Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

funny how the "iF yOu dOnT liKe a SoNg yOu dOnT nEed tO sLanDeR iT" people are the same who’ll have a brain aneurysm and call you all sorts of names when you don’t like a song they like :lush:

I really think if it’s coming on the 4th we aren’t gonna hear anything about it beforehand, and that Ben and Ed or whoever from her label asked the insiders the please not tease anything that’s meant to be a surprise. 

12 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

noir is literally awful, dance till we die is cute but that’s it and the sound check isn’t very audible so not very representative. as i said before nothing appealing was said about that song and if it still hasn’t come out it’s probably for the best and for a good reason 

Yeah I agree with you, I really don’t get why people like Noir, it’s awful and her vocals are terrible :biblio:

About Dealer, if by screaming she meant belting because she didn’t know the proper term, I’m here for it, but if she really meant screaming, I don’t see how it could sound good

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

18 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

funny how the "iF yOu dOnT liKe a SoNg yOu dOnT nEed tO sLanDeR iT" people are the same who’ll have a brain aneurysm and call you all sorts of names when you don’t like a song they like :lush:

funny how you don't at me when I JUST mentioned it. Nah, I don't "cAlL YoU aLL sOrTS oF NaMEs" if that happens. But Imma get slandered because I directly replied so that's all I'm gonna say.

N.E.ways, daily reminder to stream Wildflower Wildfire, aka my latest obsession.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I can’t tell if this feels like the week leading up to September 5th or not :stareney:

on one hand, it’s been just as quiet and we have absolutely no new info (BUT 3 new songs) 

but it also feels different, I really feel like it’s coming :lolliney:

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Why are people hyped up about "Dealer" so much. She said it's a track of her screaming. I personally want to hear her sing a beautiful song. Not screaming. Imagine a ridiculous screaming track taking over space from a gorgeous song like Thunder?

Remember how everyone was so hyped up about Yosemite and it turned out to be a really boring song.

And people can kiss my ass if they don't like what I say about Yosemite.

giphy.gif

I’m thinking the same, it could go either way: super good and fan fave or horribly wrong. I began getting curious when she said it was a Zach song. I just hope there is some sort of “context” or “reason” for her screaming on the track (like all the songs where she uses her falsetto is pretty much when she feels “vulnerable”)

Again, nothing is ever gonna come on july 4th if it isnt a surprise. I know some folks like to mention the fact that it’s impossible for it to be a surprise since she already announced it, but I think she knows people have little faith in the dates she gives, and come on would it not still be a huge surprise if it actually happened???

im sitting right on the fence at a 50/50 it could go either way, though, I’m not fully convinced it’s happening so soon (definitely ~*soon*~ tho) 

2 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I can’t tell if this feels like the week leading up to September 5th or not :stareney:

on one hand, it’s been just as quiet and we have absolutely no new info (BUT 3 new songs) 

but it also feels different, I really feel like it’s coming :lolliney:

Either it will drop on July 4 as promised without any other single, or it’s gonna be a short pre-release with preorder around that date,  I think. 
Three singles is a strategy i haven’t seen very often (I can’t even remember an artist doing that as the “lead single”) and it’s blurring the lines a bit. 

4 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

Again, nothing is ever gonna come on july 4th if it isnt a surprise. I know some folks like to mention the fact that it’s impossible for it to be a surprise since she already announced it, but I think she knows people have little faith in the dates she gives, and come on would it not still be a huge surprise if it actually happened???

im sitting right on the fence at a 50/50 it could go either way, though, I’m not fully convinced it’s happening so soon (definitely ~*soon*~ tho) 

Maybe she does want to surprise us for once… True, we have a date, but the title has apparently changed, there’s no preorder in sight and the singles were all released separately, therefore making it harder to know in advance the tracklist. And maybe she did tell Interscope that physical copies had to wait for this album since they messed up THREE album releases because of copies sent way too soon. 

20 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

funny how you don't at me when I JUST mentioned it. Nah, I don't "cAlL YoU aLL sOrTS oF NaMEs" if that happens. But Imma get slandered because I directly replied so that's all I'm gonna say.

N.E.ways, daily reminder to stream Wildflower Wildfire, aka my latest obsession.

why would i at you when it was literally a general statement ? but since you wanna be included so badly be my guest girl :awk:

8 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Maybe she does want to surprise us for once… 

surprise us with what tho ? giving us the date 3 months in advance ? that’s not really a surprise…. the only surprising thing would be her sticking to a date for once :thumb:

why are we slandering dealer if we haven't even heard it? also, why talk about yosemite when this isn't the yosemite lyric thread or the cotcc post-release thread, it's totally okay if you don't like a certain song but don't act surprised or upset if people say something about it, this is a discussion forum after all :whatever2:

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

22 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

Silence your doubts and seek the lovingnpeace of Godna that comes with the Atonement and Faith of July 4th. Go forth and doubt no more

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

3 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

why do i feel like this album will be a mess? there’s not a single good indicator or omen for now, her silence is deafening and can’t be good either…. god this will be ass won’t it ? :cryney2:

Maybe it seems like that because we follow the "news" too much. Ariana Grande dropped her album out of the nowhere too and who knows what happened in the studio. The only thing that suggest that Lana's album will be a mess are the car selfies and the overly simple production but those songs could be only demos. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

ROLL LIKE THUNDER by Lana Del Rey OUT 10th July 2021

I Talk To Jesus

Thunder

Sweet (Baby Jesus)

Birthday Cake

Out of the Cradle Endlessly Rocking

Dealer

Celebrity Skin (feat. Courtney Love)

Living Legend

Hot Hot Hot