Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I personally don't mind the stream of consciousness/conversational music if it's in the vein of Text Book or Blue Banisters, but less so if it's like hiadtfawlmth-bihi or Love song. :whatever2:

6 minutes ago, sadhotforever said:

Manifesting LDR9 is everything chemtrails wasn't, 1950s old hollywood dream + the housewife aesthetic ft. Phoenix:trisha:

Imagine the fit twitter would have if Lana put out an iconic 50s housewife album. Give it to me

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

6 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I personally don't mind the stream of consciousness/conversational music if it's in the vein of Text Book/Blue Banisters, but less so if it's like hiadtfawlmth-bihi or Love song. :whatever2:

Omg I feel the exact opposite way. Love song and hope have great melodies which keeps the “conversational” lyrics from being too jarring. But I remember the first time I heard Blue Banisters I was shocked because I couldn’t believe she would put out a song with such clunky lines/ little melody.  

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, imapartygirl said:

Omg I feel the exact opposite way. Love song and hope have great melodies which keeps the “conversational” lyrics from being too jarring. But I remember the first time I heard Blue Banisters I was shocked because I couldn’t believe she would put out a song with such clunky lines/ little melody.  

Well to each their own, I find Text Book to be the best produced tracks in the bunch. :oopna:

Im trying super hard to not be negative about “wordy” “conversational” “Raw voice memo with reverb” and trying to keep an open mind. I wasn’t a huge fan of the direction of Blue Banisters, and I was hoping she was going a different direction, but so far it sounds like she’s really doubling down. 

I am super curious about what she’s angry about. Is it still the culture? Her karmic lineage?

"Don’t forget me"

21 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I personally don't mind the stream of consciousness/conversational music if it's in the vein of Text Book or Blue Banisters, but less so if it's like hiadtfawlmth-bihi or Love song. :whatever2:

i honestly adore all of these songs. if there was a mix of each of these writing styles on the album i’d be happy. love song/hiadt are stream-of-consciousness but still sweet and melodic whereas blue banisters/text book are very conversational and heavy. i love both. 

42 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

watch her release some random ass paino flop produced whose piano was played by a ghostwriter renamed as Rick Nowels 

french husband insider told me the producer of LDR9 is Nick Rowels. Never heard of him but they told me he's good :brows:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

Im trying super hard to not be negative about “wordy” “conversational” “Raw voice memo with reverb” and trying to keep an open mind. I wasn’t a huge fan of the direction of Blue Banisters, and I was hoping she was going a different direction, but so far it sounds like she’s really doubling down. 

I am super curious about what she’s angry about. Is it still the culture? Her karmic lineage?

I hope the voice memos with reverb and orchestra are just their way of making early demos cause I want clear vocals :bebe: I don't want to hear her barefoot chickens in the background of every song :thumb2:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I am super curious about what she’s angry about. Is it still the culture?

💀 you forgot to add the war flashback trigger warning sweetie

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

i need her to stop attacking the culture :crai: its getting stale!!!!!! i would love some anger about love interests and familial issues but i cant stand another political/holier-than-thou call out on society

31 minutes ago, aly said:

Imagine the fit twitter would have if Lana put out an iconic 50s housewife album. Give it to me

I love those aesthetics… but culturally speaking, it would be perceived as a “set back” in her own timeline. 

my dream project of her, while still being ironic, controversial and feminist-ish, would be if she had a whole album where she is now a cult leader :godlaugh: Trippy vibes, we are her puppets… 

34 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i need her to stop attacking the culture :crai: its getting stale!!!!!! i would love some anger about love interests and familial issues but i cant stand another political/holier-than-thou call out on society

That's exactly what she did with Blue Banisters though? Of course she won't attack "the culture". She didn't even do that with Chem.

It seems like her life these past few years have revolved over family stuff.

41 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I love those aesthetics… but culturally speaking, it would be perceived as a “set back” in her own timeline.

My dream project of her, while still being ironic, controversial and feminist-ish, would be if she had a whole album where she is now a cult leader :godlaugh: Trippy vibes, we are her puppets… 

I also dream to wake up to this

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

I hope the voice memos with reverb and orchestra are just their way of making early demos cause I want clear vocals :bebe: I don't want to hear her barefoot chickens in the background of every song :thumb2:

didn’t her chickens get eaten by coyotes …. cant wait to hear their orchestral memorial grieving song on ldr9

sUcVobB.png

33 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

ok but which kind of 50s housewife

Hide contents

2E71697500000578-3318841-image-m-14_1447539410945.jpg or  3b1.jpg

Both, first one until she gets fed up and retaliates 😈😈

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7