Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

25 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

WTF is the point of releasing an album to apologize for the delay on the album you were supposed to release if you can’t release the apology album on time either?

This year has really soured Lana for me. I’m not saying I won’t support or be excited for COTCC, but I’ve never been so annoyed with Lana as I have been this year, whether it’s her intentionally wearing an ineffective mask, driving recklessly while filming it, not being able to keep her word for anything, or just being messy. Goddamn. 

Exactly, your first paragraph. Acts like this make her seem like an indifferent, arrogant madwoman.  

Luckily, the NFR year long + run up largely broke the LDR spell for me, but, as you say, her make-up album for COCC’s long delay ALSO gets delayed, with no comment, no notice,  no apology. 

I do not forgive her her lack of professionalism and simple good manners. 

At least we can rely on Lana to never tell the truth. That's something. It's telling that we kind of expected this to happen (with small hope, but we know that's dangerous). :awk:  

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

10 minutes ago, White Dress said:

I'm gonna be brutally honest, I simply do not give a single f**k about a cover album (unless it's songs like Doll Parts by Hole, Milk by Garbage, and Glory Box by Portishead). Just gimme COCC and I will be satisfied 

Same really, but with that said, if Billboard or anyone else publishes a snippy article about how she flaked on her fanbase at Christmas, she deserves

:agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Watch her delay COCC until 2023 so she can release another album as an apology for delaying the cover album until 2022 + an 8 month long 'Behind the Iron Gates' roll out + a 2021 country christmas album only featuring nikki lane + announcing she's already working on the 2025 COCC follow up

tumblr_m8euyeT3r41rqzt90o1_500.gif

Held out hope for a nighttime release...:crying4:

It would definitely feel worse if we didn't have January 11th to look forward to. She should have just mentioned it in one of her Christmas posts :/ At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, she's flaky as hell but I'll always support her art.
Can't believe we'll (probably) be getting COTCC video + preorder before the standards album :toofunny: It's funny how some things just change in a day, or even in an hour

48 minutes ago, crazyforme said:

Watch her delay COCC until 2023 so she can release another album as an apology for delaying the cover album until 2022 + an 8 month long 'Behind the Iron Gates' roll out + a 2021 country christmas album only featuring nikki lane + announcing she's already working on the 2025 COCC follow up

I forgot about that. Another year of a mess is coming!

Mfhp.gif

14 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think this might end up getting the Violet treatment. I feel like it’s going to come a few months after COTCC with a proper vinyl/cassette/CD/digital release (that is, if it still doesn’t come before COTCC). I don’t think anyone was expecting Violet to be pushed as a major release until she launched the pre-order in July, so I expect the delay of this record to result in something similar!

that’s what I think too!!

she could have easily pushed out an album of covers in a month, but the more she dove into it the more potential she saw for it and the more she wants to do with it!

I definitely think this is going to end up being more than just ‘a digital’ as she called it and it’s going to be a bigger release! And I’m completely okay with waiting, I laughed when she mentioned this being released on Christmas and the day coming and going with no word from her is on brand 

8 hours ago, past the bushes said:

:trisha: we've been starving

we aren’t starving! We got Violet audio book in July and the book in September, she’s still working hard :) 

"Don’t forget me"

55 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

we aren’t starving! We got Violet audio book in July and the book in September, she’s still working hard :) 

Nobody‘s saying she isn’t working hard. But it’s not funny nor cute, how she keeps us in the dark, when she announced a new release around this time. 
This wait/weird limbo is what’s so frustrating, it already has been with COTCC. 
Sure, it’ll come and there’s the 11th to look forward to, but this album is still in the back of the mind and it annoys me, that I can’t just forget about it and enjoy it, when it comes.

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

The livestream where she acknowledged she doesn’t update us enough, apologised, then announced this covers album to make up for it.. just to not release the covers album and then not update us on it .. incredible queen

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

8 minutes ago, lamms said:

Nobody‘s saying she isn’t working hard. But it’s not funny nor cute, how she keeps us in the dark, when she announced a new release around this time. 
This wait/weird limbo is what’s so frustrating, it already has been with COTCC. 
Sure, it’ll come and there’s the 11th to look forward to, but this album is still in the back of the mind and it annoys me, that I can’t just forget about it and enjoy it, when it comes.

Well my reply was to someone saying we need to get anything and we’re starving because of it, and I was pointing out that we still got something. I didn’t say it was funny or cute, I’ve said before her lack of communication is frustrating and annoying but she’s been like this since Tropico and while it is rude to her fans/supporters, it’s just in her nature. The Jan 4th for violets that wasn’t delayed until jan 5th really made me not really care about anything she announces until it’s set in stone. Which while is shitty advice, it works 

"Don’t forget me"

giphy.gif

I am glad we have gotten a concrete *pre-order release date for COCC in January. My guess is that the vinyl production was completed more swiftly than expected-- so she got the get-go to release the pre-order/teaser. Thus, halting her plans to release the cover album because COCC's delays were resolved. 
So now this cover album is in the air because COCC is priority. Then we still got to hear about Behind the Iron Gates which was first scheduled to make an appearance in March but my guess/prediction is that she'll postpone that to this time next year for COCC to shine. 

This cover album, while I am/was looking forward to it, seems like another goal of Miss Lana's (like the unreleased album), which I am sure will surface/release one day but not just yet while she's still on a creative high with her own visions.

source.gif source.gif