Beautiful Loser

Born to Die - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?

• Born to Die
    • Off to the Races
    • Blue Jeans
    • Video Games
    • Diet Mountain Dew
    • National Anthem
    • Dark Paradise
    • Radio
    • Carmen
    • Million Dollar Man
    • Summertime Sadness
    • This Is What Makes Us Girls
    • Without You
    • Lolita
    • Lucky Ones

Might also be interesting to some here:Β https://atrl.net/forums/topic/388491-a-decade-of-born-to-die/?do=findComment&comment=21081745

Β 

Summertime Sadness almost ended up being the deluxe track, switched with Without You. Imagine if we never got her biggest single released and it would remain a fan-fave deep cut.

Not sure if this is known info.

I cannot believe this album is turning ten years old tomorrow.Β :bebe:

I can't believe it's been 10 years. I can vividly remember the release like it was yesterday, makes me feel old. I know it wasn't her "true" debut, but it really felt like (and was) the debut of a superstar. Such an influential album and artist, so happy to have been able to witness this release and her commercial career from the beginning. Love this album, love Lana, and love her legacy for all the messy, the iconic, and the in-between. There is not, nor will thereΒ ever be anotherΒ like her. Our Stargirl. :wub:

Β 

Happy birthday BTD!Β 

8V7Yvel.png

This album is the blue print for all the sadcore girlies.Β :true:

Born To Die isn't my favorite Lana album and I might not love it as much as majority of her fanbase but there is literally no denying how impactful and important this album is to Lana's career and the music industry as a wholeΒ :oprah3:Β It has some of her most top tier songs and even though I might not love everything about this era anymore it is what got me into Lana in the first placeΒ :true:Β The impact this album had when it dropped when it did, she changed everything.. there is no denying how iconic btd is.Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

Might also be interesting to some here:Β https://atrl.net/forums/topic/388491-a-decade-of-born-to-die/?do=findComment&comment=21081745

Β 

Summertime Sadness almost ended up being the deluxe track, switched with Without You. Imagine if we never got her biggest single released and it would remain a fan-fave deep cut.

Β 

Β 

The way I would've much preferred this LMAO not the biggest fan of ss even after all these years and Without You is one of my favorite songs from BTDΒ :angie:Β I really wish they'd press the deluxe x2 LPs on color vinyl, maybe then I'd consider buying BTD on vinyl

Y0jLcfB.gif.Λšβ‚Šβ€§.ΰΌ»π“†©β€οΈŽβ€¬π“†ͺΒ My love's pourin' 𓆩β€ͺβ€ͺβ€οΈŽβ€¬π“†ͺΰΌΊ.β€§β‚ŠΛš.Β yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

Β°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||Like a waterfall.||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°

1:32━━━━━♑────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ β–Β β–Œ β–·β–· | β†Ί

If this album was never released, things would be so different now. I’m so proud of how far Lana has come, and how successful Born To Die continues to be 10 years on. A fantastic album, with timeless visuals and rich production

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gifΒ gmgif.gifΒ morrissey-flowers.gif

Not my fav Lana album but she’sΒ stillΒ talented brilliant incredible amazing showstopping spectacular never the same totally unique completely not ever been done before unafraid to reference or not reference put it in a blender shit on it vomit on it eat it give birth to it

Β 

happy 10 years BTD!

Β 

Β 

whatarecoloris.jpg

BTD is one of her two most iconic albums, one of her two most Β« American Β» LPs, with NFR.Β 
if you’ve been on board early on with her career, you can’t help but love this album.Β 
the first song I loved from her is on BTD (Blue Jeans). Its production still makes it so special.Β 
as a fan base, BTD, along with Paradise and UV, is an album that we all love (might not be our favourite, but everyone that calls himself-herself-themselves a fan loves BTD).
Happy 10th birthday, baby!

It's a shame they're not really doing anything to commemorate it properlyΒ 

I LOL'd at the little montage Ben posted on his instagram, but i guess it's in tune with her own homemade videos, so cute

This was my favorite album at the time, over the years i've grown out of it i guess, but man listening to it again today was so powerful. Can't believe it's been a decade, Lana's one of the few things that's remained in my life consistently since thenΒ 

I can remember like it was yesterday how i watched Born to die movie and was like β€œok she is pretty but meh” and then that song haunted me in the most beautiful way I had to go back to it everyday multiple times, since that moment i never stoped listening to her, she is really one of a kind, and that was 10 years ago, happy birthday born to die:wub:

original.gif

I'd always had an on and off relationship with music. I used to listen to a lot of different artists mainly in the pop genre and as much as I enjoyed them I had never felt any sense of 'importance' of their music inΒ my life. Oh, how everything changed when Born To Die dropped. She made me fall in love with music and there was no turning back from that moment on. Her voice, her lyrics, the production were unlike anything I had heard but it just clicked with me for some unknown reason. I don't think there will ever be a 'pop' album as important and influential that it wouldΒ shape the music landscape for the many years to come.Β 

Cheers to BTD, happy 10th anniversary!

11 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

Happy birthday to my most listened album ever. Not exactly my fave album but singles and OTTR are legendary. Can't wait to listen to it again in a car this summer.

thats crazy that its still so diverseΒ in terms of the time of year we all listen to it!! i cant listen to this album unless theres snow on the ground or the temp drops below 50Β :oprah4:

BTD’s one of those few albums I’ve been listening to since I was a literal preteen and still listen to regularly. One of the best albums ever madeΒ tbh.Β I’ve said this before but this album just has this special energy that can never be recreated. It’s not even my favorite Lana album but it’s hands down her most iconic.

qfrWuBl.png

In 2020 when everyone was doing their decade wrap-up on Spotify, I wrote a message on my Instagram stories sharing mine and saying how it was no surprise Lana was my artist of the decade, only for Variety to give her the Artist of the Decade award last year. I've been listening to her since 2012, her music has been the soundtrack to my life, and everyone around me just knows how much of a fan I am. My life just wouldn't have been the same if I had never listened to Lana Del Rey. As we all gather around to celebrate BTD's 10th year anniversary I just thought it would be nice to say how happy and grateful I am that the universe swung this way and that it allowed that girl from Lake Placid to make the music she wanted to, with her little homemade videos, just for her to finally arrive to making a statement of a song as Video Games, and for it to be played on the radio on that final day of June in 2011. Even though it hasn't always been a smooth sail for Lana, I'm glad she's persevered and maintained a beautiful heart, growing and sharing her art with all the people in the world.

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

BLUEPRINT

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