Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

maybe an unpopular opinion, but while I have always loved Nodland's work, I hope she's able to make a cover that's more suited for this generation of Lana Del Rey. Looking back at the BTD and Paradise covers, I adore them because BTD especially captures the atmosphere of the early 2010s alternative music scene (maybe I'm talking out of my ass but her white collared shirt always screams 2010 indie to me), even with the copious amounts of photoshop (isn't the Lana on the BTD cover like a collection of different pictures put together?). Basically, there's some elements of Nodland's works that I'd like to be exclusive with early Lana Del Rey because it's much more meaningful/memorable that way. I have no idea what Nodland's new works with Lana would look since she hasn't worked with her since like 2013, but I would love it if it was in the vein of the ridiculousness of NFR but with the mysteriousness of BTD/Paradise? I am also hoping Lana has ditched the steelfish/rainbow font permanently because I'm really tired of it even though she hasn't used it since like Honeymoon lol    

sgopYhV.gif

yall..its not 2012 anymore nicole nodland hardly retouches photos anymore like she did back then, look at her more recent work with dua and other celebs! if nicole is doing the cover..yall chuck better pack up that camera and find something else to do

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Guysss look at her portfolio here: https://www.nicolenodland.com/advertising especially the Dior slideshow reminds me of the landscape at the place they're shooting at. Now I really want a cover like this!

4a903aebd46ad0a2400ffea440d7901b.jpg396153-800w.jpg

All the photos scream Slim Aarons. If true, it would be the first time we get something right

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

I still don't think nicole nodland has anything to do with anything this era lol, she legit likes almost all her comments, especially the earlier ones. I guess she'd like to work with lana again but honestly, people are beginning to expect some highly conceptual creative direction when we're probably just going to get some chunk and charlie stuff and that's OK!

Also, I still can't believe there are ppl that want a BTD 2.0 visually. That ship has sailed. That glossy editorial pin up glamour has been gone since UV. Her imagery since has mostly been low-fi, noisy, everyday, imperfect, which she pursued with Krug and its more evident recently with literal iPhone covers. Idk I just dont see a Nodland revival now, we'll probably get something akin to the HM stuff which was lush and had a candid quality to them

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Just remembered how @Clampigirl made a blog detailing everything NFR related and the timeline in which Lana announced/released things. Maybe this can help us guess what Lana is going to do next 

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/blog/282/entry-1116-nfr-era-timeline/

Hey, I have a timeline for this era too! The link is in the picture in my signature. :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

kinda unpopular opinion but the over used phrase I’m no candle in the wind it’s getting cheesy

Yeah I agree. I don't want to be negative and will refrain from judgment until the song is out, but there's nothing in that snippet that is lyrically outstanding, although we don't know what she's singing in parts of it. It all seems a bit disjointed, but as I said, this opinion is based only on a low quality snippet, so

Even the "sing it like a bible hymn" reminds me of "sing it into my music" or whatever the fuck from HIAB.

ETA: Before anyone comes for me, though, I think that overall the snippet sounds promising

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

kinda unpopular opinion but the over used phrase I’m no candle in the wind it’s getting cheesy

at this point it's whatever to me, she's literally the queen of reusing lyrics even ones that are like 10 years old

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Yeah I agree. I don't want to be negative and will refrain from judgment until the song is out, but there's nothing in that snippet that is lyrically outstanding, although we don't know what she's singing in parts of it. It all seems a bit disjointed, but as I said, this opinion is based only on a low quality snippet, so

Even the "sing it like a bible hymn" reminds me of "sing it into my music" or whatever the fuck from HIAB.

ETA: Before anyone comes for me, though, I think that overall the snippet sounds promising

I dig it, although she tries to reclaim the potentiality of success of cinnamon girl as a single. Lyrically she’s high on Prozac and I’m fucking here for it

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

wait, doesn't she only use "im no candle in the wind" in MAC? 

where else does she sing it?

On a poem in violet -don’t remember which one- and on Tulsa Jesus freak

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

I guess she really likes that line.

I’m a bit worried that after used it twice on official records, she won’t want to release Yosemite because it would be the third song to have it in.

You should stay out close to Jesus

Keep that bottle out your hand, my man

Find your way back to my bed again

Sing me like a bible hymn

We should go back to Arkansas

Drink this body from that keg, Jim

Like a little piece of heaven
I’m no candle in the wind
You should come back to our place, baby
Don’t be afraid of our love

vWI6iF6.gif

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."