Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

5 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:
  Hide contents

There’s a Kintsugi snippet too ? Damn, how did I not know this :cryney2:

Spoiler

You aren’t missing out on anything it’s so muffled

thoughts abt the grandfather line

Spoiler

is lana asking her grandfather to spiritually strengthen her dad while her dad looks after her:trisha: i also can't help but see the parallels between her dad looking out for her, and her grandfather's experiences w her uncle. the hurt from the discourse around her authenticity in the early years and intentions (still) rly runs so much deeper than we knew :trisha:

mUENGN9.png

3 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

for those that have heard the few things out there, do you think this record isn’t it’s own world building. 

ever since she mentioned not building worlds like she used to in the interview magazine i’ve been fearing this record will be in the similar choppy / jumbled vein of Cotcc/BB (which def form a record but have songs that are from diff eras) 

I’ve not listened, but from reading the spoiler tags.. I think what she means by this not being “world building” is that it’s raw and authentic, being vulnerable and putting herself out there for everybody to see

World building to me, meant she was creating an image of herself- not necessarily perfect- but not authentic. She was only allowing people to see what she wanted. When she said she wanted things to be perfect.. I don’t think she was referring to production but more like, she wanted to put music out there that didn’t make people scratch too far beneath the surface- hence nobody really knew too much about her strained relationship with her mother until much more recently.. and then from A&W and the spoiler lyrics I’ve read, there’s a whole lot more we didn’t know about her

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

1 hour ago, Not as cool as me said:

I’ve not listened, but from reading the spoiler tags.. I think what she means by this not being “world building” is that it’s raw and authentic, being vulnerable and putting herself out there for everybody to see

World building to me, meant she was creating an image of herself- not necessarily perfect- but not authentic. She was only allowing people to see what she wanted. When she said she wanted things to be perfect.. I don’t think she was referring to production but more like, she wanted to put music out there that didn’t make people scratch too far beneath the surface- hence nobody really knew too much about her strained relationship with her mother until much more recently.. and then from A&W and the spoiler lyrics I’ve read, there’s a whole lot more we didn’t know about her

Well said! I don't think she can get anymore authentic than who she is now as an artist. At least based on the spoiler lyrics I've read. The questionable lyrics might draw in some criticism but they're here to prove one thing and that is, she's not a manufactured, polished, image conscious popstar cause there's no filter, and I'm here for that! Women should be able to get away with such harmless lyrics when male musicians been spewing far worse shit solely for shock factor and get accolades in response. 

after weeks of lurking :raven:, crying over the visionary acceptance speech :xcry:, potentially frying my brain trying to keep up with this thread after the leaks (didn't listen to the songs but i read all of your spoilers tags) :cryney2:, touching grass and then realising it's too late and that lana simply holds too much power over me :mj3:, i'm back and i wanna start with:

fingertips

Spoiler

Sunbather, moon chaser 
Queen of empathy 
I give myself two seconds to breathe 
And go back to being a serene queen

i don't know if i'm reaching here, but sun bather could be a reference to marijuana and moon chaser could be a reference to alcohol... in which case, she's suggesting that she used these substances to calm herself down in preparation for her performance that evening :crai:

thoughts? did i actually manage to fry my brain now :air:

Spoiler

what happens when the audio tags are on the album and we find out this whole thing is a concept album. what then?

rosemead exCLUsive, baby :bop:

Spoiler

Can we talk about how Lana's choice of singles is not what it used to be?

She used to have a knack for knowing precisely what tracks would wow people as the single. Video Games, Ride, West Coast, High By the Beach, Love, Mariner's Apartment Complex... 

Then, all of a sudden, we get Let Me Love You Like a Woman (one of her weakest, least memorable singles ever), followed by Blue Banisters and Arcadia in the same year...

After listening to Grandfather for the 50th time, I know it would ve been her strongest first single since Ride and West Coast. It's absolutely gorgeous, epic and thrilling. And it's so much more positive and radio-friendly than Ocean Boulevard, which - as good as it is - is a very depressing song. I would have shot a big Ride-style video for Grandfather, and it would have reached 100 million views within a few years - compared to Blue Banisters, Arcadia and Let Me Love you Like a Woman, which altogether have, what, 10 million views?

