Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Anyone else getting so many social media ads for the album/merch? I swear this is the most ads Lana has ever had for an era

1 hour ago, suicideblonde said:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7udOf3XxvsiG4wXUH8kMLP?si=hFWJGmI_Qkm6QbJmAb1uVg

I made a playlist with songs that I think will capture Chemtrails' essence! 

Tori Amos ❤❤

50 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i feel like people often compare hope sandoval and lana del rey (usually by saying that lana copied mazzy star) but i honestly don't think they're that similar? they both make melancholy music and lana & hope both have this "quiet sad girl on stage" vibe but i feel like they are very different, lana's music and songwriting is very poetic and opulent yet i feel like mazzy star's writing is more casual and less metaphorical, lana's discography has a very diverse sound, from the opulent and fast-paced born to die, the stormy & spiritual ultraviolence, to the atmospheric jazz of honeymoon, while mazzy star's discography is quite consistent with psycedelic folk

I wouldn't say they're similar but more so inspired/influenced and definitely agree that Lana has not copied them in any way (same thing with how Velvet Underground inspired some aspects of Mazzy Star but their songs aren't really that similar). like I said, I feel like most of the influences are seen in MAC (alt country)/VB (dream pop + neo-psychedelia + slowcore) and additionally in the dream pop/neo-psych aspects of UV, which really remind me of So Tonight and Among My Swan, which I would argue are pretty influential albums from their time. I would argue that Hope's songwriting can be metaphorical and poetic as well (thinking of Unreflected + her solo work), but I guess that's more subjective. then again, I was talking more about influences and not similarity, they're separate artists. 

sgopYhV.gif

6 minutes ago, too fast too young said:

Anyone else getting so many social media ads for the album/merch? I swear this is the most ads Lana has ever had for an era

Yes all over Facebook and ig lol I think it was the same for violet but maybe even more so with COCC. I think it’s great but I hope they’re promoting it to lots of people cause I already bought all variants pretty much 

anyone who tries to argue that lana copied (copying is different from being influenced by) mazzy star is just saying shit for the sake of saying shit and arguing against it is  a waste of time

theres a million singers who have that stripped back/vulnerable feel that lana and hope share because it's just a common style of self expression. the only thing they have in common is they both managed to get into the public eye 

(i know no one here is saying lana copied her i'm just talking in general)

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

22 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

And wondering why so many people view Lana as the pinnacle of a “Lolita” subculture when you look at her now, she’s very far from it

To be fair i haven't seen people really say that in years.  anyone saying that is very out of touch

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

i just turned on the sound halfway through interscope lana promo and i thought the music was a children's church choir for a second.... then i realized... it was cocc :bye3:

honestly give me that children's church choir, give me joshua fought the battle of jericho, give me amazing grace in that heavenly layered voice, i want to feel like i'm 6 being forced to wear a lamb costume in the nativity scene play teetering down the aisle as lana warbles away in a manger and the organ drones behind and the little kids in the little white church robes harmonize

sUcVobB.png

1 hour ago, NewportBitch said:

And wondering why so many people view Lana as the pinnacle of a “Lolita” subculture when you look at her now, she’s very far from it

she's the mother of cherry emoji twitter

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Chemtrails being her best title track :clapback::legend::blush2: its fucking MAGIC and as soon as this queenly chick says laundry I, I...:rip: This is AOTY dont deny it babies!!!!! (I'm like a 1/4 into a Jim Beam bottle cus I got kinda broken up with by someone I wasn't really with anyway?!?!?!?) We stay winning :thumb3:

Let's go White Dress, ruin me!

The "I've been covering Joni and dancing with Joan" line in Dance Till We Die gives me "And now I'm singing with Seaaaaan" 2.0 vibes :derpna2:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

1 minute ago, boom like that said:

The "I've been covering Joni and dancing with Joan" line in Dance Till We Die gives me "And now I'm singing with Seaaaaan" 2.0 vibes :derpna2:

This song is going to be my least fave. I already know :pls: and i'm the biggest TNC stan.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

This song is going to be my least fave. I already know :pls: and i'm the biggest TNC stan.

I was giving her the benefit of the doubt after hearing the first description of the song thinking "oh maybe shes cute" but that line alone gives Dance Till We Flop vibes :stareney: Hopefully she'll surprise us with her godly glow up :prettyhurts:

34h2wyS.gif

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Just now, boom like that said:

I was giving her the benefit of the doubt after hearing the first description of the song thinking "oh maybe shes cute" but that line alone gives Dance Till We Flop vibes :stareney: Hopefully she'll surprise us with her godly glow up :prettyhurts:

I have a feeling that it is the "24" of the album. Nice enough to hear once in a while, but very clearly a FILLER. 

Honeymoon's sister it's true it's true :lange:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I have a feeling that it is the "24" of the album. Nice enough to hear once in a while, but very clearly a FILLER. 

h2MdryH.jpg

34h2wyS.gif

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

2 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Oh 24..........that zexy sexy vexy song I LOVE IT!! Ugh the way ill end up having to be the one to go to bat for Dance till We Die, im up for the task. I weirdly feel Dance is the fourth wheel of the trifecta that is White Dress, Wild at Heart And Not all who Wander, so I love her without hearing her. Yoooooo the way this album is filled with nothing but serves which means our debates will be LEGENDARY:blanche: