Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

which of the new neil pics would u like to see on the (hopefully forthcoming) spotify exclusive picture disc? i'd love one w/diff images on each side– one side with one of his ocean or flower pics, the other with a shot of lana, maybe the indie exclusive green vinyl cover pic? or the standard cover pic.

aOaIzH2.gif

On 12/17/2022 at 8:14 AM, rightofjupiter said:

which of the new neil pics would u like to see on the (hopefully forthcoming) spotify exclusive picture disc? i'd love one w/diff images on each side– one side with one of his ocean or flower pics, the other with a shot of lana, maybe the indie exclusive green vinyl cover pic? or the standard cover pic.

I would love the indie green cover picture for a picture disc. Like that would be perfection. I also wouldn’t mind the Amazon cover and even think some of the inner sleeve pics could be cute like maybe the black and white with her smiling and her hair pulled up. I have a feeling if we get a picture disc though it may be a shot we haven’t seen yet. 

i think the next singles are either the grants or A&W, or fingertips, those songs seem to be important to her, A&W is long and unique just like venice bitch, and they are the first tracks on the albums :oic2:

6 minutes ago, fierybkn said:

i think the next singles are either the grants or A&W, or fingertips, those songs seem to be important to her, A&W is long and unique just like venice bitch, and they are the first tracks on the albums :oic2:

I know this album will have singer -songwriter vibes and there a lot of long songs in it like BoZ said, which « complicates » a bit the choice of singles. the title track made a lot of sense as a single (length, vibes, producers), but I wish the next one will be more up-tempo ish or have more guitars… A&W, I’m dying to hear it… but do you release one of the highlights as a single (even if she did so with VB)? I know it’s often done, but still. I’m curious about Fingertips, the Grants also… I just hope the next single has a MV. 
maybe it will be the song with the long-ass acronym? 

I was listening to old money and to young and beautiful and I came to think of how youth and beauty were always themes that concerned her. The idea of getting old, being forgotten , not being seen for your inner beauty but only for your external beauty , not being loved anymore.. idk it got me feeling really emotional :ohno:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Just now, Deadly Nightshade said:

I was listening to old money and to young and beautiful and I came to think of how youth and beauty were always themes that concerned her. The idea of getting old, being forgotten , not being seen for your inner beauty but only for your external beauty , not being loved anymore.. idk it got me feeling really emotional :ohno:

thiss... I came back to Y&B once some time ago and it really hit me. Especially with all the hate she gets for her appearance now. There's so many tiktoks and shorts on yt that compare 2012s Lana with her current photos (and some of them are edited to make her look bigger). 

I’m also curious about the next single. I’m thinking will either be A&W or the long acronym song that BOZ says actually addresses her treatment by critics/media in the past and asserts her being a woman in charge. I really kind of hope it’s the latter. The material covered and the sea theme reminiscent of Mariners really really has me peaked. I’d also love one of the singles being a direct call out to all the bullshit.  I’d also be down with AW too though. I can see it since VB was released. Lol either way not really expecting DYK to have a video but am anticipating the next one too.

52 minutes ago, DLT said:

I’m also curious about the next single. I’m thinking will either be A&W or the long acronym song that BOZ says actually addresses her treatment by critics/media in the past and asserts her being a woman in charge. I really kind of hope it’s the latter. The material covered and the sea theme reminiscent of Mariners really really has me peaked. I’d also love one of the singles being a direct call out to all the bullshit.  I’d also be down with AW too though. I can see it since VB was released. Lol either way not really expecting DYK to have a video but am anticipating the next one too.

Is there really a song where she responds to the media/critics? In two of my LDR9 dreams from earlier this year, I dreamt there was a song of that nature.

Usually when I have dreams in a pre-release cycle, at least one aspect of them comes true given my track record with this over the past years.. perhaps this is the aspect my subconscious nailed this time around x

On 7/14/2022 at 7:01 PM, Elle said:

She said it was a reference to how she's become more distrusting of others over the years, mostly romantic partners and those in the media.

She also stated that the first track on the record was titled Exceptional, and said it was a response to the treatment she received by the media in recent years. (In one of my other LDR9 dreams, there was also a song that was a response to media treatment, so I feel like this is really a sign that there will actually be a song like this on the record. Subconscious, don't fail me now.)

On 6/5/2022 at 7:14 PM, Elle said:

The single cover was a selfie, but it was edited to make her look really old sort of in the style of The Weeknd’s Dawn FM album. Everyone was really confused as to why it was edited that way, but then an ~insider~ revealed it was because the song was about how the media has perceived her as she’s grown older over the past decade under the Hollywood eye. 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

9 minutes ago, Elle said:

Is there really a song where she responds to the media/critics? In two of my LDR9 dreams from earlier this year, I dreamt there was a song of that nature.

Usually when I have dreams in a pre-release cycle, at least one aspect of them comes true given my track record with this over the past years.. perhaps this is the aspect my subconscious nailed this time around x

I don't remember the description verbatim but BOZ said the long acronym song seems to reference how she's been treated in the past in the way many people thought Mariner's did but he felt like this song was more expressive of that. He also said the track addresses her being in control and in charge. While saying that he did say that it was kind of open for interpretation and he couldn't wait till she spoke on it more. Maybe someone can link it, I can't remember if it was on Twitter or ATRL lol. Too much spilling in too many places!

But definitely seems like your sub conscious has been hinting at this to you. I wouldn't be surprised if this is that aspect you keyed in on for this album release! 

Super excited to hear the album in general but this track's description really has me intrigued. 

20 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Well hmv finally responded to my tracklist request, it's over :toofunny:

t7kkHrt.jpg

why is she being so strategic about making sure literally no one has the tracklist :deadbanana: i dont think shes ever done this before