Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

The truth is despite how much we sll think we know what Lana is gonna do next, she always has and always will throw curveballs. We have no idea what’s coming and frankly I doubt the « insiders » have any more idea. Just surrender to the process and experience. Whatever it will be will be the same sonic essence expressed in a kaleidoscope of shocking ways.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

59 minutes ago, Leader of The Pack said:

The truth is despite how much we sll think we know what Lana is gonna do next, she always has and always will throw curveballs. We have no idea what’s coming and frankly I doubt the « insiders » have any more idea. Just surrender to the process and experience. Whatever it will be will be the same sonic essence expressed in a kaleidoscope of shocking ways.

I LOVE U for this. It’s so true

mUENGN9.png

3 hours ago, shadesofyosemite said:

Do we think WCE will be on LDR9 or nah

unmanifest please

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, Leader of The Pack said:

Wait I love this so much. I’ll probably have to remind myself of this periodically. Points were made:oprah3:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

6 hours ago, Leader of The Pack said:

That's what I love the most about Lana, she's so unpredictable :thumb2:

She has like 3 or 4 projects "announced" and she'll probably release something we have no idea of before any of them.

My theory is that she treats the covers and Nikki records as side projects (cause they are) to do between albums but she never stops working on her solo music so that's why she hasn't released them yet. She wanted to release AS&C while waiting for Chemtrails but she went to work on RCS/BB instead and I think that's what's happening now with LDR9 :brows:

giphy.gif

I haven't posted properly here since BB release, but I'm really excited to see what Lana will do with LDR9

Whether it's a continuation of the themes on BB or something completely different, I'm sure I'll play it constantly when it's released

15 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

This sounds like nonsense to me to be honest... She wanted Paradise to be a full album instead of an EP cause she wanted to move on to Tropico? Which is just Paradise with another song? :wtf3:

Also wasn't a "Tropico album" in that handwritten note from some days ago? With the Hmz joke title and some other weird things 

Exactly!! His tweet sounds like Lana did Paradise because she had to so she could move on to Tropico - but she put the Tropico songs on Paradise?! That doesn't make sense.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

15 hours ago, Super Movie said:

However, I do like the idea of a Tropico album and I'm getting some ideas for a little concept playlist now :true:

Yes! Paradise should have been an EP (or LP) with Hollywood, Hollywood's Dead, JFK, AFFA, Wild One, French Restaurant, American etc. and then the Tropico EP following it could have Gods And Monsters, Body Electric, Bel Air, Yayo etc. on it. Paradise with that shimmering guitar and Tropico as the "evil twin" with a much darker "Paradise lost" vibe. Literally like a double album.

What a concept :crai:  Why oh why didn't this happen? 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

42 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Yes! Paradise should have been an EP (or LP) with Hollywood, Hollywood's Dead, JFK, AFFA, Wild One, French Restaurant, American etc. and then the Tropico EP following it could have Gods And Monsters, Body Electric, Bel Air, Yayo etc. on it. Paradise with that shimmering guitar and Tropico as the "evil twin" with a much darker "Paradise lost" vibe. Literally like a double album.

What a concept :crai:  Why oh why didn't this happen? 

Maybe because many of the songs that would have ended up on Paradise leaked? Until recently, when a song leaked, she discarded it immediately for any future project. So maybe this is part of the answer. Anyways, all those info from insiders we got yesterday don’t seem to be that reliable in the sense that it might have been the « plan » for a hot minute but nothing more. 

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Maybe because many of the songs that would have ended up on Paradise leaked? Until recently, when a song leaked, she discarded it immediately for any future project. So maybe this is part of the answer. Anyways, all those info from insiders we got yesterday don’t seem to be that reliable in the sense that it might have been the « plan » for a hot minute but nothing more. 

The unreleased songs from that era were, in my opinion, among her best. 'Forever Angels,' for example, is so powerful, confident, sweeping, and majestic--and yet really so simple in terms of the music and arrangement. 'Hollywood' is fantastic too. 'JFK' seems unfinished in the leaked version, but still moving. 

It's because of songs like those, and 'Bel Air,' 'American, 'Cola,' and 'G&M' that I found UV disappointing, especially with 'Black Beauty' and ''Is This Happiness' not officially a part of the 'regular' release. 

4 hours ago, lizzys said:

i’m all for a shoegaze album although i highly doubt that would happen

wait, this will actually ATE.

I'd love to hear some shoegaze Lana

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

her facebook is activated again since yesterday.

please someone tell me that something is coming, i need delulu pills