Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

when we get covers album first and then LDR 10 which is all surf rock production with fun, playful lyrics like peppers, LTLI, and taco truck

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

32 minutes ago, Jared said:

Lana is tired and she has earned the right to fade into the backgroad and make less ambitious, simple boomer music. She's had a good run; now it's time for Billie Eilish, Phoebe Bridgers and others to take over.

giphy.gif

hush

16 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

Did You Know … is a beautiful but intense album — like having a therapy session on a Californian beach. But what comes next for her? I’m tired now,” Del Rey admits. “So keeping it simple is probably the way that it’s going to go. I dug around a lot writing this [album] and don’t think I have to go there again.” As such, she has plans to write an album of standards — classic, simple songs that could reach even more people than she does now. A bit like the gorgeous, piano-led cover of Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver that she released on Friday, or the Elvis Presley version of Unchained Melody that she recorded at Graceland for a Christmas TV show.

reading this breaks my heart a little. but i understand :xcry:

violets in your eyes

54 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

when we get covers album first and then LDR 10 which is all surf rock production with fun, playful lyrics like peppers, LTLI, and taco truck

Yesssssss

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

On 12/3/2023 at 10:47 AM, ivory almond said:

Honestly I think this is pretty possible after reading the times interview just now something light hearted and fun, not as deep and introspective seems like a plausible direction maybe something steeped in fantasy and euphoria would be incredible imagine wailing guitars, heavy reverb, loose and experimental but uniquely sonically Del Rey would be the SERVE of 2024 :oprah3: 

35 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Honestly I think this is pretty possible after reading the times interview just now something light hearted and fun, not as deep an introspective seems like a plausible direction maybe something steeped in fantasy and euphoria would be incredible imagine wailing guitars, heavy reverb, loose and experimental but uniquely sonically Del Rey would be the SERVE of 2024 :oprah3: 

or something bop like Be My Daddy or Live Or Die , this is what "Fun song" sound like for me :cumming:

Spoiler

Boom Like That is cumming :clapback:

I used to be a piano defender, and she excels with that instrument….

but I’m CRAVING wailing guitars ^ and synths ( a la taco truck) 

I’ll eat up anything she cooks, but I do crave a shift 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

On 12/3/2023 at 8:42 PM, Jared said:

Lana is tired and she has earned the right to fade into the backgroad and make less ambitious, simple boomer music. She's had a good run; now it's time for Billie Eilish, Phoebe Bridgers and others to take over.

giphy.gif

your choice of gifs tells everything for itself:lmao:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

On 11/27/2023 at 3:37 PM, shadesofblue said:

I keep thinking if she does do an unreleased album, I feel like it would be a double album and the second part would be the standards&classics/covers

It really could be the case. Say Yes to Heaven really did extraordinary even if it’s a one-off single. I really hope she releases the covers and her unreleased collection digitally only. I mean, it would boost her streaming numbers through the roof… I know many people here love their damn vinyls, but for those two projects, I really don’t see the necessity. 

On 12/3/2023 at 5:47 PM, ivory almond said:

Is the covers album not gonna be LDR10?

6 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Is the covers album not gonna be LDR10?

Why would an album that is not original material be LDR10 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

On 12/3/2023 at 12:42 PM, Jared said:

giphy.gif

this is an absolutely diabolical take 

On 12/3/2023 at 12:42 PM, Jared said:

giphy.gif

why are you here?

giphy.gif

On 12/3/2023 at 11:42 AM, Jared said:

giphy.gif

or, maybe, she can keep making awesome songs like candy necklace, ocean boulevard, buddy's rendezvous, and let the light in... and not let herself be overshadowed by billie eilish and phoebe bridgers :smile4:

also... i don't know what you mean by boomer music... a lot of great music came out of the 50s, 60s, and 70s... maybe you're just automatically associating old with boring :ponder:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Somehow I don't think we're going to get an unreleased or country/cover album next. :um2:

If the next one was an unreleased album, she wouldn't have released Take Me Home after SYTH.

And if the next one was a country/cover album, she would have announced it with the last single.

My post was obviously a joke, though not too far away from the truth. Lana is starting to reach the point (10 albums deep) in her career where making a typically good Lana album will no longer be enough for her to remain at the center of conversation (in contention for AOTY). She will have to come up with exceptionally good albums that are unlike anything she's done before or have strong narrative. Otherwise, she'll be relegated to the bottom of the lists with other veterans while the media machine rallies behind younger artists. 

5 hours ago, Jared said:

My post was obviously a joke, though not too far away from the truth. Lana is starting to reach the point (10 albums deep) in her career where making a typically good Lana album will no longer be enough for her to remain at the center of conversation (in contention for AOTY). She will have to come up with exceptionally good albums that are unlike anything she's done before or have strong narrative. Otherwise, she'll be relegated to the bottom of the lists with other veterans while the media machine rallies behind younger artists. 

Well, that's a bit of a gloomy outlook. 

She stopped trying to make pop records after Lust for Life, and she's never been more crtiically succesful.

I don't think she needs to do anything exceptional to wow anyone. Look at OB - over an hour of melancholy and sad songs, including not one but two interludes. She was hardly breaking new ground. As long as the songwriting is good, she'll be in conversation.

My only concern is - how many of these sad albums can people take? Without tracks like Doin' Time or Summertime Sadness to balance it out.

Not gonna lie if anything she probably had this realization of being tired for a few years now. I remember back then in late 2018 we had unreleased album expectations, but I think in herself knowing that she’s purposely postponed it for when she’s not feeling like working on new things yet wanting to give the fans stuff. I don’t think she’ll stop making albums, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is her last one for 2-3 years! We will probably get a covers album, the 2nd poetry book in 2024, & at the most some teasing for another album. If she doesn’t tease at all, then I definitely see her releasing unreleased songs sporadically when they get popular on TikTok or just for fun! Especially, when she has a bunch of songs we do know she wishes she released or never had a home for & an album or compilation of such sorts isn’t far for really tbh. 

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif