Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

7 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

when lana said that drew added orchestral arrangements to her iphone voice memos i thought she was talking about just making demos with himย but the way she described the song in her letter makes me think even the final version is literally recorded on her voice memos app like Violet which scares me ๐Ÿ˜ญ to pull that off either the mixing has to be really really good or they have to lean into the lo-fi vocals thing even more.ย but i trust them to make it workโ€ฆย i think

I was worried about that too but the second snippet vocals sound very clean and good so I guess they either re recorded them in the studio or they mixed them perfectlyย :creepna2:

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I was worried about that too but the second snippet vocals sound very clean and good so I guess they either re recorded them in the studio or they mixed them perfectlyย :creepna2:

thereโ€™s another fingertips snippet ?ย 

10 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

second snippet?ย :creepna2:

and also for giving meย Margaret

13 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

thereโ€™s another fingertips snippet ?ย 

ย 

12 minutes ago, kaliuchis said:

second snippet?ย :creepna2:

There's the one that leaked with Ocean Blvd that sounded really rough andย some weeks later another one leaked with better vocals (but it has an annoying tag over itย :thumb2:)

giphy.gif

If Lana put Cruel World on this album I wouldnโ€™t even be mad like it would be a welcome surprise for me to press play on The Grants and instead it just plays Cruel World.ย 
ย 

The song would make any album better so itโ€™s kind of not a bad thing.ย 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycatย 

ย 

1 minute ago, Wait For Life said:

those demos being sold on redacted were obviously just stolen from ericksonย 

heโ€™s really doing Ben work

and also for giving meย Margaret

2 hours ago, Fever said:

otherworldly, out of this world, evoking a sense of larger than daily existence of living and perception. and enticing curiosity and wonderment. also the petals look like an advanced spaceship. something almost spiritual and belonging in it's vastness and elusiveness to grasp. almost, beguiling even, yet strangely enough, still familiar to help begin again and to create and carry over the cycle and experience.ย 

ย 

I've definitely used an orchidย photoย as a metaphor for pussy in a poster artwork for a feministย event before so maybe you're onto something. it fits the vibe of the photoshoot where she's feeling herself and we've seen her over the past year radiating this energy. maybe it's something that will translateย through lyrics? I don't remember her explicitly talking about the meaning of the flowers of each eraย previously butย the orchids definitely has this whole fertility, luxury and powerย energy to them

ย 

the oxford definition:

orยทchid

/หˆรดrkid/

noun

plural noun:ย orchids

a plant with complex flowers that are oftenย showyย orย bizarrelyย shaped, having a large specialized lip (labellum) and frequently a spur. Orchids occur worldwide, especially asย epiphytesย in tropical forests, and are valuableย hothouseย plants.

ย 

edit: now I see that the orchids might have nothing to do with this era but they do fit the vibe perfectlyย :oopna:

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย 

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

ย 

There's the one that leaked with Ocean Blvd that sounded really rough andย some weeks later another one leaked with better vocals (but it has an annoying tag over itย :thumb2:)

ย 

wait idk if itโ€™s the right one i foundย but it sounds good, the crystal clear vocals, theย mysterious vibe going on and the light synth/pad chords in the backโ€ฆ does another honeymoon esque track awaitย us ?ย ย :dua:

No tea, no shade, no pink lemonade BUT

ย 

We really went from "Chucky's making birthday cake" to "Handmade beauty sealed up by two man-made walls"ย :legend:

ย 

Spoiler

really no shade BB is actually a lyrical masterpiece and we should all deal

ย 

8 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

thinking about formerย posterย graham4anything during this time

Where did they goย :hdu:ย I forgot about them in the tunnel under ocean blvdย :defeated:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Just now, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Where did they goย :hdu:ย I forgot about them in the tunnel under ocean blvdย :defeated:

legend behaviour, they say he can be found in Camarillo running past silver mirrorsย down the corridor

Ok I had an LDR 9 dream last night. I remember I was playing the second song on the album (but it wasnโ€™t DYKTATUOB) and it was so beautiful. It was like the perfect mix between Honeymoon and Ultraviolence. Like literally my dream song. And I will never be able to hear it again๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญย ย 

3 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

Omfg we finally got a new theme refresh your pages lipstersย :oprah4:

ย 

nice try :ma:ย 

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย