Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 hour ago, kaliuchis said:

each day im more excited for Fingertips like… Im so curious on how she can develop an almost 6 minute song of her just shitting on her mother and ex bfs  talking

when lana said that drew added orchestral arrangements to her iphone voice memos i thought she was talking about just making demos with him but the way she described the song in her letter makes me think even the final version is literally recorded on her voice memos app like Violet which scares me 😭 to pull that off either the mixing has to be really really good or they have to lean into the lo-fi vocals thing even more. but i trust them to make it work… i think

22 minutes ago, Fever said:

so this is a serious but also might be construed as immature, but does anyone else think of orchid flowers being like alien pussy/bussy like? so symbolic so amazing what an indication of how that reflects from the album 

All jokes aside, walk me through your thoughts process because..

:icant2:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

23 minutes ago, Fever said:

so this is a serious but also might be construed as immature, but does anyone else think of orchid flowers being like alien pussy/bussy like? so symbolic so amazing what an indication of how that reflects from the album 

:scoff:

28 minutes ago, Fever said:

i mean the orchid photo is very outer spacey plus ben’s loving use of the 🚀 emoji … but i don’t think it has anything to do with space, this album feels otherworldly in a ~heavenly~ oceanic sort of way, not so much in a lfl stars aliens outer space sort of way

if anything maybe just pussy sans alien because so far this album seems sensual and intimate, the album cover photoshoot is like a boudoir shoot, “fuck me to death”, american whore, etc. interested to see how that theme will play out compared to tracks like “the grants”💀

sUcVobB.png

44 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i mean the orchid photo is very outer spacey plus ben’s loving use of the 🚀 emoji … but i don’t think it has anything to do with space, this album feels otherworldly in a ~heavenly~ oceanic sort of way, not so much in a lfl stars aliens outer space sort of way

if anything maybe just pussy sans alien because so far this album seems sensual and intimate, the album cover photoshoot is like a boudoir shoot, “fuck me to death”, american whore, etc. interested to see how that theme will play out compared to tracks like “the grants”💀

precisely. but there's also something special about orchids as well bc of their growth patterns/ how long they take to bloom that's really satisfying to see when it does. whereas roses seem to always to be thought about as red, the red/magenta pigment from some orchids just feel so vampiric in a romantic kind of sense. something about it's shape and how it still is a flower

UV/Honeymoon

4 hours ago, Fever said:

The orchid being a « symbol » for a vulva is indeed an art reference (think Georgia OKeefe’s paintings). And there’s clearly a reference to female genitalia in the title track. 
Alien pussy though… not so sure. 

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

The orchid being a « symbol » for a vulva is indeed an art reference (think Georgia OKeefe’s paintings). And there’s clearly a reference to female genitalia in the title track. 
Alien pussy though… not so sure. 

otherworldly, out of this world, evoking a sense of larger than daily existence of living and perception. and enticing curiosity and wonderment. also the petals look like an advanced spaceship. something almost spiritual and belonging in it's vastness and elusiveness to grasp. almost, beguiling even, yet strangely enough, still familiar to help begin again and to create and carry over the cycle and experience. 

UV/Honeymoon

5 hours ago, Fever said:

pussy i can see but why on earth would she make a song about gay men’s asses ?:rip:

19 minutes ago, Fever said:

otherworldly, out of this world, evoking a sense of larger than daily existence of living and perception. and enticing curiosity and wonderment. also the petals look like an advanced spaceship. something almost spiritual and belonging in it's vastness and elusiveness to grasp. almost, beguiling even, yet strangely enough, still familiar to help begin again and to create and carry over the cycle and experience. 

I had never seen the photos like that, but you might be on to something… 

the colours do remind me though of the waves in the different sleeves of the vinyls. 

9 minutes ago, Fever said:

I wanna get poetic but i honestly dk if this forum’s even ready for that so make your own conclusions

girl they see scat pics every 5 business days they’ve seen worse, go ahead and be your poetic self mama :dua:

I think the non-Lana pictures from the vinyls are just Neil pictures she bought and they repurposed to use for the album I don't think they have any deeper meaning than aesthetics :um2:

I hope I'm wrong and we get a nice MV in the space or in an alien mountain tho :creepna:

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, 5adboy said:

I'm still amazed by this era's aesthetic :defeated: The waves, the orchids, the iconic hairstyle

Untitled-design.png 

The melancholy of Ultraviolence, the feminine elegance of Honeymoon. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over