Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

For real something must've happened in 2017, both Stella and Anna left, as well as her bass player Kevin  :biblio:

As for Dua, she's been looking fly ever since (for the most part, I don't dig every 90s hairstyles she's been sporting tbh).

Didn't she also get rid of Johnny Blue Eyes right before the LFL era started? 

honeymoon confuses me. all her other albums have a discernable "storyline" if you want to call it that, or they paint a picture of a specific time in her life. first disclaimer is that idk what was going on in her life at this time. i know she broke up with barrie and was dating that francesco guy, but idk really what was going on there. so admitting the fact that idk what her personal life was much like at this time, this is how i view honeymoon.

ACT I: sex, drugs, and rock n roll

-Music to Watch Boys To

-High By the Beach

-Freak

-Art Deco

-Religion

-Salvatore

This is the surface layer. She's got boys, she's got drugs, and she's got California. From the outside, that looks pretty nice tbh (at least to me). 

ACT 2: everything is not what it seems

-Honeymoon

This starts to pull the curtain back. Beyond the sex and the drugs, she's clearly involved in something toxic (I'm guessing her relationship with the hot italian guy?). She likens him to a spy or a killer, and a rich, globetrotting photographer to the stars could understandably give her that impression. She wants more from him (the Freak demo is her asking her lover to marry her) than he's able to give, cause he's got baggage of his own. 

ACT 3: she's so fucking sad

-Terrence Loves You

-God Knows I Tried

-The Blackest Day

-Swan Song

-Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

This is the reality of her life at this time. She feels lost, lonely, and worthless. In God Knows I Tried she straight up says she has nothing to live for. She dreams of just running away and fading into anonymity. All she wants is someone to understand her.

So thats my personal reading of Honeymoon: she's distracting a profound sadness and emptiness with men, drugs, and parties. Ultraviolence is kind of her at her lowest, emotionally. And then Honeymoon is her kind of dwelling in that dark place, and showing us how she copes with it. "filling the hole" (heh) with drugs and fun and hot italian guys is what i assume she was doing at this time.

am i totally wrong?

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

y’all we’re only weeks away

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Oho, if she can find an excuse to delay it, she will. 

There goes her New Mexico/Arizona/Utah trip, I guess? If lockdoens are like they are here, you can travel but when you return to your state you have to self-isolate for 14 days. She would never. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

not sure if anyone answered this question yet, but usually how often before pre order do we see it mentioned in the source code ?

just seeing it in there makes me so fking impatient... so close yet HOW far? :defeated:

im predicting august 1st pre order release so lets wait and see

i think a title change has a lot to do with a new direction of sound, maybe white hot forever was the continuation of nfr she talked about but felt like that song in particular didn’t fit the vibe and new direction of the record, the original lust for life (best american record) obviously was a different sounding album than the final product and UV had a style change compared to the songs that leaked like black beauty which was way more rock than the pillowy demo.

lana always seems to go for the same sound as her previous record when she starts a new one but it always turns into something far different, for example the freak demo was very rock influenced and sounded like something off ultraviolence then honeymoon was completely different from that. the lust for life demo and heroin have that same feel, they both sound like something off honeymoon but the final product of lfl is not close to honeymoon at all so i think she’ll end up surprising us with whatever sound she decides to go for

i love you, but you don't understand me.

why? she wasn't going to leave her home for it either way

this, i think lana will love not having to go out and do promo/tour. will probably do, like,  zane lowe and billboard interviews and leave it at that

aOaIzH2.gif

I feel like we won't get anything about COCC until after the violet audiobook drops. it might confusing for casual fans

I was wondering the same, if an audiobook and an album being too close would confuse people... Then again, if they look up on Spotify and Apple Music, Violet will be nowhere to be found (that I know of).

Your timeline seems logical.

not sure if anyone answered this question yet, but usually how often before pre order do we see it mentioned in the source code ?

just seeing it in there makes me so fking impatient... so close yet HOW far? :defeated:

im predicting august 1st pre order release so lets wait and see

I think she kinda has to let Violet be released before anything COCC related, if only not to confuse the casual fan. And with three projects she talked about, even in here, people kinda had a hard time figuring out what was released when and where (I.e. patent leather on Behind the iron gates and not on Violet).

i think a title change has a lot to do with a new direction of sound, maybe white hot forever was the continuation of nfr she talked about but felt like that song in particular didn’t fit the vibe and new direction of the record, the original lust for life (best american record) obviously was a different sounding album than the final product and UV had a style change compared to the songs that leaked like black beauty which was way more rock than the pillowy demo.

lana always seems to go for the same sound as her previous record when she starts a new one but it always turns into something far different, for example the freak demo was very rock influenced and sounded like something off ultraviolence then honeymoon was completely different from that. the lust for life demo and heroin have that same feel, they both sound like something off honeymoon but the final product of lfl is not close to honeymoon at all so i think she’ll end up surprising us with whatever sound she decides to go for

this is a reeeeeally good point!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

not that it means anything, but I find it curious that she posted this in 2017

Screenshot-20200715-015814.jpg

This is the album cover of King Krule's record "The OOZ". I think she posted it just because it came out around that time and probably to show her love for it :)