Hopefully, whatever she picks as the next single won't be something like Sweet or Fingertips, but I wouldn't put it past her at this point lmao. Anyone else feel the same?

7 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

She used to have a knack for knowing precisely what tracks would wow people as the single. Video Games, Ride, West Coast, High By the Beach, Love, Mariner's Apartment Complex... 

Then, all of a sudden, we get Let Me Love You Like a Woman (one of her weakest, least memorable singles ever), followed by Blue Banisters and Arcadia in the same year...

After listening to Grandfather for the 50th time, I know it would ve been her strongest first single since Ride and West Coast. It's absolutely gorgeous, epic and thrilling. And it's so much more positive and radio-friendly than Ocean Boulevard, which - as good as it is - is a very depressing song. I would have shot a big Ride-style video for Grandfather, and it would have reached 100 million views within a few years - compared to Blue Banisters, Arcadia and Let Me Love you Like a Woman, which altogether have, what, 10 million views?

Hopefully, whatever she picks as the next single won't be something like Sweet or Fingertips, but I wouldn't put it past her at this point lmao. Anyone else feel the same?

The singles for this era’s have been GREAT🙏🏻

5 minutes ago, ldr9superiority said:

5 minutes ago, ldr9superiority said:

I'n not saying the two we've got weren't great. I 'm saying Grandfather would have been even better. I look forward to having this discussion once people hear more songs off the record.

So yesterday i saw a post that there's 4 songs with trap elements

- A&W

- Peppers

are the others Taco Truck and Fishtails?

and can someone describe the Fishtails snippet, like what's the vibe?

7 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

Hide contents

So yesterday i saw a post that there's 4 songs with trap elements

- A&W

- Peppers

are the others Taco Truck and Fishtails? -  Yes

and can someone describe the Fishtails snippet, like what's the vibe? - I am getting Cinnamon Girl vibes a little bit, also a feeling of like being underwater or  sth, i cannot describe it tbh

4 hours ago, guns and roses said:
  Hide contents

I still don't fully understand those lines, is she saying that someone told her that she shouldn't have a kid? 

Spoiler

i think it has to do with whatever mental diagnosis she has that she’s prescribed medication for. some women cannot have or are advised against having children because getting pregnant would mean getting off of their medication which would be detrimental to their health. selena gomez said a couple months ago that she doesn’t know if she’ll ever have children because of her bipolar disorder. lana hasn’t said what it is she suffers from, but she has mentioned lithium which is used as a treatment for boderline personality disorder (or some other mood disorders).

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Grandfather would be a great single, but i think taco truck could go viral too 

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

Spoiler

I'm Sweeeee-heeeeeheeeeheee-heeeeheeeeheeet

barefeeeee-heeheehee-heeeheeeeheeeeeet

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I agree that Grandfather would be a great pick for a 3rd single (despite not hearing the album in full), but A&W was clearly an inspired choice, and Ocean Blvd is clearly a very important song to her. It's the title track, it's the song she's built the album around, and it's definitely her way of sending a message to Sean. So I think it's just where she's at. It's certainly another very understated, underrated lead single from her, though.

2 hours ago, Kiki de Montparnasse said:

after weeks of lurking :raven:, crying over the visionary acceptance speech :xcry:, potentially frying my brain trying to keep up with this thread after the leaks (didn't listen to the songs but i read all of your spoilers tags) :cryney2:, touching grass and then realising it's too late and that lana simply holds too much power over me :mj3:, i'm back and i wanna start with:

fingertips

Hide contents

Sunbather, moon chaser 
Queen of empathy 
I give myself two seconds to breathe 
And go back to being a serene queen

i don't know if i'm reaching here, but sun bather could be a reference to marijuana and moon chaser could be a reference to alcohol... in which case, she's suggesting that she used these substances to calm herself down in preparation for her performance that evening :crai:

thoughts? did i actually manage to fry my brain now :air:

Spoiler

dont think so, she ripped that line off from quiet waiter blue forever and uses it in an entirely different context there

image.png