Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Welp I haven't listened to the TJF snippet since yesterday and I'm gonna try my best not to listen to it again until it's in full

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The cover just has to feature a plane! It would go so well with her discography

If it's for an mv it'll probably be her and Charlie playing Marco Polo in the swimming pool whilst Chunk films it on her iPhone

Yikes no....we at least deserve one big production video.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Is there a reason you guys think this photo shoot is for the album cover? Because it is screaming editorial for me. The shoot could literary be for anything.

I think the album cover has already been shot

I was honestly feeling magazine as well!

I agree about the cover.

I’m thinking this will just be some sort of promo, we’ll see though.

I think Nicole specifically liked a comment on Insta about it being the cover. There's no reason why she can't do both cover and editorial, but I wonder if Lana is just leaving the music videos to Chuck

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think Nicole specifically liked a comment on Insta about it being the cover. There's no reason why she can't do both cover and editorial, but I wonder if Lana is just leaving the music videos to Chuck.

From what I understand, Nicole likes comments all of the time. Maybe it is for the cover, who knows. But this isn’t typical for Lana to have an editorial-like photo shoot for her album covers.

With that said, the location looks gorgeous and would surely produce beautiful album artwork but I still think this is going to be for a magazine of some kind.

Lana has always robbed her music of worthy music videos (these days). The amount of fantastic things she can do with her songs but lately she just... doesn't, and the main reason is because she isn't working with professional directors. You don't even have to be professional, just be good at it. I swear to god i hope we dont get anything like that homemade music video we got last era, the songs deserved more

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Lana has always robbed her music of worthy music videos, the amount of fantastic things she can do with her songs but lately she just... doesn't, and the main reason is because she isn't working with professional directors. You don't even have to be professional, just be good at it. I swear to god i hope we dont get anything like that homemade music video we got last era, the songs deserved more

NFR MV is my fav Lana music video :) I'd love to see more like this.

Mmeow~

Has Nicole specifically liked a comment about the "album cover", because "cover" could also be interpreted as an editorial, we know Lana also does some form of magazine promo when it comes to album roll outs - also is she still doing stuff with Gucci, could this mysterious shoot be related?

In terms of music videos, let Chuck throw out a couple of LQ iPhone videos to album tracks... It's nice to get some sort of visual at least. We could have some more Rich Lee videos already filmed or in the pipeline... They tend to get filmed on the down low anyways. 

From what I understand, Nicole likes comments all of the time. Maybe it is for the cover, who knows. But this isn’t typical for Lana to have an editorial-like photo shoot for her album covers.

With that said, the location looks gorgeous and would surely produce beautiful album artwork but I still think this is going to be for a magazine of some kind.

good point, although there's no doubt Nicole is working with her, she did seem to like literally every comment under that post, so could be anything really

Has Nicole specifically liked a comment about the "album cover", because "cover" could also be interpreted as an editorial, we know Lana also does some form of magazine promo when it comes to album roll outs - also is she still doing stuff with Gucci, could this mysterious shoot be related?

This is what I was thinking too! Cover has multiple meanings. Not just album related.

Nah please Lana don’t produce more videos with the vintage filter it anymore, that type of quality for videos was very fitting for the NFR era but this time around I want high end directors to shoot the videos. I’m fine with Chuck as long as she doesn’t use the same low quality equipment and spices it up. Also, I believe we’re getting a video from Charlie as well. He’s been very active, what if he’s the creative director in terms of videos and album cover shoots this era?

giphy.gif

Lana has always robbed her music of worthy music videos (these days). The amount of fantastic things she can do with her songs but lately she just... doesn't, and the main reason is because she isn't working with professional directors. You don't even have to be professional, just be good at it. I swear to god i hope we dont get anything like that homemade music video we got last era, the songs deserved more

i'm begging for at least ONE professional mv this era, then i wouldn't mind these lq ones by chuck bc NFR was def a mess

or at least some kind of professional visual to support the album

Also, I believe we’re getting a video from Charlie as well. He’s been very active, what if he’s the creative director in terms of videos and album cover shoots this era?

was thinking the same! would be cool to see his contribution to the project

giphy.gif

The NFR era was unequal IMO. The Rich Lee vidéos were incredible, the triple MV was ok... the Mariners was bad and the Venice one was meh.

I don’t know what the Chemtrails videos will be... My expectations are kinda low honestly: maybe one good/professional one, that would have been shot prior to the lockdown. Other than that, homemade videos it is? If I look at all the new MV released these days, it’s either homemade or animated.

I must be confusing it with something I saw on a fan account - but I could swear that Lana posted a video a couple days ago that had an airplane leaving chemtrails behind it, it had a purply tint to the video, and a song clip playing, and it had the album title and release date in kind of a cheesy font with a drop-shadow.  I feel like it was on Twitter maybe.  But now I can't find it anywhere.  Did anyone else see this?

26vMNDz.gif