Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, fine china said:

Some of that deeper register came through on Black Bathing Suit and she sang that way for Buddy’s Rendezvous. There is hope. 

Yes but she’s working with J*ck so we’ll probably be getting whispering voice memos with Jack mumbling and Lana hitting her vape in the background 

whatarecoloris.jpg

On 10/23/2022 at 8:48 AM, tulsa jesus twink said:

i think WCE is like lucky ones, music to watch boys too and cherry blossom

IMG_2191.png

On 10/23/2022 at 9:03 AM, shadesofloveduthenandnow said:

Lana hitting her vape in the background 

Lanawildflowers fake acapella flashbacks

4 hours ago, Pale Fire said:

y’all can we talk about wtf is up with this new voice she’s been singing in since NFR… 

Like, I am not here for it. And it’s her new thing. It’s just an irk, it’s like that light, airy, higher register…. :toofunny: it’s kinda ruining some of her recent songs for me

I don't mind the airy vocals but I like that the Rockefeller snippet is in her high register but it sounds a bit fuller (maybe it's just the way the vocals were mixed I don't know... we'll have to see in the studio version )

giphy.gif

I rarely have LDR-related dreams, but last night I fell asleep viewing LB. 

At the end of my dream, someone random I went to undergrad with (a Nicki Minaj stan actually) called me from a phone that randomly appeared, and he told me that Lana was ANGRY in this next record—like, tons of emphasis on the word:eartha2:

Right before I got the call, someone was refusing to give her dog back to her, and she canceled her live performance on a small wooden canoe over it:true:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Random thought probably just my mind lol but if Lana did have any sort of dismissiveness towards SOTB maybe it’s because she’s had to plan/put her release on hold for it.  

Like the way she referred to it as “that snow song” could go one way or another but I will say normally she seems a tad more interested/involved when other “collabs” are released. 

Could be wishful thinking, since I’m ready for the album, but maybe she’s just over it because it impacted her plans/schedule.  

15 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I rarely have LDR-related dreams, but last night I fell asleep viewing LB. 

At the end of my dream, someone random I went to undergrad with (a Nicki Minaj stan actually) called me from a phone that randomly appeared, and he told me that Lana was ANGRY in this next record—like, tons of emphasis on the word:eartha2:

Right before I got the call, someone was refusing to give her dog back to her, and she canceled her live performance on a small wooden canoe over it:true:

Okay!! UV 2.0 confirmed period

2 hours ago, shadesofloveduthenandnow said:

Yes but she’s working with J*ck so we’ll probably be getting whispering voice memos with Jack mumbling and Lana hitting her vape in the background 

I rebuke it :deadbanana:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

1 minute ago, Pale Fire said:

Honestly tho idk if my heart can handle another chemtrails / bb ……. I’m begging for her to serve us a UV 2.0,, or for leakers to give us all the uv stuff they have 

our profile photos and ideas say that we are soulmates:kiss2:

18 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

let's not forget butch vig was on the studio when she posted the rockefeller snippet and he's the main producer on nevermind by nirvana so we never know what to expect :eartha2:

WHAAAAT??? Nirvana it's my favorite band and Nevermind it's my favorite Nirvana album. This piece of info almost sent me into cardiac arrest:horror:

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

7 hours ago, Pale Fire said:

y’all can we talk about wtf is up with this new voice she’s been singing in since NFR… 

Like, I am not here for it. And it’s her new thing. It’s just an irk, it’s like that light, airy, higher register…. :toofunny: it’s kinda ruining some of her recent songs for me

I kind of agree, I don't hate it but it sounds less confident like thinking about in BTD she sings everything so clearly, but especially on Chemtraila and BB the way she sings is almost like she's afraid to say what she's saying...if that makes sense?

Like she enunciates every word on BTD, but on Chemtrails and BB she's kind of mumbling, letting the words blend together almost like she doesn't want people to hear what she's saying. In Beautiful, I didn't even know she was saying "Picasso" until someone else pointed it out lol

I don't think it was too bad on NFR, but (and this is just some random thought speculation probably means nothing lol) maybe after QFTC she was afraid to say what she wanted to. I mean, on BB there was definitely some lyrics that could've caused some controversy (the BLM line in Text Book, talking about her issues with her mother/family) so its like she wanted to whisper them instead of yell them

Or maybe she just likes a softer sound now :agree:

19 minutes ago, sweetcinnamondealer said:

I kind of agree, I don't hate it but it sounds less confident like thinking about in BTD she sings everything so clearly, but especially on Chemtraila and BB the way she sings is almost like she's afraid to say what she's saying...if that makes sense?

Like she enunciates every word on BTD, but on Chemtrails and BB she's kind of mumbling, letting the words blend together almost like she doesn't want people to hear what she's saying. In Beautiful, I didn't even know she was saying "Picasso" until someone else pointed it out lol

I don't think it was too bad on NFR, but (and this is just some random thought speculation probably means nothing lol) maybe after QFTC she was afraid to say what she wanted to. I mean, on BB there was definitely some lyrics that could've caused some controversy (the BLM line in Text Book, talking about her issues with her mother/family) so its like she wanted to whisper them instead of yell them

Or maybe she just likes a softer sound now :agree:

We know she tries different ways and styles of singing. I think it's just more of that. I prefer the smoky voice she used on some of the 'Paradise' tracks. 

In the (distant) past, some famous female vocalists did their best work before they were told they really didn't know how to sing 'properly,' or 'correctly,' at all, and afterwards they attempted a very mannered style, empty of all energy and verve, and their careers took a huge dive.

Ann Wilson of Heart is the most prominent example--you hear her bluesy, natural voice on 'Magic Man,' 'Crazy on You,' 'Sing, Child, Sing' and on all of the tracks on the first Heart album way back when, when her voice was magnificent, a force of nature, and you hear it on most of 'Little Queen' and 'Magazine' too. Then came 'Dog & Butterfly,' and her voice is very controlled and static. And that was the beginning of the end of that band. Wilson went from becoming a potential rock legend to a nothing almost overnight, and Heart ended up, a decade later, really by that time only 'Heart' in name only, churning out shlock pop.  

Linda Ronstadt said the same thing about her famous 70s work: "I didn't know how to sing at all then, I later realized." And when she apparently did learn to sing, her career became 'middle of the road' music, some of which was excellent. 

Especially in rock, post-rock, and a lot of alternative music, that primal vocal energy and confidence is everything

To some degree, Tori Amos also slowly abandoned her original beautiful vocal style, as on 'Black Swan,'  though I never heard her say she didn't know how to sing previously. 

I would like to hear Lana attempt a more naturalistic and free singing style, a la Amy Winehouse, though I know that isn't Lana's wheelhouse. 

I don't mind the Watercolor Eyes vocals, but it and the new Rockerfeller snippet have the same sound/tune and I hate that?? I've never felt like Lana has rehashed a song besides Wild at Heart, but I love that song and I love How to Disappear. I don't want rehashes of Watercolor Eyes.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

As far as I know, Lana had sent in more than one song for Euphoria, so I'd be interesting in the other ones being use elsewhere :true: 

imageproxy.jpg