Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

don't know why but I kept singing LMLYLAW to the tune of the greatest chorus with lyrics like 

let me love you like a woman 

cos no other woman can love you like I can

let me love you like a woman 

cos no other woman can be in the hands of this man

3 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Don’t be afraid, you can say it. :legend:

You know what I will say it loud:

YOSEMITE WILL BE ON CHEMTRAILS OVER THE COUNTRYCLUB CLUB!!!

WE ALREADY MANIFESTED IT AS TRACK 9 !!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

4 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Don’t be afraid, you can say it. :legend:

if we managed to successfully manifest neil krug, we can do it again with yosemite:legend: 

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

Y

1 minute ago, Pico Boulevard said:

You know what I will say it loud:

YOSEMITE WILL BE ON CHEMTRAILS OVER THE COUNTRYCLUB CLUB!!!

WE ALREADY MANIFESTED IT AS TRACK 9 !!

Yosemite. I mean track 9 is the only reason why im so hyped for COCC :legend:I can't wait for this masterpiece. 

We did it for fun, we did it for free
I did it for you, you did it for me
We did it for the right reasons

Mmeow~

So this german magazine published an article like two hours ago and it says that COCC should be out on Friday ( Sept 4th) and well will get LMLYLAW before Friday.

https://kulturnews.de/lana-del-ray-chemtrails-over-the-country-club/

I translated it into english 

Spoiler

Lana Del Ray: Album update from the video shoot
“Chemtrails over the Country Club” should already be heard on Friday - almost nothing was known earlier. Now the singer has made an announcement on Instagram.
Chemtrails over the Country Club”, Lana Del Rey's new album, should be released on Friday, September 4th. The pop singer announced this in May, as NME reports. Since then, however, Lana Del Rey has kept quite a low profile on details. So far, next to nothing is known about the video. Now, however, Del Rey has filmed an update for her Instagram account. In the video post she briefly talks about the new album from the set for the shooting of her new single - and apparently there will be a new single to be heard before the release on Friday.

Lana Del Rey: "I love the album and I love you guys!"

In the Instagram video, the singer is behind the wheel of a vintage car and talks about the release of her new album: "Hello everyone," Del Rey begins her update. "I'm on the very isolated set of the music video for the title track of my album" Chemtrails over the Country Club, "and I'm really looking forward to it."

“And before you even get to see it, there's another song to be heard,“ Let me love you like a woman ”. I just wanted to tell you all that I love the album and that I love you guys and that I can't wait to see you all ... Probably in 2030, ”jokes Lana Del Rey.

"Just kidding! I'll see you guys in 2029. In the meantime, the album will be out soon, and “Violet bent backwards over the Grass” [her book of poems with music by Jack Antonoff] is out this month. I know it's been a super challenging time, I want to tell you I meditate and pray for all of us. Stay safe, God bless you and I love you, and I look forward to getting it all done for you. "

September 2, 2020 // Jonah Lara

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

In regards to the actual album concept/theme or whatever...

I'll be really disappointed if the track "Chemtrails over the Country Club" (and the album if that title track is at all supposed to be representative) is not at all related to chemtrail conspiracy, white aesthetics etc. The video is retro already, but like Lana's gift in her music (IMO) is inadverdantly tapping into political themes despite being basically unintelligent about anything politics except general liberalism (that she calls centrism rip) Like - NFR has political themes and ruminations, but its not as explicit or intentional as many wanted to see. They assigned it more importance than it had, also because of the timing of it.

'Chemtrails Over The Country Club' just based on the title could easily be about the aesthetics of post truth white America (who believe in things like the government using 'Chemtrails' controlling the population etc and are overwhelmingly white and conservative). It could be a critique or a romanticization of that phenomenon (probably mixed leaning towards romanticization knowing Lana's opinions on Americana post Trump)... Or it could literally just be about her getting high at a country club with her man or her besties and looking up at the sky and seeing a Plane flying over (So the Contrails would be 'Chemtrails' because she's high). I don't think it'll be the former, but the fact that it might be the latter knowing her is kind of annoying to me, like there's a lot of potential with that Title and the visual it conveys. I started to think it might just be about her getting high or w.e (literally or metaphorically) because the brthr video director guys pretty much have shot kind of vivid or surreal and trippy music videos in the past almost exclusively. It clashes a LOT with the vintage we've seen so far from her team + the instagram video, so I'm really interested both in how the music will sound/what it will be about lyrically as well as what the end product will be.

Regardless, I hope it comes soon.

4 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

So this german magazine published an article like two hours ago and it says that COCC will be out on Friday ( Sept 4th) and well will get LMLYLAW before Friday.

