Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

if tix are as outrageously expensive as LATTM tix were then.... eye... don't know what ill do

Mm. Do we have a thread for this? It’s fucking stupid on how easy it wouldve been to see her past eras, but I heard how crazy it can get and didnt think it’d be worth all the craziness to go. Tix go on sale this Fri right? Got any pointers?

UV/Honeymoon

i know u all hate eclipse but he sent me a small snippet and i have physically heard the song. i have no reason to lie - it’s definitely coming and hopefully when he said it is.

eclipse also has no reason to lie, but a lot of you will just never take his word despite he amount of info he gives (not even just ldr info - he’s got shit across the board that’s been consistently right). he has his sources, you feel.

edit: ugh i didn’t want this to be top of the forum page for everyone to see but whatever i guess it’s done now.

Leak TGL  :hooker:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Mm. Do we have a thread for this? It’s fucking stupid on how easy it wouldve been to see her past eras, but I heard how crazy it can get and didnt think it’d be worth all the craziness to go. Tix go on sale this Fri right? Got any pointers?

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/10853-the-norman-fucking-rockwell-tour-uk-us-eu/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

if tix are as outrageously expensive as LATTM tix were then.... eye... don't know what ill do

How much were LATTM tickets?

giphy.gif

It’s not misogyny when the same objective standard applies to all who stand in the public spotlight, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, gender identity or nationality. It doesn’t matter if it’s Nick Jonah, ASAP Rocky, Ariana Grande, Katy Perry, or Justin Bieber. Geez, people trash Bieber and his appearance all day long, night and day, and do we hear anyone being accused of ‘man-shaming’ him?

I thought LDR looked okay in that photo. I was defending another’s right to speak her or his mind about someone who was placed themselves in the public spotlight for almost a decade now. The real world isn’t Facebook where only your friends are involved and so everything is always pleasant and cozy.

People saying everyone must like or approve LDR’s appearance at all times are the same ones saying we all must love all her songs or there’s something seriously wrong with us, something ‘homophobic,’ ‘racist,’ or ‘misogynist.’

i know u all hate eclipse but he sent me a small snippet and i have physically heard the song. i have no reason to lie - it’s definitely coming and hopefully when he said it is.

eclipse also has no reason to lie, but a lot of you will just never take his word despite he amount of info he gives (not even just ldr info - he’s got shit across the board that’s been consistently right). he has his sources, you feel.

edit: ugh i didn’t want this to be top of the forum page for everyone to see but whatever i guess it’s done now.

I hear you and I don’t doubt you particularly but he was 100% wrong about the NFR tracklist. He’s been right before, I’ll give him that but lately he’s been full of shit so idk what to believe. Until Lana says something, then to me, it doesn’t exist :P

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I hear you and I don’t doubt you particularly but he was 100% wrong about the NFR tracklist. He’s been right before, I’ll give him that but lately he’s been full of shit so idk what to believe. Until Lana says something, then to me, it doesn’t exist :P

Yeah but its different when you can tell he's speculating/giving his opinion vs. when he actually claims to have info

It’s not misogyny when the same objective standard applies to all who stand in the public spotlight, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, gender identity or nationality. It doesn’t matter if it’s Nick Jonah, ASAP Rocky, Ariana Grande, Katy Perry, or Justin Bieber. Geez, people trash Bieber and his appearance all day long, night and day, and do we hear anyone being accused of ‘man-shaming’ him?

I thought LDR looked okay in that photo. I was defending another’s right to speak her or his mind about someone who was placed themselves in the public spotlight for almost a decade now. The real world isn’t Facebook where only your friends are involved and so everything is always pleasant and cozy.

People saying everyone must like or approve LDR’s appearance at all times are the same ones saying we all must love all her songs or there’s something seriously wrong with us, something ‘homophobic,’ ‘racist,’ or ‘misogynist.’

I wouldn't say that men are shamed on any level nearly as intensely as women are.  Women are expected to spend 2 hours getting ready and doing a lot of painful things to their bodies to achieve an ideal when men are only shamed if they do something particularly unattractive like tattoo their face or wear something that's out there.  You can criticize her appearance if you want but to me its just not that productive, particularly if it's a picture of her out and about, not an official image she's putting out where her look is more calculated. 

Is Season of the Witch coming Friday 8/9 or Friday 8/16?

8/9 because first of all, eclipse said "next week's Friday". i guess Sundays in the UK are considered the last day of the week unlike the US.

also the movie's coming out on august 7-9 (depends on the country) which means the soundtrack has to be released almost at the same time so

there's a difference between assuming (in case of the tracklist) and actually knowing stuff. 

giphy.gif

he made a presumption from something that was credible. shazam has proven false titles before. he made a presumption from his own logic and it was wrong. so what? we do that all the time with each other.

it’s literally just because he’s a big name leaker people are holding it over his head as if he was staring it like it was facts. he didn’t know the tracklist, said for us not to get our hopes up and it just so happened to be correct anyway. big whoop. any time he has real information he’s almost 100% correct and the time he isn’t it was at least true at one point (i.e lust for life was called best american record).

i just think people need to rationalise what he says sometimes a little bit more. he had a point with the shazam thing and it was wrong. so what. we all make presumptions that are proved wrong.

meh it doesn’t matter in the long run anyway but either way eclipse can actually be trusted. he’s told me he even avoids saying things he’s not confident are potentially true because people rip into him so much. i think it’s a shame he gives us so much info and tea and we just kind of shove it off.

hennyway this track is dreamy can’t wait for it in full.

I wouldn't say that men are shamed on any level nearly as intensely as women are. Women are expected to spend 2 hours getting ready and doing a lot of painful things to their bodies to achieve an ideal when men are only shamed if they do something particularly unattractive like tattoo their face or wear something that's out there. You can criticize her appearance if you want but to me its just not that productive, particularly if it's a picture of her out and about, not an official image she's putting out where her look is more calculated.

And as we all know, women gets ‘shamed’ and attacked by other women as well as men, often more often by other women than by men—look at reality television and the cat fights and continual barrage of nasty comments women on them make against their costars. Trolls come in all genders, races, ages, ethnicities, etc.

But a simple common sense “Gee, why doesn’t she do something with her hair?” comment is not an attack and doesn’t make that commenter a troll.