Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Manifesting a 14 track album. 3 tracks released every other week until the album :oprah:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

dropping by to make a statement; wildflower wildfire hits different when it's blasting in the car. text book is THAT bitch. and blue banisters is a grower. goodbye.

24-BFDA0-C-8-B8-D-4-CA6-B7-E9-2449-E4321

blaring WW with my bass all the way up making the final chorus sound like the song is falling apart on itself :omg: 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I really think this album is going to be all about how her relationship with her mother affected every facet of her life. Our relationships with our parents truly do inform our relationships with others and our relationships with ourselves. I’ve said it before but I really, really appreciate Lana being this open and honest about that lately. 

Sending love out there to everyone who can relate to what she’s feeling in these songs. ♥️

21 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

dropping by to make a statement; wildflower wildfire hits different when it's blasting in the car. text book is THAT bitch. and blue banisters is a grower. goodbye.

24-BFDA0-C-8-B8-D-4-CA6-B7-E9-2449-E4321

I had WW blasting in the car last night and the final chorus drums literally made it feel like my heart was beating out of my chest :deadbanana:

20 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

blaring WW with my bass all the way up making the final chorus sound like the song is falling apart on itself :omg: 

1 minute ago, bel air rose said:

I had WW blasting in the car last night and the final chorus drums literally made it feel like my heart was beating out of my chest :deadbanana:

YESSSS i was on my way home from work listening to WW with the volume all the way up and the ending really hit me w that percussion. mike dean is on his king shit. :trisha::pussypower: 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

8 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I really think this album is going to be all about how her relationship with her mother affected every facet of her life. Our relationships with our parents truly do inform our relationships with others and our relationships with ourselves.

I agree regardless of whether this is intentional on Lana’s end or not. Many of the thoughts Lana hopes to challenge with this record (such as domestic abuse) could largely be attributed to an already unhealthy framework for relationships. 

She seems to confront other accusations of glorifying aspects of mental illness and drug use as well. She happens to mention both of these in WW when she speaks of her hospitalization and “star drip IVs” after revealing her relationship with her mother. 

Honestly, I’m incredibly surprised she’s been this open with the general public about it; it’s sad that she even feels obligated to share something that vulnerable in order to justify her artistic decisions, but I’m proud of her regardless 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

On 5/3/2021 at 4:51 PM, IanadeIrey said:

Anyways, Mike Dean’s instrumental record is beautiful and I would love if BB had some of those cool synths and synthetic electric guitars. They kind of have a classic-rock feel to them, like something out of a Pink Floyd live show, and I feel like she could totally weave that vibe into her own sound.

Wow...after listening to what was just dropped, lyrically...this genuinely aged WELL, lol.

1 hour ago, Super Movie said:

I feel like out of the three songs we got yesterday, WW was a real taste of what the rest of the album will delve into lyrically. The "here's the deal cause I know you wanna talk about it" part is so interesting, especially in coloration with the second verse and what people have been constantly saying about her romanticizing unhealthy relationships. There's definitely a lot more where WW came from, and I'm look forward to hearing it. 

I hope youre right! That's how I feel right now too.

The lyrics are the highlight of these songs for sure. 

WW is the saddest song she’s ever written and god it’s not like she’s ever really written happy music. However its not a downer because lana has always had an inner radiance that illuminates the darkness. The music is cathartic rather than depressive. She’s not afraid to delve into the shadow of society, and that’s why she’s never been the darling of the general public and also why she’s so precious to us. I can easily say Id probably be dead right now if I hadn’t given her music a fair listen, that’s terrifying and powerful and beautiful. I think the full album will be an actual triumph. End Rant

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

2 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Do you think we're getting a documentary along with the album?

Ed Millet also suggested that Chemtrails is far from the only activity we can expect from Lana this year. “She’s already got two albums in mind, I think,” says Millett. “And there’s the other poetry book still to come. She's always been super-prolific.” [...] “She’s got her own plan for something,” hinted Millett. “I’m not going to say what it is, but she’s had it for years, and it might actually now [be] something we could pull off.”

:tommy:

UbsOye5.png

7 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Do you think we're getting a documentary along with the album?

I’d love that, But she can barely manage radio interviews and magazine interviews…a whole documentary might be a bit much for her. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

She changed her Facebook profile pic :et:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.