Reveal hidden contents

“Chemtrails over the Country Club” should already be heard on Friday - almost nothing was known earlier. Now the singer has made an announcement on Instagram.
Chemtrails over the Country Club”, Lana Del Rey's new album, should be released on Friday, September 4th. The pop singer announced this in May, as NME reports. Since then, however, Lana Del Rey has kept quite a low profile on details. So far, next to nothing is known about the video. Now, however, Del Rey has filmed an update for her Instagram account. In the video post she briefly talks about the new album from the set for the shooting of her new single - and apparently there will be a new single to be heard before the release on Friday.

In the Instagram video, the singer is behind the wheel of a vintage car and talks about the release of her new album: "Hello everyone," Del Rey begins her update. "I'm on the very isolated set of the music video for the title track of my album" Chemtrails over the Country Club, "and I'm really looking forward to it."

“And before you even get to see it, there's another song to be heard,“ Let me love you like a woman ”. I just wanted to tell you all that I love the album and that I love you guys and that I can't wait to see you all ... Probably in 2030, ”jokes Lana Del Rey.

"Just kidding! I'll see you guys in 2029. In the meantime, the album will be out soon, and “Violet bent backwards over the Grass” [her book of poems with music by Jack Antonoff] is out this month. I know it's been a super challenging time, I want to tell you I meditate and pray for all of us. Stay safe, God bless you and I love you, and I look forward to getting it all done for you. "

no it doesn't. It says it's supposed to be released on the 4th. Based on the information she has given us. 

10 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

So this german magazine published an article like two hours ago and it says that COCC will be out on Friday ( Sept 4th) and well will get LMLYLAW before Friday.

Reveal hidden contents

"should", "apparentl", basically they don't know shit

6 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

no it doesn't. It says it's supposed to be released on the 4th. Based on the information she has given us. 

it literally says before the album release on friday

10 minutes ago, AphroditeBaby said:

Or it could literally just be about her getting high at a country club with her man or her besties and looking up at the sky and seeing a Plane flying over (So the Contrails would be 'Chemtrails' because she's high). 

i think it's about contrails too, but instead of her getting high it's just her either thinking it sounds prettier than contrails or straight up didn't know there was a difference:toofloppy: what i imagine is there's some sort of story and she'll talk about the scenery like in old money ("red racing cars, sunset and vine") or bel air ("gargoyles standing at the front of your gates")

On 9/2/2020 at 6:40 AM, Bunny Mozart said:

I don't know if this has been said before, but I feel like there is some Wizard of Oz aesthetics going on. While Lana isn't exactly dressed like Dorothy in the movie, I feel like Wizard of Oz & Chemtrails Over the Country Club share that 'chaotic' concept. Lana is also shooting on a farm (Dorothy lives in Kansas). Tornadoes are frequent, and perhaps this is where the Chemtrails concept comes into play (weather modification)

wizard-2-copy.jpg

This is literally the exact what I’m thinking! Every piece of info we get seems to make this theme more and more believable too. I’m loving that slowly we’re all jumping on the Wizard of Oz theory (because it’s right lol)

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

1 minute ago, spencertmartin said:

it literally says before the album release on friday

yeah but they're going through lana's information just as much as we are lol since she didn't officially delay it the magazine is working with the assumption it will still be released on friday

Sorry to break hearts this morning.

MMqL5Ig.jpeg

"Hi there, we're getting back at you regarding your question about the new Lana Del Rey album. This one has apparently been postponed, no new release date has been announced at the moment.

Cordially,

Maxime at Qobuz"

:toofloppy:

okay but picture this... the video starts sepia, then an airplane goes by and everything goes colorful because it's cocaine:toofloppy:hate that it's a possibility it is indeed drugs

On 9/2/2020 at 9:10 AM, MAX DEL REY said:

MMqL5Ig.jpeg

"Hi there, we're getting back at you regarding your question about the new Lana Del Rey album. This one has apparently been postponed, no new release date has been announced at the moment.

Cordially,

Maxime at Qobuz"

shanice's little brother

On 9/2/2020 at 9:10 AM, MAX DEL REY said:

MMqL5Ig.jpeg

Cordially,

Maxime at Qobuz"

So now the 50% who think it's still coming this week end can move on? 

2 minutes ago, World At War said:

i think it's about contrails too, but instead of her getting high it's just her either thinking it sounds prettier than contrails or straight up didn't know there was a difference:toofloppy: what i imagine is there's some sort of story and she'll talk about the scenery like in old money ("red racing cars, sunset and vine") or bel air ("gargoyles standing at the front of your gates")

Let me pretend that this isn't possible even though it very well could be :toofloppy: 

I mean 'Contrails over the Country Club' is okay but 'Chemtrails Over The Country Club' is a very specific aesthetic and title. She probably does think they're the same. When Lana comes out as a chemtrail conspiracist and gets cancelled AGAIN :thumb2:

1 minute ago, World At War said:

okay but picture this... the video starts sepia, then an airplane goes by and everything goes colorful because it's cocaine:toofloppy:hate that it's a possibility it is indeed drugs

shanice's little brother

Maxime helping another Max out. :creep:

Shanice who?