Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

He did say he only had one song with Lana for LDR8. But that he hoped they'd worked on future songs for a future album (aka LDR9) 

The thing is, Lana had apparently finished LDR8 and already started working on LDR9, but changed her mind (or her label did)

She scrapped most of the songs originally meant for BB, and started either using other demos, or new songs (that probably were for LDR9) :toofunny: it's really confusing

If Gabe Simon is the main producer, I’m really interested to see what direction the record takes. His work with Lana (including Summertime) seems to have gospel & jazz influences—to me, at least. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if WW is the only track produced by Mike Dean for LDR8. He’s known for being really synth-heavy, and I almost wonder if he adapted his production style to better fit the soundscape of Simon’s work on the album. I have no idea how likely that is, but yeah lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Ben is always so passive-agressive I don't like him :wtf3:.

Anyway so, we finally have official confirmation that the album is not done. Maybe she finishes it soon but because of Billboard's stupid rules we'll have to wait a minimun of like 2 months at best.

Let's start manifesting a mid september release so LDR8 can be Honeymoon's spiritual successor :creepna:.

If she plays her cards right (dealer) with the rollout it won't be that much wait tho. Maybe a single next month with a nice video and then the album reveal and preorder in August. If she gives us something every month I'd be happy. I'm just scared of radio silence from her until fall or something.

giphy.gif

Just now, Surf Noir said:

what did ben say?

he asked us to leave lana alone, she's working on music that comes out """""""""""""""""""""""""""sooooooooooooooooooooooooon"""""""""""""""""""""""

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I think Gabe Simon and Zach Dawes were primarily involved with this album and she made a good chunk of it between October and December 2020 when she was recording the cover albums, and has since been adding finishing touches. Maybe the new additions to the tracklist are the songs she made with Zach and their side band in 2016/2017 (namely, Thunder, perhaps among more).

Chances are, she went to Mike 3-4 months ago to start work on LDR 9 and realized WW would fit perfectly on LDR 8, so that song marks a cross-over between the processes of making LDR 8 and LDR 9.

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

If Gabe Simon is the main producer, I’m really interested to see what direction the record takes. His work with Lana (including Summertime) seems to have gospel & jazz influences—to me, at least. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if WW is the only track produced by Mike Dean for LDR8. He’s known for being really synth-heavy, and I almost wonder if he adapted his production style to better fit the soundscape of Simon’s work on the album. I have no idea how likely that is, but yeah lol

I would LIVE for Lana to go jazz-y again. And I can totally see this being the case! With Textbook and Thunder having those gospel singers in the background vocals... The SERVE that it's CUMMING! :defeated:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

9 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

friendly reminder ms Ben said we'll have new music by the end of 2020 (this never happened)

Well we got Hallucinogenics & LMLYLAW so basically he wasn't lying but I get your point.  Edit: Nvmd didn't saw the post above

//

And yeah there is an album coming , water is  wet ..nothing new Ben:rip:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

16 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

iirc he said that after both LMLYLAW and Summertime :rip:

Y'all really forgot bout You Never Walk Alone

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

17 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Ben is always so passive-agressive I don't like him :wtf3:.

Anyway so, we finally have official confirmation that the album is not done. Maybe she finishes it soon but because of Billboard's stupid rules we'll have to wait a minimun of like 2 months at best.

Let's start manifesting a mid september release so LDR8 can be Honeymoon's spiritual successor :creepna:.

If she plays her cards right (dealer) with the rollout it won't be that much wait tho. Maybe a single next month with a nice video and then the album reveal and preorder in August. If she gives us something every month I'd be happy. I'm just scared of radio silence from her until fall or something.

Yaaassss she gonna make a huge comeback on August cuz that's when Lorde's solar power come out. Lordie will take all the revenge omg

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

At least we can try and enjoy our long weekends now without sitting on LanaBoards like we did on Christmas :toofloppy:

I really am curious about this album and the fact that she scrapped a bunch of it once it was already seemingly complete. I hope she hasn't abandoned her need for revenge because the media really has done her dirty so many times so I'd love to see how she responds, but regardless I can't wait to see what she's creating for us! Maybe a late summer release :legend:(and Dealer released July 4 as a surprise bonus)

2 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

Yaaassss she gonna make a huge comeback on August cuz that's when Lorde's solar power come out. Lordie will take all the revenge omg

I think somewhere in July we could have a single or preorder maybe if she is near completion… but that’s a big maybe. 
and yeah, I am glad I have preordered Lorde’s new album to tide me over haha! 

16 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I think somewhere in July we could have a single or preorder maybe if she is near completion… but that’s a big maybe. 

that would be beyond blessed darling. 

If most of the songs are piano-driven, she can keep it. I also hope the 3 singles are the only stripped-down cuts from LDR8. 

Great lyrics can't be the only thing carrying an album 

Spoiler

:smokes:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif