Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, the new snow song said:

i feel like everyone misunderstood her. she never said she was not going to release vinyls for her next album, just that she wished ahe was allowed to release digitally ahead of the vinyls like other artists get to (but there was also the added implication that she is not allowed to release digitally first since vinyls are so important to her first week sales so even that would not happen) but i do wish she was allowed to release digitally first with vinyls later bc it really is not fair that most artists get to do that and she does not especially since this far into her career first week sales should not matter to her label.

Didn't Blue Banisters have shipment fiasco where the vinyls shipped later so they didn't count as first week sale. They should just let her do whatever she wants.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

I always like to look at what is the trend right now, when it comes to marketing / physical copies before making speculation as what she should do. 
although the offer can’t supply demand when it comes to vinyls and with higher risks of leaks because of physical copies being sent, many big names decided not to surprise drop / digital release only for day one for their latest release. Taylor and Beyoncé are both good examples. 
so, I don’t think Interscope would be too enthousiastic at the idea of a digital release on week one since physical copies count in a good proportion in the numbers of week one. 
but hey, who knows anymore? 2022 is already her biggest year ever when it comes to streams with almost no new releases from her. 

44 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

2022 is already her biggest year ever when it comes to streams with almost no new releases from her. 

She literally just hit 43M on Spotify and is 39th in the world… we want the single now :poordat:

This thread is gonna reach page 1000 before Lana drops a single 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 hour ago, JFKs Fine China said:

I want to know the album title so badly :angie:  I love reading all of the theories and analysis on here after she announces the name, cover, etc 

I would feel a lot more relaxed if I knew…just something to keep us going.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, JFKs Fine China said:

I want to know the album title so badly :angie:  I love reading all of the theories and analysis on here after she announces the name, cover, etc 

It's either going to be so iconic or so basic cause it's so weird that she hasn't mentioned it yet :bebe:

It was untitled in May yet she seemed to have a clear concept already for the record so I wonder if she had multiple ones but couldn't decide...

I hope we get an interview in November with some info :brows:

giphy.gif

i had a dream that she dropped randomly song. it was dark melodrama-inspired cinematic alt-pop but on steroids. it went to viral but lyrics cringed many people, i remember some of them

:bebe:

This love is pain, enchanted magic

Our love is like car driving in empty road

Love can be hurtful but this making me so happy 

This love is like romantic comedy, unfunny satire

Our love is like animal's grease

Like blooded knife after cutting animal offal

14 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

i had a dream that she dropped randomly song. it was dark melodrama-inspired cinematic alt-pop but on steroids. it went to viral but lyrics cringed many people, i remember some of them

:bebe:

This love is pain, enchanted magic

Our love is like car driving in empty road

Love can be hurtful but this making me so happy 

This love is like romantic comedy, unfunny satire

Our love is like animal's grease

Like blooded knife after cutting animal offal

ANIMAL OFFAL😍 that's the vibe we desperately need on LDRX.. Wild hunter, cold, foggy beatchy, witchy...

i am actually kind of glad lana has been keeping everything about this album to herself. i do love when she shares snippets & other info bc it gives me something to look forward to but i have also noticed whenever she mentions any sounds, aesthetics, or themes she is working towards, people tend to make their own interpretations & get their hopes up when her ideas manifest differently than they expected. it seems to be in everyone's best interests when she keeps her process more secret. but i do hope for an announcement or a single in the next couple months bc how little we know is making me more curious/excited. 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

blue banisters as much as i love it had a lot of outtakes from previous albums and it felt just a bit lazy, i want an album with fully new material, maybe one or two unreleased songs

YCY3W7s.jpg

10 hours ago, JFKs Fine China said:

The tracklist announcement is usually the most exciting to me.

And a good mysterious trailer of course (that the album then lives up to)

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible