Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

Just when I thought Lana was showing some signs of progression, she demonstrated it was all pretense. Mentally, she’s still stuck where she was in 2012. One instagram post killed pretty much all the hype I had for this album.

Is she capable of dropping an out-of-the-box, innovative, jaw-dropping, monumental masterpiece that can justify her cheap instagram stunt and regain my interest? We'll find out on September 5th, but I'm pretty sure I know the answer already.

PaltryMelodicCuckoo-size_restricted.gif

so what color do y’all think the vinyl will be?

Red like the blood of her fans

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Just when I thought Lana was showing some signs of progression, she demonstrated it was all pretense. Mentally, she’s still stuck where she was in 2012. One instagram post killed pretty much all the hype I had for this album.

Is she capable of dropping an out-of-the-box, innovative, jaw-dropping, monumental masterpiece that can justify her cheap instagram stunt and regain my interest? We'll find out on September 5th, but I'm pretty sure I know the answer already.

PaltryMelodicCuckoo-size_restricted.gif

someone's mad bc lana isnt gonna be making nfr 2.0 ....

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

so what color do y’all think the vinyl will be?

red like the blood of her enemies

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Red like the blood of her fans

red like the blood of her enemies

Our minds

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I too wish for the second coming of 'Honeymoon', sis. I wish...

Welcome back from your long winter's nap!

Between the current drama, and covid-19, I don't think we're getting a September 5th album. Though I am thankful for the good sis for having faith and being productive with her extra time. But I guess we will have to see a month or two from now if she releases a single or even starts to promote.

ruZKe8V.gif

I just noticed that she wrote "making personal reparations simply for the joy of doing it it" on her latest post using this double thing again, was the "not not feminist" a typo too? i don't think so but just asking what y'all think

sorry if this was already covered but just regarding the title of the thread: 1) is the album still called WHF and 2) is this technically still "pre-pre release"?

We still have 0 official information. She just tossed that date around in her rant. Could very much turn out that it'll be postponed or that she meant the Violets-audiobook

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I wouldn’t mind a single with a music video in August, but that’s it. I’ve told myself that I wouldn’t listen to any snippets this time, and I might not even listen to the lead single if there’s one, depending on when she releases it. I really want to experience a new Lana album from beginning to end without knowing anything.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I am genuinely curious if she will go back to being able to write about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship isn't perfect - I hope she does, it really would suck If she let the critics control her art. 

sorry if this was already covered but just regarding the title of the thread: 1) is the album still called WHF and 2) is this technically still "pre-pre release"?

We’re not sure about the name. She would have told a fan, this past fall, that it might not be called WHF anymore, but the exchange didn’t get recorded. So 50-50?

As for pre-release vs pre-pre, who knows? I know many of you don’t believe the date to be true, but there’s a strong possibility of coming through since it is that precise. Technically, is it pre-release when there’s the lead single? If so, we’ll we get one since she wanted « a surprise release » or her definition of it (with a possible title, two confirmed track names and a release date)?

I think September 5th is a good time as long as she won't delay it.

yeah it would be really nice, we could have a quick, simple prerelease period this time, with 1 or 2 singles and a music video maybe, and then album out in September. but as long as there is no "evidence" to back this date up somehow, it feels pretty weightless for me. but i'm still excited

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

Just some random thoughts...

Do you think there's any chance her Sept 5th date (which is a Saturday btw) won't be delayed.  I would love to see this happen, but after years of her throwing dates that ended up not meaning anything, I just don't have high hopes. 

Plus that date, coming 6 days after the cut off date for Grammy eligibility, either means she's completely given up on winning a Grammy, or doesn't think this album is Grammy material.  Of course, she also could have just forgotten what the cut off date was, I remember reading an interview about NFR where the interviewer told her she released the album on the Grammy cut off date, and Lana had no idea.  It could still be eligible for a Grammy in 2022, but to release right after the cut off date usually would imply you are taking your album out of the running.

26vMNDz.gif