Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

On 9/20/2023 at 5:39 PM, taco truck said:

LDR 10 Predictions

1-2 word title

12 tracks 

Average song length 4 minutes with 3 songs over 5 minutes with a total length of around 50 minutes

There will be a cover (most likely Stand by Your Man)

Either 1 or no features at all

No Interludes

The genre for this record won't be easily pinpointed, though there will be a strong southwestern influence (think God Knows I Tried, Religion, Wild One), it will be more electronic than traditional country, mixing synths and possibly some beats with steel pedal guitars, acoustic guitars, and piano, with some added cinematic elements of either strings, organs, and driving drums (think Ride). Themes will be less introspective than previous records, and more existential, talking about the human condition, and possibly more of a story-telling aspect (Breaking Up Slowly, Dragonslayer, and Unidentified Flying Bill). There will be a return of Lana's lower register on the record, with a mix of all her vocal styles. 

The album cover/photoshoot will be a similar vibe to these photos. 

Reveal hidden contents

2.png

07zbvEt.jpg&key=c022edd4341929a38cc91466

l8N0R0r.jpg

b052.jpg&key=a587f0b348f47015923b4ccfd7c

tumblr_n78ucdeI3v1sag8mgo1_1280.jpg

Album Color and Flower will be Maroon and Poppies

Reveal hidden contents

il_570xN.355958101_lxnj.jpg

poppy.jpg

There will be 5 album variants (not including standard black), they will be Maroon, Green, Blue, Magenta, and Cream

Vinyl inspo's

Reveal hidden contents

THE_DAVE_CLARK_FIVE_DAVE+CLARK+5+DELUXE+

THE_CURE_A+FOREST+-+GREEN+VINYL-171884.j

oddisee-thebeautyinall2_grande.jpg?v=138

NOVC-Record-Image-HASHCABBAGE-copy.jpg

OIP.mEthRs-jvbZzrXzZR6M4WAAAAA?pid=ImgDe

still manifesting this

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

okay, everyone stay on topic

Warning points will be given out to those who continue with this discussion that does not belong on this thread (or really on Lanaboards at all)

I would love to hear how her voice sounds these days with some Rick production. He, or whoever produced her voice, back in the day compressed it really well and brought out those quintessential Lana tones... like that gorgeous unbeatable Lana chest voice production... I'm just very interested to hear how her current voice would sound with the classic production.

On 9/20/2023 at 8:39 PM, taco truck said:

LDR 10 Predictions

1-2 word title

12 tracks 

Average song length 4 minutes with 3 songs over 5 minutes with a total length of around 50 minutes

There will be a cover (most likely Stand by Your Man)

Either 1 or no features at all

No Interludes

The genre for this record won't be easily pinpointed, though there will be a strong southwestern influence (think God Knows I Tried, Religion, Wild One), it will be more electronic than traditional country, mixing synths and possibly some beats with steel pedal guitars, acoustic guitars, and piano, with some added cinematic elements of either strings, organs, and driving drums (think Ride). Themes will be less introspective than previous records, and more existential, talking about the human condition, and possibly more of a story-telling aspect (Breaking Up Slowly, Dragonslayer, and Unidentified Flying Bill). There will be a return of Lana's lower register on the record, with a mix of all her vocal styles. 

The album cover/photoshoot will be a similar vibe to these photos. 

Reveal hidden contents

2.png

07zbvEt.jpg&key=c022edd4341929a38cc91466

l8N0R0r.jpg

b052.jpg&key=a587f0b348f47015923b4ccfd7c

tumblr_n78ucdeI3v1sag8mgo1_1280.jpg

Album Color and Flower will be Maroon and Poppies

Reveal hidden contents

il_570xN.355958101_lxnj.jpg

poppy.jpg

There will be 5 album variants (not including standard black), they will be Maroon, Green, Blue, Magenta, and Cream

Vinyl inspo's

Reveal hidden contents

THE_DAVE_CLARK_FIVE_DAVE+CLARK+5+DELUXE+

THE_CURE_A+FOREST+-+GREEN+VINYL-171884.j

oddisee-thebeautyinall2_grande.jpg?v=138

NOVC-Record-Image-HASHCABBAGE-copy.jpg

OIP.mEthRs-jvbZzrXzZR6M4WAAAAA?pid=ImgDe

Was with you until this distinction. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd? is Lana's most existential record to date since Honeymoon and AKA, and I think that viewing introspective and existential lyricism as opposite ends of a binary does her music a disservice. I think they're pretty interchangeable. All of Lana's music is pretty existential, some more than others. However, this is the record where she puts her foot on the pedal and floors it. She writes about the most hard-hitting and universal experiences of what it means to be a living, breathing, feeling, and thinking human being that lives in societies that tend to impose meaning on us. Thoughts about having children, continuing her legacy, not wanting to be forgotten, taking the memories of her loved ones with her when she passes on,  the thoughts about her past negatively impacting the woman she is today. Those aren't just personal unrelatable ramblings from a mad woman''s diary meant for her and her alone, those are thoughts we all have as humans throughout our lives. That is by definition what it means to write existentially; there must be a contemplation about how one's eventual mortality often is what motivates us to create, to pass on a legacy, to make meaning. Writing something existential requires, at the bare minimum, for the writer to be introspective by nature. If you're not introspective, then you can't reflect upon or contemplate those bigger issues in any sort of meaningful way. 

If you meant something along the lines of scale in which she writes about, such as The Greatest tackling societal decay, for example, well the lyrics to that song and what was to come a few years later on Ocean Blvd aren't exactly polar opposites or mutually exclusive. Its just a matter of scale. 

Sorry, not attacking you btw, just wanted to share a different perspective. I just don't think that the scale of what Lana writes about over her last few albums makes her music any less existential. I actually think songs like White DressKintsugi, and Blue Banisters are amongst her most raw and existentially written tracks to date for many different reasons. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 hours ago, unidentified dragon slayer said:

what was she even talking about? NFR or BTD? i think she even wrote that for a fan recently at a show

I’m pretty sure NFR is her favorite record, I think it was a defensive post right before bb came out in case it got bad reviews lol

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

41 minutes ago, arman said:

whatever she comes out with, i hope that it kind of has a psychedelic element to it. Like for example, cruel world, zodiac, just drums lol. I love lana and she's given us amazing songs from the piano but i think it's time she gives us some drums 

I'm open to piano only if it has a big orchestra production behind it like Young and Beautiful or Ocean Boulevard.

1 hour ago, taco truck said:

I’m pretty sure NFR is her favorite record, I think it was a defensive post right before bb came out in case it got bad reviews lol

a while ago she said Violet is her favorite album and in her Hollywood Reporter interview she said "The music took a huge turn from Norman, and it’s been going down that path aggressively. I’m going to continue going where I feel the only next stop is, but I think it’ll be in an Americana vein." so I don't think we'll have anything like Norman for a while, at least not with what she's recording now. also betting that if she releases a studio version of Stand By Your Man it'll be on a covers album since she said she still wants to do one

5 hours ago, taco truck said:

I think it was during the CoCC era ... I think it was after everyone hated the terrible BTS cover artwork

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I had a vision that this album will have 13 tracks :true::trisha:

Tbh I would take 13 tracks if all the songs are 4 - 6 minutes , wouldn't mind a song again that is longer than 6 minutes 

:gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I'm wanting a short album this time around like COTCC and UV. I want it to be concise folky with her lana touch

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33