Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

the last song on this album will be 12 or 13 minutes, I feel it :nails:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

14 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

if the album was called Cleaning Up The Culture that'd be so iconic, where the cover would be her in a 60s style, hair in rollers, holding a plate of food, vacuum in the other hand, wearing an apron and she's on a facetime call with Rob

I love this and even want this but she would absolutely be accused of supporting eugenics and racism and be wide spread denounced in such a manner that would make QFTC seem quaint

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

15 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

if the album was called Cleaning Up The Culture that'd be so iconic, where the cover would be her in a 60s style, hair in rollers, holding a plate of food, vacuum in the other hand, wearing an apron and she's on a facetime call with Rob

omg wait stop it i need this. i get major Electra Heart vibes - but Lana edition :trisha:

I hope we get more than just two songs with videos this time. I expected more for BB, which is really sad because the songs were good for visualizing. She wanted to tell her story, but only with good visuals you can understand her ideas properly.

24 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

drew may not be able to mix but neither can jack nor laura sisk ….. bring rob orton and rick and kieron back :mariah:

exactly, people acting like Drew is a menace to Lana's next album is funny to me considering that Jack and Laura are lingering around, waiting to remove all traces of guitar, bass & percussions from LDR9 :creep:

i was kinda hoping for her ray of light era tbh - a 90s electronic/trip hop influence, fuller vocals, lyrics about religion/spirituality and family (which she kind of already did on blue bannisters but oh well), or maybe even some uptempo tracks like sky fits heaven or nothing really matters

2 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

I hope we get more than just two songs with videos this time. I expected more for BB, which is really sad because the songs were good for visualizing. She wanted to tell her story, but only with good visuals you can understand her ideas properly.

She probably has a 3 MV contract or something and made 2 for Arcadia to fulfill it so her label would stop asking her to do promo :eek:

I hope we get a NFR situation next time where we get some homemade visuals (sorry Chuck for calling your videos homemade) and some with bigger production (the Rich Lee ones). 

Obviously I'd prefer a lot of high budget MV like the BTD/P era but that's not happening :icant:

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

If LDR9 will be in the vein of HM, I hope it will include a dark, theatrical and lynchian ballad like this one:

I love this and would love for the new record to be in this vein.The dissonant piano also reminds me so much of Violet’s arrangements, and it seems she’s inspired by that project too, what with her calling it her favourite in that IG video recently, and also calling the new album conversational and wordy. <3

27 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I love this and would love for the new record to be in this vein.The dissonant piano also reminds me so much of Violet’s arrangements, and it seems she’s inspired by that project too, what with her calling it her favourite in that IG video recently, and also calling the new album conversational and wordy. <3

I would LIVE for an album with the sound of Violets

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I'd like LDR9 to have a few powerful, domineering, non-piano-driven songs like 'Serene Queen,' one of my favorites of all her songs. How different LFL would have been with it instead of Roachella. 

I want her to make something that will make my jaw drop :silly:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

happy 54 pages of hopes & dream

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

48 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

happy 54 pages of hopes & dream

54 page of delusion,lies and rats :fabcat:

lemme manifest song like hidtfawlmthbihi but more rock version with witchy vibes :peace2:

1 hour ago, sadhotforever said:

Can somebody pretend to be an insider again. I'll take anything at this point:lange:

I just sold feet pics to Jack Antonoff's personal firefighter and he sent me few info about LDR9

Spoiler

1. It's 30 min long and has 15 songs with 3 of them being interludes

2. It's called Shameless Fruit

3. It's a concept album about a twink who falls in love with a rich hung itallian gangsta daddy and struggles with homophobia coming from relatives after they find him sucking his bf's 4 inches cocc (that's the story behind the title)

4. It's a mix of Honeymoon and Electra Heart with electropop elements and lots of pop Lizzy Grant vibes

5. At least five songs are iphone demos over Drew's orchestra and the others vary in development level

6. Jesus Is My Boyfriend and Noir were included and heavily reworked into depressive screamo bops with soft cinematic HMish instrumentals and trip hop beats (+ guitar solos)

7. Watercolor Eyes is the 15th track, followed by a previously unreleased Sophie produced Express Yourself BTW sounding cover featuring Azealia Banks

8. SPH fans will love the album, it's very kinky

4 hours ago, paradiso said:

i was kinda hoping for her ray of light era tbh - a 90s electronic/trip hop influence, fuller vocals, lyrics about religion/spirituality and family (which she kind of already did on blue bannisters but oh well), or maybe even some uptempo tracks like sky fits heaven or nothing really matters

unpopular hot take but i hate ROL every tile i play the album :bebe: