Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I keep telling to myself that this is going to be the last time that I’m listening to any song on this album until Friday but also can’t help and still keep coming back to hit that replay button. Sorry Miss Lana :trisha: 

giphy.gif

LB is working again. I thought Ben shut it down because someone shared a leak or something :trisha:

Spoiler

Just came to say that Thunder, IYLDWM, BBS and VFR are the superior tracks :ma:

On a side note, I think A Star For Nick would’ve been a fitting addition to the album if her label wanted her to do bonus tracks, tho iirc she doesn’t like them herself. I’m not sure it belongs in the body of the album tho but it’s definitely related I feel. Maybe on the version that included I Can Fly? 

UbsOye5.png

34 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Which song’s production is everyone’s favorite/most interesting track? 

If You Lie Down With Me is an argument in itself why she needs to work with Zach et al again! 
BBS is so complex, I love it. 

Spoiler

the piano is haunting on Beautiful. 

Thunder is the greatest rework of a leaked song from hers 

Spoiler

Love how they toned down the backup singers, and how emotional the violins make the song. 

And Dealer needs no introduction :sluttybunny:

39 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

It’s interesting that people are interpreting the trio as people who are working together in partnership, but in the movie they’re actually racing and dueling against each other… I interpreted her use of the song as her in a stand-off with the media, but then idk who the third entity could be (if “trio” is supposed to be taken literally)

That’s my favorite soundtrack; it’s certainly better than the movie, which I like. I didn’t think of the piece in relation to that scene towards the climax. 

Just now, Doll Harlow said:

Seems fake.

I don’t believe it. By the way, why did Universal give the green light for CD sales? The only logic I see is: « Well, her stuff always leaks, better open the gates to legal copies. Besides, her vinyls won’t probably count for her first week, so her numbers are all over the place anyways »

4 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

76-CB448-F-186-D-4970-B623-1-D099-DAE69-

This better be fake :facepalm:

i thought the cds were only available in canada? or that if not, then target didn't put it on the shelves

Imagine a video for Dealer

Spoiler

Featuring her and Miles :wowcry:

that would be filled with tension, it would incorporate scenes of them singing aggressively in a club, Lana yelling to him on the phone or smth

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

5 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

If You Lie Down With Me is an argument in itself why she needs to work with Zach et al again! 
BBS is so complex, I love it. 

Reveal hidden contents

the piano is haunting on Beautiful. 

Thunder is the greatest rework of a leaked song from hers 

Reveal hidden contents

Love how they toned down the backup singers, and how emotional the violins make the song. 

And Dealer needs no introduction :sluttybunny:

Spoiler

Anyone who puts horns on her records gets my vote. 

Spoiler

Dance me all around the room

Spin me like a ballerina, super high

Dance me all around the moon

Like 6 times, 'til I'm sick and I cry :oprah::crying4:

...but I've still got jazz, when I've got those blues.

11 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

76-CB448-F-186-D-4970-B623-1-D099-DAE69-

This better be fake :facepalm:

This seems totally fake — since it’s at Target, then I’m sure California fans would have already posted the Target exclusive CD and/or vinyl all over social media by now. 

1 minute ago, Thoth said:

I feel like I Talk to Jesus would fit this album so well. It sounds like a sequel to COCC album lyrically , has a concept of looking back at her life (and also has the word blue in it).

I would have also LOVED to see Fine China, Yes to Heaven and Roses Bloom for You... I feel like there was room for them. 

...but I've still got jazz, when I've got those blues.