Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

32 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Not if she does it correctly. 

um no.... literally the name of a native american genocide. she cannot do it “correctly” are you kidding???

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Oh I just noticed Trail of Tears

No way is that real. Next.

Remember when we thought Coachella wasn't real? Anything is possible with Lana these days

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

yall are really weird for thinking it would be the media’s fault for taking that title the “wrong way”... it would be so wrong of her. period. but either way i think its 100% fake. 

7 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

yall are really weird for thinking it would be the media’s fault for taking that title the “wrong way”... it would be so wrong of her. period. but either way i think its 100% fake. 

I definitely don't think it is a tasteful title or situation for her to reference or discuss but if she did choose to I don't think it would be with ill or malicious intent more so ignorance which we know she has a bit of. I just know it would be further added to her previous media issues and more magnified in a sense. At the end of the day though we all make our beds!

I do agree that it is fake though. 

22 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Remember when we thought Coachella wasn't real? Anything is possible with Lana these days

At first I thought you were someone who stole your old name and I was like how DARE they

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

It isn't real.

They totally got Pushing Up Daisies from the recent IG post about her will and threw in Trail of Tears to cause a stir. 

I've made up heaps of stuff like this so trust me, I know

There are certain RULES around making a fake Lana tracklist and they broke them

For example you need at least one title that's really long and awkward-sounding. All of those are too succinct. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 hour ago, DLT said:

The term is used to describe the displacement and subsequent death of thousands of Native Americans in the US.

As for the supposed tracklist and dates, I am not a believer. We shall see though!

Thanks! As an european I had no idea.

I also think that the tracklist is fake, but this discussion is quite interesting and we don‘t have any other topics, so… :oopna:

A song with that title could be interesting if she was singing about her personal experience with that Navajo project and donated all the proceeds.

It would only be weird if she‘d sing about Nikki Lane :eartha:

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

At first I thought you were someone who stole your old name and I was like how DARE they

As soon as Arcadia was a confirmed title, I just HAD to snap it back before someone else got it :ma:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I really hope the tracklist is fake...'Songbird,' one of the blandest, most overly-used titles ever?

I doubt she would title a song 'Trail of Tears,' as, regardless of the 'Ride' video and the recent talk of donating to Native American causes, it's a subject I believe she doesn't know a great deal about and has no authentic personal or familial history with. From what I've seen of her choice in reading material, she tends towards secondary or tertiary sources and 'lite' versions of whatever the subject is that interests her. Which is fair enough. 

We don't know for a fact that LDR's an actual admirer of Sylvia Plath's poetry per se either, but Plath is mostly known for her early promise, 1950s marriage, mental illness, book 'The Bell Jar,' and especially her suicide. Even in the mid-70s, it was Plath's life and legend, not her poetry, that sustained her reputation. 

IF LDR were to co-opt the phrase 'trail of tears' completely for her own personal use, that would be a terrible and foolhardy mistake on her part, and hopefully, she would know better. 

4 minutes ago, hashtagtylerh said:

I'm sure it's fake but at least they have a date for Arcadia to look forward to lol, so we'll know for sure next week (August 27th)

I mean, is it that crazy? We're literally waiting for Lana to release something every Friday...

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: