Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

It's so nice that y'all can share Lana with your family. I've tried getting my mom into her music but it makes her more sad and miserable so I stopped. She likes her voice and always says how beautiful Lana is but when she listens to her (although not understanding anything cuz she doesn't speak English) my mom thinks that all of Lana's songs are about love. Which is true to some extent but much deeper than just that. I've tried translating some lyrics to her but in the end i just confused her even more. Especially with all of the Americana references that she wouldn't know.

D.png

It's good to know that something great and exciting is waiting for us at the beginning of next year. We are slowly rolling toward it and still have plenty of time to prepare. It's like a vacation trip planned in advance that you can hardly wait to start.

Confession: before the single dropped I was literally obsessed with COCC and BB but since Wednesday I couldn't get into any of the songs on these albums. I'm afraid that when the album dropS, the previous two albums will unfortunately be seen as weaker predecessors of DYKTTATUOB. 

D.png

32 minutes ago, fierybkn said:

damn why does it sound like Blue Banisters to me 

That’s what me and my friend were saying last night it sounds like a continuation but BB has grown on me for sure and we have diverse producers so who knows what the rest of the album is going to do

58 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

Confession: before the single dropped I was literally obsessed with COCC and BB but since Wednesday I couldn't get into any of the songs on these albums. I'm afraid that when the album dropS, the previous two albums will unfortunately be seen as weaker predecessors of DYKTTATUOB. 

I completely agree. I love them but after this new single, they just don’t hit the same 

52 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

My mum enjoys the new single. Good that she doesn’t know English, though, because she has no idea there is a line fuck me to death

i just started talking loudly whenever that line was about to come up:toofunny:

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

March is too far should have been January or early Feb. But I guess she wants more time for singles and for the vinyl production?

january and february are literally the worst months to release music, shed sell a grand total of like 3 copies if she released in january

image.png

10 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

january and february are literally the worst months to release music, shed sell a grand total of like 3 copies if she released in january

Born To Die says hello 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

7 minutes ago, the ocean said:

she's dead do you really think that they're gonna answer from beyond the grave?

unless you want to pull the ouija board out and convince yourself that DW is answering when it's actually @TheDollClub pretending to be DW

just saying

the plot twist of the year that it would be:defeated:

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd's unfiltered streams on Spotify:

Day 1 - 1,433,900 (partial)

Day 2 -  2,249,393

Day 3 -  1,718,111

Day 4 -  1,239,731

TOTAL: 6,641,135

It's a decent drop, although sadly I'm expecting roughly 900k streams on Sunday. It'll increase on Monday though. It's still performing exceptionally well given the circumstances (Christmas songs + SZA + no MV + surprise drop + no social media promo), especially compared to previous buzz and lead singles. 

Day 4:

Watercolour Eyes: 1,283,156 streams (it was a Monday though when Lana's streams typically go up)

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: 1,239,731 streams

Chemtrails over the Country Club: 971,876 streams (Thursday)

Dealer: 801,946 streams (another Monday, 4 days after the release of the album with the song going viral on TikTok)

White Dress: 747,185 streams (ditto without the viral part lol)

Let Me Love You Like a Woman: 610,229 streams

Arcadia: 530,608 streams

Anyway, this should do around 9,5M streams in its first week!

emmaroberts-milaprint.gif