Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

i don’t get why people are mad about insiders spilling about the album.. you chose to click on the spoilers.. you chose to lurk a thread that is probably gonna have news.. and let’s face it, you’d complain about being bored if nobody said anything..

14 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

Her single covers scare me. Sometimes they’re cute like hbtb, love and so on. But then there’s ones like the bb trio (rip Lana’s Picsart era). Maybe we’ll get a random plant like VB

the single cover for terrence loves you is forever my fave ♡

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

i just saw how rihanna is re-releasing colored vinyls for her discography and it made me think that with all the people dropping new music in the upcoming months, it makes sense that lana pushed ocean blvd release date back since popular artists are putting out vinyls around the same time

2 minutes ago, esotericfaerie said:

i just saw how rihanna is re-releasing colored vinyls for her discography and it made me think that with all the people dropping new music in the upcoming months, it makes sense that lana pushed ocean blvd release date back since popular artists are putting out vinyls around the same time

pls she’s barely gonna make top 5 this time :rip:

some republican country singer releases the same day and we know how much streams and sales they pull *cough cough*, pink floyd re-release a 50th anniversary DSOTM boxsets, which will pull a ton of physical sales, same for rihanna’s vinyls + her rumored album next week, miley will obviously be a threat now thanks to her fraud hit, taylor and sza will still be in the top 5/top 10… and that’s not counting any surprise releases by a rapper between now and end of march 

Em7JbIWVoAA3WHj.jpg

I don’t get why people are so hung up on the chart debut position :rip: 

even if bigger artists are releasing around the same time, she will still sell roughly the same amount? There’s no real difference if she sells 70k and debuts at #5 during a highly competitive week or #1 during a dead week. The album still generates the same revenue from those sales and streams?

it’s not like she’s a struggling artist that needs strong figures to back up her standing with her label. 

3 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Single cover, confirmed:

7800005246-001?$Mi9Product_detail$

it'll have a bra hanging off the top

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Imo, chart position doesn’t matter, but sales do.

I hope she pulls 60k on the lower end, 75k on the higher end. I don’t care where she debuts on the chart, as long as her sales aren’t abysmal like Blue Banisters.

i wasn’t referring to charts btw. i brought up other artists releasing vinyls because it’s relevant to why lana could have pushed her date back. there is limited production for vinyls available due to the limited amount of pressing plants that make all the vinyls for the industry. lana said herself that she can’t just do a digital release even if she wanted to, she has to release physicals at the same time. if a lot of artists are requesting vinyls, then that will affect distribution dates 

24 minutes ago, Masquerade said:

Lana is such an enigma - she has this intense passion for creating music, but when it comes to the process of putting it out into the world, she seems to care very little. it's even bordered on trolling at times, especially with the BB trio artwork. I have zero expectations for her in terms of rolling out music in a meaningful way. to be a Lana fan now is simply to listen to the music, whenever it arrives. expect anything else and you're priming yourself for disappointment

all of the gay GenZ twinks people here are used to the pop machine that delivers products with specific datelines, and Lana has been able to circumvent most of that as long as she does the bare minimum of what her label/management needs from her. If the people that have been a fan of hers since UV are STILL looking for conventional release dates from Lana, they should wear a clown nose to compliment that feeling

14 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I don’t get why people are so hung up on the chart debut position :rip: 

even if bigger artists are releasing around the same time, she will still sell roughly the same amount? There’s no real difference if she sells 70k and debuts at #5 during a highly competitive week or #1 during a dead week. The album still generates the same revenue from those sales and streams?

it’s not like she’s a struggling artist that needs strong figures to back up her standing with her label. 

some people take it too hard because numbers and statistics are a mental hobby; good statistics are used to compliment whether or not something is inherently good, and people use it as solid evidence that said thing (movie, music, sports team, consumer electronics, etc.) is worth something, even if its not. 

People like to argue about high chart positions because it validates the music they listen to. 

just as heterosexuals like to argue about sport scores, homosexuals argue about music chart position 

Just as someone doesn't care about how many #1's or Grammys Rihanna has, I don't care about how many home runs or championship rings Tom Brady has. Its all subjective 

4 minutes ago, esotericfaerie said:

i wasn’t referring to charts btw. i brought up other artists releasing vinyls because it’s relevant to why lana could have pushed her date back. there is limited production for vinyls available due to the limited amount of pressing plants that make all the vinyls for the industry. lana said herself that she can’t just do a digital release even if she wanted to, she has to release physicals at the same time. if a lot of artists are requesting vinyls, then that will affect distribution dates 

i also just saw that Britney Spears is re-issuing all of her albums again but in standard black vinyl 

8 minutes ago, American Whore said:

it'll have a bra hanging off the top

3fVdQf.jpgthis is more like it 

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

1 hour ago, American Whore said:

not me supposed to be working but instead i'm ignoring my job to be here in this wild chaos. we love to see it :lolliney:

Me, too. Relaxing, in a way. I completed it. I am on the last page, 1384!

35 minutes ago, Masquerade said:

Lana is such an enigma - she has this intense passion for creating music, but when it comes to the process of putting it out into the world, she seems to care very little. it's even bordered on trolling at times, especially with the BB trio artwork. I have zero expectations for her in terms of rolling out music in a meaningful way. to be a Lana fan now is simply to listen to the music, whenever it arrives. expect anything else and you're priming yourself for disappointment

this!!!

😋🫶🏼