Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I hope Max Jury covers COCC at some point. He did this cover of West Coast and I like how he didn't make it too 'out there' or different

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

How am I going to listen to Tulsa Jesus Freak without thinking about this 

Reveal hidden contents

EolAN6aXUAEYvel?format=jpg&name=medium

Highly distressing. :rollin:

I have a 24 hour on call tomorrow at the hospital. It’s 10pm here. Lana usually posts around 4am. @Eclipse should I be up till 4 today to see the WD post or should I get a decent night of sleep. Please help a brother out. :scoff:

8 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

I have a 24 hour on call tomorrow at the hospital. It’s 10pm here. Lana usually posts around 4am. @Eclipse should I be up till 4 today to see the WD post or should I get a decent night of sleep. Please help a brother out. :scoff:

Get your sleep!

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

same i tried to get into it but i just can't :bebe: i think i just have a problem with genre-bending covers, they sound good 10% of the time and the other times it just feels like a gimmick... but they still did a good job and more love for cocc = good

I mean, I'm happy for COCC's impact. But her style was just not my thing. :oprah2:

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

same i tried to get into it but i just can't :bebe: i think i just have a problem with genre-bending covers, they sound good 10% of the time and the other times it just feels like a gimmick... but they still did a good job and more love for cocc = good

This is how I feel, there are tons of genre-bending covers I love but with a song like COCC i rly just don’t think it was made to be switched up in another genre :oprah2: but I still very much appreciate the effort. Tbh I don’t see /any/ way for an artist covering that song to truly make it ‘their own’ without it being bad. it’s too specific to turn into something else.

RVhKIwP.gif

we rlly went thru the 5 stages of grief with this rollout

denial: 'this cant be the album cover nonono'

anger: 'it’s so ugly, why is val in the centre, why is it an iphone pic, it’s horrible, popcorn face val, etc'

bargaining: - waiting and praying for more vinyl variants and covers

depression: - the 2 month wait giving us time to reflect on lmlylaws existence

acceptance: - accepting the cover is NOT THAT BAD (and we have neils one) & lmlylaw is actually a good song

n e ways keep screaming cocctails and WHITE DRESS NEXT FRIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT TONIGHT

xOEakPOLpNNhOUd-800x450-noPad.jpg?153970

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

LMLYLAW was amazing since day 1. COCC? undeniable. cover. yes beautiful check, and it up's Krug's cover a lot more too. that picture disc w the horse? wowow
genuinely appreciated her stuff so quickly since the releases not bc of album anticipation, but bc they resonated w me but. 

2 covers well made, one with a video. the other on vinyl. 
2 magazines well spaced out. 

it's moments like these where u'd want something to fill the empty time slot. 

i'm not looking forward to the future hating of songs etc. for whatever reasons why so I guess it's just nice to enjoy the momentary peace til the next update. 
less than a week awaaaaaaayy sbg6q30.gif

UV/Honeymoon

59 minutes ago, May said:

Tbh I don’t see /any/ way for an artist covering that song to truly make it ‘their own’ without it being bad. it’s too specific to turn into something else.

this is exactly how i feel, the lyrics are pretty specific and personalized to lana and her life.... especially "me and my sister just playing it cool", "my moon's in leo, my cancer is sun", "you're born in the december, i'm born in june". miss hayley mary sounds wonderful and it's a really cool and interesting idea to change up the genre, but those things probably don't apply to her so it just feels kind of weird to listen to it... because i know there's a version where the person singing it deeply relates to it :whatever2: 

so making it unique and "their own" by changing the genre is negated by the pure specificity and personal touches of the lyrics and i can't see a way around that. 

it's not a bad thing to cover the song, it just doesn't appeal to me as much as a cover of a different lana song might. also more about the actual way they sung it but chorus kind of annoys me for some reason sfdkjlg... it doesn't sound BAD though just not my thing

Edited by honeybadger

sUcVobB.png

27 minutes ago, Dragon said:

LMLYLAW was amazing since day 1. COCC? undeniable. cover. yes beautiful check, and it up's Krug's cover a lot more too. that picture disc w the horse? wowow
genuinely appreciated her stuff so quickly since the releases not bc of album anticipation, but bc they resonated w me but. 

2 covers well made, one with a video. the other on vinyl. 
2 magazines well spaced out. 

it's moments like these where u'd want something to fill the empty time slot. 

i'm not looking forward to the future hating of songs etc. for whatever reasons why so I guess it's just nice to enjoy the momentary peace til the next update. 
less than a week awaaaaaaayy sbg6q30.gif

that being genuinely said like all complex creatures n beings i'm still very much excited so here's a soft depiction of me enjoying the title track, thru gif. 
W30dn60.gif9vaYOsE.gif

Spoiler

G3nNMB6.gif

Spoiler

IwTWTyA.gif4bj5pLC.gif

Spoiler

alrite have shit to do til next update a39Hh4V.gif 6 days WD 27 COCC cYA! MvdUbTX.gif

UV/Honeymoon

1 minute ago, Nikogo said:

I wonder if she thinks of the songs we’re about to get more like demos

No? I'm pretty sure she wouldn't release them if she wasn't happy with the sound (or lyrics).

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

6 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

No? I'm pretty sure she wouldn't release them if she wasn't happy with the sound (or lyrics).

I just wondered because she said she wasn’t completely happy with the sound for Interview Magazine. Then she said on Anne’s show she was upset that her and Jack couldn’t work on the songs and the sound she wanted to reach 

I’m not calling them a demo to be critical, i actually think the songs being untouched is a huge pro 

"Don’t forget me"

some covers are really good and i think the cocc cover is no exception. i wish lana would incorporate more rocky/uv tones into her music again so this just satisfies me. i love lanas chemtrails and having the cover doesnt detract anything from that

stream cocc 

wearing our jewels in the swimming pool

tumblr_mhfbvuJoHN1qa98nso1_500.gifv

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

29 minutes ago, archiemm said:

some covers are really good and i think the cocc cover is no exception. i wish lana would incorporate more rocky/uv tones into her music again so this just satisfies me. i love lanas chemtrails and having the cover doesnt detract anything from that

stream cocc 

wearing our jewels in the swimming pool

tumblr_mhfbvuJoHN1qa98nso1_500.gifv

I like this. I want to go in there and spin with Lana.