and already knew NFR would be the title in March.

Now with the rest of songs it's hard to tell other than HTD being the last song in late October so it's from September/October and I think Cinnamon Girl must be from the same time. Doin' Time is probably from early 2019 but who knows. I don't know about The Greatest but the LA fires and the Kanye line seems like it has to be made after October/November 2018.

the fact that people are ranking mariners apartment complex so down low & venice pig so high up is beyond me. tastelessness at its peak.

You're not special

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Omg can we just stop this whole leak debate thing?

Yes some people have already listened to it. Some other's haven't. You're not superior or a saintly stan just because you want to wait until the official release date to listen to it. Do you want a fucking medal??

And just because those who have listened to it already doesn't mean they're not going to be streaming it when it comes out. Lana will get her coins either way and she ain't gonna be homeless.

Now shut up.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Everyone quoting my posts are not the people I'm talking about, lol

I'm talking about the people who have been attacking everyone for listening to LQ leaks like it affects them in ANY way. What sense does that make? You aren't special and you aren't getting any prizes.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I just listened to hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it since the greatest and FIILY leaked then the album, and wow y'all really hate on this song for no valid reason. it's a perfect close to the album I think. After a sad/introspective album, to have a song about the hope she still has, like wow, if I had emotions I would cry.

I actually got my boss to buy the green vinyl too lolol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

She says the cinnamon in her teeth is from “your kiss.” If you have a coffee at Starbucks and add cinnamon to it, as many do and as Starbucks provides, and then kiss someone, you might pass cinnamon into his or her mouth.

She may have changed the title—or perhaps it was always called Cinnamon Girl to LDR—as a shout out to the well-known song of the same name from the classic rock era by Neil Young.

Absolutely no shade intended but if this is said in earnest it's one of the funniest and most specific interpretations of a lana lyric

locals only

Everyone quoting my posts are not the people I'm talking about, lol

I'm talking about the people who have been attacking everyone for listening to LQ leaks like it affects them in ANY way. What sense does that make? You aren't special and you aren't getting any prizes.

But there are some here who (probably unintentionally) take everything personally if it agrees or doesn’t agree with their own opinions. If it agrees, they feel validated, if it doesn’t, they feel s**t upon or attacked.

If I say, ‘I think ‘Bartender’ is great” and they don’t, they’re bothered. They attack, they attempt to bully me and others.

I wish they would understand that we’re just expressing individual opinions of our own and whether our opinions mesh or don’t mesh with those of others is a secondary consideration at best. The purpose of this site, to the best of my knowledge, is not to build consensus but to share thoughts, responses and ideas.