Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

:legend:

del norte county = fuck it i love you, mariner’s apartment complex, joshy & i

peach fuzz = fuck it i love you, kill kill, venice bitch

waist deep in icy waves = 13 beaches, serene queen, wait for life

stars align = heroin, bentley, oh say can you see (demo)

1998 = bartender, hope is a dangerous thing, i don’t wanna go

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

Just now, Surf Noir said:

del norte county = fuck it i love you, mariner’s apartment complex, joshy & i

peach fuzz = fuck it i love you, kill kill, venice bitch

waist deep in icy waves = 13 beaches, serene queen, wait for life

stars align = heroin, bentley, oh say can you see (demo)

1998 = bartender, hope is a dangerous thing, i don’t wanna go

THIS :angie:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

35 minutes ago, imenos said:

choose 3 songs from lana discography to represent what kind of songs production/vibe wise you would want for LDR9  ?

mine are :

-off to the races

-cola

-the blackest day

-american

-black beauty

-blue banisters

My semi realistic wishes/wants for LDR9 are moody, introspective, smoldering, spacey. Honestly these vibes can be achieved with different types of production. Hoping for something a little more grand orchestral wise with some ambient synths with some moments of jazziness. 

Either way we shall see. Hoping we get real info soon.

Hoping the Neil thing is related but I think it’s most likely something in relation to his own work, non Lana related. The image is very reminiscent of his spirit collection. 

49 minutes ago, imenos said:

choose 3 songs from lana discography to represent what kind of songs production/vibe wise you would want for LDR9  ?

mine are :

-off to the races

-cola

-the blackest day

- Cinnamon Girl 

- Heroin 

- Brooklyn Baby 

I miss the dreamy production. If the record resembles any of her older tracks, these gotta be it. 

1 hour ago, imenos said:

mine are :

-off to the races

-cola

-the blackest day

fuck it, more than 3:

-shades of cool

-cruel world

-heroin

-doin time

-fuck it i love you

-cherry

-west coast

-the blackest day

-diet mointain dew

-serene queen

-gods and monsters

-old money

1 hour ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

a reliable insider from lanaboards needs to stop lmfao 

anyone who says there's a reliable insider on lanaboards never been on here :gasp:

I don’t know just from the very little info we have the REAL gut feeling vibe I’m getting is a continuation of Arcadia. The lyrics and the overall tone Lana had during the interview where she discussed them just give me that feeling. We shall see though. Not necessarily expecting copy/paste but a similar feel/vibe. 

OKAY!

I HAD A CUSTOMER TODAY WEARING A RED SHIRT, WITH BOLD LOOKING WHITE LETTERS SAYING:

ARCADIA

TRACK 

WITH AN INDIAN MASCOT

SO IN MY DELUSIONAL MIND I’M ALREADY THINKING RED & WHITE WITH WAR IN MY MIND THEMES FOR LDR9,

WHEN THE BITCH TURNED TO LEAVE, I SHIT YOU NOT THE BACK OF THE SHIRT SAID

BELIEVE

:godlaugh:

WE WON!!!

IMG-3521.jpg

11 minutes ago, DLT said:

I don’t know just from the very little info we have the REAL gut feeling vibe I’m getting is a continuation of Arcadia. The lyrics and the overall tone Lana had during the interview where she discussed them just give me that feeling. We shall see though. Not necessarily expecting copy/paste but a similar feel/vibe. 

Ive also been wondering a lot about this, considering her departure from social media and her overall prog from her career start to now. I’ve always thought and kind of been strangely content at how blue banisters concluded the cycle of her relationship w fame, and w the delving more into family, and conversational and poetry, it makes me wonder what n where all this exploration is going to have the music arrive to. 

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, zombie girl said:

i have a lot of wishes for what i would like LDR9 to sound like, but realistically, i honestly think she’s reached the point in her career where all of the albums are going to start sounding pretty similar. not that that’s a bad thing at all, i just think she knows who she is an artist more now than previously and i don’t think she is going to stray too far from that. BB is my least favorite lana album, but there were some songs with some really good ideas and i get what she was going for; i hope for the next album she expands on the world she built with Black Bathing Suit, Text Book, and If You Lie Down with me. the nearly fiona apple level of avant-garde and weird composition that she did with TB and BBS, mixed with more brass instruments and horns like in IYLDWM (and Arcadia).

I don’t see what people mean about text book having avant garde elements? 

Fiona apple isn’t even particularly experimental or avant garde tbh. 
massive attack, Sophie and tons of other artists trump her in that regard-she’s mostly a jazz influenced piano player with some other influences.

I had a dream Lana moved to West Virginia to become a Mountain Woman and only released folk music every seven years on a different full moon. She did have a chuech tho where she ministered wvery sunday and it was chock full of gays who made their way to Appalachia for service. She was still dating Jack tho. He grew sheep

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Even if she releases another slower and moody album I don't think it means it's all she's going to release from now on. NFR was only 3 years ago.

We know she's capable of jumping between genres in short periods of time (BTD - UV - HM) but it also makes sense that if she's in a similar mindset personally and artistically the music is going to be somehow similar (and I still think NFR, Chemtrails and BB are different enough to not sound stale or not "evolving").

All we know right now is that there's orchestra and that she recorded at least one piano song with Jack but every album of hers has at least one piano ballad so I don't think it's really indicative of anything :um2: 

giphy.gif