Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I remember someone in this thread saying some people saw lana doing photoshoot in december/january in a vintage car, can someone give more info on that?

This was the video, uploaded Dec 2019

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I've been just liking posts here and saying nothing for the last days like a creep lol. I guess I just don't know what to expect while also knowing what to expect, it's weird.

I really can't see how she can take her sound in a new direction from NFR giving that she's still working with Jack and aside her break-up from Sean, she seems to be in the same mindset to me. Yes, every album of hers has been different than the previous ones but this time I really don't feel like things are gonna change at least sonically. And if my pessimist self is proven wrong and they do change, I really don't know how. So I'm conflicted. Where do you guys stand on that?

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

we don't claim ha, plus he only worked on like 3/4 of the songs (off the top of my head, he had little/no involvement in love, lfl, cherry, summer bummer, and bpbp)

Rick worked on literally every song on LFL as a writer and producer. That being said he snapped on multiple other lana albums

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

I've been just liking posts here and saying nothing for the last days like a creep lol. I guess I just don't know what to expect while also knowing what to expect, it's weird.

I really can't see how she can take her sound in a new direction from NFR giving that she's still working with Jack and aside her break-up from Sean, she seems to be in the same mindset to me. Yes, every album of hers has been different than the previous ones but this time I really don't feel like things are gonna change at least sonically. And if my pessimist self is proven wrong and they do change, I really don't know how. So I'm conflicted. Where do you guys stand on that?

That's what I have back in my mind but I avoid to think about...because I really want that Lana does sth different but yeah have the same feeling about it as you. But on the other Hand they made a song like Venice Bitch. If she stays in a similiar vein to NFR! she hopefully will go down the VB/ Filly/ The Greatest route...So far I really liked most of Lanas piano ballads but I hope we don't get too much of them on COCC maybe one or two ....I hope for more instrumentation and for more bass....it could be my car soundsystem but the difference between UV and NFR in terms of bass is kinda huge

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

for me, this album gives me earth element vibes

BTD: fire, mixed with a little air

UV: fire

HM: fire/air

NFR: earth/water

COCC: kinda earth to me so far??

edit: ok I forgot about LFL  :flop:  I'm gonna say that's water for me

LFL: dirt

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

We always doubt her but are always blown away when we hear her new music, the woman continues to be amazing. Let's remember that :hooker:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Sonically, I really see COCC as the continuity of NFR, kinda like Paradise was the continuity to BTD: similar in sound while being its own thing. As I said before, NFR is water to me, so I expect water-surf elements to a couple of songs then going into « air territory » (there’s that air element in the title). I love NFR, but I wish COCC will be closer in production to the last songs written on the previous record, or at least bigger. I love her piano ballads, but maybe a bit more guitars would be nice ?!?

Her breakup probably influenced the songs of this album, the quarantine as well. Maybe the « end of the world feeling » we got on The Greatest will be more present (which I’m here for, it’s probably my fave song from NFR). She also began recording the audio book after NFR, and we know Jack si now on board, so maybe this one will have more « poetry elements » to it?

At this point I'm not even that sceptical about the tracklist, cause it's so terrible. Remember when we all laughed about song titles like "In My Feelings" and "Summer Bummer" and then it turned out to be true?

It’s true that those two got us thinking the tracklist was false. heroin also got us skeptical (didn’t we say it Was too much of a Lana title?). But honestly, all these tracklists sound more like a 15 year old’s wishlist of what a Lana album should sound like, based on her love of BTD. Seriously, a sound called Dollars?? The only one that didn’t look that bad was the one with the « art » from back of the album, and even that one has cringy elements (confessions interlude sounds a bit too Madonna to me).

the alleged insider on reddit commented (about Santa Monica sinner) :

"Hi, not fake but I don't blame people for being skeptical :) If I'm remembering correctly, this is one of the shorter tracks on the record but it's quite upbeat and I would describe it as jazz-y. Not her typical sound at all."

also they said something about an announcement within "next week or so"

putting my clown makeup on

Hi, not fake but I don't blame people for being skeptical :) If I'm remembering correctly, this is one of the shorter tracks on the record but it's quite upbeat and I would describe it as jazz-y. Not her typical sound at all.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478c3332865580762e2d

"Hi, not fake but I don't blame people for being skeptical :) If I'm remembering correctly, this is one of the shorter tracks on the record but it's quite upbeat and I would describe it as jazz-y. Not her typical sound at all."

also they said something about an announcement within "next week or so"

putting my clown makeup on

Let's go lipsters!

giphy.gif

Interesting how most of these fake tracklists actually forget the only two tracks Lana's mentioned that are likely to make it to the album: White Hot Forever and Let Me Love You Like A Woman

Interesting how most of these fake tracklists actually forget the only two tracks Lana's mentioned that are likely to make it to the album: White Hot Forever and Let Me Love You Like A Woman

Could have been scrapped like Yosemite