boom like that

Lana interviewed by The Hollywood Reporter [INTERVIEW]

I think it's interesting how she doesn't think this album went viral, when it's her most acclaimed/streamed album since NFR.

She's funny like that.Β :thumb3:

3 minutes ago, Crazy for You said:

well she didnt use the word country

Β  Hide contents

:bebe:

Β 

Β 

Her vision of country has always been different than most. She considers Ride, Video Games and a few other of her popular songs as country-leaning or with country sensibilities.

Β 

I’m not a huge country fan myself but even her most country songs (namely the ones in Chemtrails) are amazing and done in a very uniquely Lana fashion. I’m not scared of her going Americana/Country at all. It’ll be special.

IMG-7960.jpg

For the covers album I'm sure shes referring to covers recorded for Pacific Blue and AS&C.Β Barrie also slipped that she wanted to use Summer Wine so probably even super old covers like that one are in consideration. Makes me wonder if she'll even include Where The Boys Are and the rumored LA Woman covers...Why Don't You Do Right studio manifestation pleekΒ G2tqr2X.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.Λšβ‚Šβ€§.ΰΌ»π“†©β€οΈŽβ€¬π“†ͺΒ My love's pourin' 𓆩β€ͺβ€ͺβ€οΈŽβ€¬π“†ͺΰΌΊ.β€§β‚ŠΛš.Β yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

Β°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||Like a waterfall.||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°

1:32━━━━━♑────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ β–Β β–Œ β–·β–· | β†Ί

28 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Β 

Her vision of country has always been different than most. She considers Ride, Video Games and a few other of her popular songs as country-leaning or with country sensibilities.

E.x.a.c.t.l.y.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

18 minutes ago, boom like that said:

For the covers album I'm sure shes referring to covers recorded for Pacific Blue and AS&C.Β Barrie also slipped that she wanted to use Summer Wine so probably even super old covers like that one are in consideration. Makes me wonder if she'll even include Where The Boys Are and the rumored LA Woman covers...Why Don't You Do Right studio manifestation pleekΒ G2tqr2X.gif

She better considers her Heartshaped Box cover too, we would finally get the studio versionΒ :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β 

Americana is a music genre that encompasses traditional music styles including folk, jazz, country, bluegrass, blues, gospel, singer-songwriter, and roots music.

The instrumentation of Americana music continues to be characterized by acoustic guitars, fiddles, banjos, mandolins, and harmonicas, as well as electric guitars and drums.

β€œLana Del Rey Forgives Us” got me bleary eyedΒ :xcry:Β 

Β 

I wish 2013 Lana could’ve seen this. She deserved the worldΒ :crai:

⊹ (:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…[Μ²Μ…:β™‘:]Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…) ⊹ 

π“Š”Β I took the miracle move on drugΒ π“Š”

βš•οΈΒ The effects were temporaryΒ βš•οΈ

⊹ (:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…[Μ²Μ…:β™‘:]Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…) ⊹ 

10 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Americana is a music genre that encompasses traditional music styles including folk, jazz, country, bluegrass, blues, gospel, singer-songwriter, and roots music.

The instrumentation of Americana music continues to be characterized by acoustic guitars, fiddles, banjos, mandolins, and harmonicas, as well as electric guitars and drums.

Β 

I’m actually excited. Her foray into gospel with The Grants paid off. She’s incredibly talented, I’m not afraid of any direction she chooses to take.

IMG-7960.jpg

WHY AM I JUST NOW HEARING THIS?!?!??!?!

god she's so pretty I love her so much

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make upΒ my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

The photos serve so hardΒ they are stunning:wowcry::lange:

Β 

This was so unexpected and interesting to read:trisha:

Can't believe the covers album is alive & breathing and as people mentioned it's super interesting that she collected covers over the last 7 yearsΒ :hdu:

Β 

I'm so happy to read that she is in a happy placeΒ :wowcry:

Β 

Β 

24 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Thanks for educating us a bit about Americana. This sounds really interesting. Especially manifesting the jazz and blues vibesΒ :trisha:

Also Lana always adds her own spinΒ Β and I gonna trust the processΒ 

But what an interesting surprise today and she looks absolutely gorgeousΒ :oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β 

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

She better considers her Heartshaped Box cover too, we would finally get the studio versionΒ :trisha:

Also gonnaΒ need a studioΒ The End of the World cover too !!Β :oprah3:

Y0jLcfB.gif.Λšβ‚Šβ€§.ΰΌ»π“†©β€οΈŽβ€¬π“†ͺΒ My love's pourin' 𓆩β€ͺβ€ͺβ€οΈŽβ€¬π“†ͺΰΌΊ.β€§β‚ŠΛš.Β yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

Β°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||Like a waterfall.||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°

1:32━━━━━♑────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ β–Β β–Œ β–·β–· | β†Ί

Just now, boom like that said:

Also gonnaΒ need a studioΒ The End of the World cover too !!Β :oprah3:

Β 

she'll include the happiest girl in the whole U.S.A for a lizzy grant-esque, cute, americana, kitschy closing track! :heart:Β :oprah3:

Β 

Β 

Β 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

2 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

β€œForΒ Tunnel, I did not edit myselfβ€œ

Β 

then why did you blur the word β€˜mother’ on fingertips elizabethΒ :pout:

I always imagined it was Rob who asked her to do that (I have no proof though): like β€œStop bitching your mother” :omfg2:

2 hours ago, West Coast said:

I think she's a bit full of it when she says that she doesn't edit herself or that she pays no mind to critics, because it's quite obvious that she's become more tame, both lyrically and sonically since she had her critical reassessment over NFR, and it kind of explains why she keeps going back to Jack as a producer. She contradicts herself, she contains multitudes.

Β 

Interesting interview nonetheless.Β :blush3:

I disagree about Lana being tame, I was not ready for her to sing about her family in the way she did in Text book, Wildflower Wildfire, fingertips. I don't think she'd ever write about such topics in her early career. :hdu: Sonically... you're kinda right. But then I remember Venice bitch exists, and the outro for If you lie down with me, Dealer... :bop:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png