Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

7 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I honestly feel like it’s only been about the music since she dropped MAC and VB. With LFL, they really promoted the album more than UV and HM, and proved Lana could have a big era à la BTD again. The LFL era only made Lana more popular and showed how much staying power she has, and her fanbase only grew bigger. By the time she started the NFR era, she could completely make it all about the music and barely rely on promotion because of her strong and loyal fanbase and how much people loved her. People knew who she was and she clearly was seen as a respected and extremely talented woman by the GP and by many celebrities, some of them who started decades before Lana. And even if she hasn’t done a single bit of promotion for the new era, she’s still doing great! She’s supposedly been cancelled many times and yet she keeps getting millions of streams and Chemtrails is one of the most preordered and anticipated album this year. And let me say it again, all of that without promotion. She could keep making it only about the music and not caring about promotion and still be a force in the industry for many years to come

Honestly, you're right for the most part and I love that she's making it all about the music, but I do believe that even if up until this point she's been able to rely on her loyal fanbase and her impact has been undeniable, I fear that won't last forever. Lana is great, she's a legend and I'm sure she'll always be one, but I think that you can still make it about the music without looking so careless about the more label technical and organisational side of releases. I believe she can still release the music she's releasing without distancing so much from social media when she most needs it. If she has the time to promote some video Chuck or Charlie directed for someone else in her Instagram account, I can't see why she can't just take a couple minutes to post that her new song is coming out this week (a song she seems to be quite excited about since it's the opening track and she's mentioned it quite a few times already on interviews). Honestly, as a really devoted fan of hers for almost a decade, I'm not as engaged to this new era as I've been with all her previous ones and I don't think it's because of the music, it's just that there's really nothing going on for so long (even the NFR 1 year wait felt more exciting than the last two months for me).

Remember when like Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind leaked through some random middle east streaming service or so?? and everybody tried "ohh so cute a stand alone single" and then the meltdown when it was confirmed on the record.

That was a classic, that was a classic.

(Also I can't keep up with the pages but I think it could have started with the website fnd, and it shows the song coming out in like 10 hours. They were the ones who "leaked" that Sour Candy was being released literally 1 day before Chromatica and I remember it being messy but not sure why. I think people were expecting new zeland time and it wasn't based on that but like LA Time since the song litereally came out when we already had the album leaking in full due it being sold in some stores I think. Can't remember details but yeah, it was right, with messy timing)

the fnd.io says it will be released at 3 AM EST, 12 PM PST :crai:

I just don't believe it's coming, FIILY tea

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.