Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

Just now, Bereaved By You said:

I think lana is going to get 1 or 2 grammys for:

• AOTY

• SOTY 

Me on Jan 26 2020 the night before the show flashbacks :xcry:

url%5D

If Lana would just go back on SNL and perform like she usually does these days then she would prove all those people wrong! Imagine an Unchained Melody type performance but live on SNL… oh wow

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

Just now, Black to Blue said:

I don’t think we should let two anonymous voters who are not representative of the Academy as a whole dampen our spirits. Stay positive my friends :clapback:  

right what is up with the negative energy in this thread…

LANA IS SWEEPING MFS :sass: and i’ll be seated for it!

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 minute ago, Unknown said:

If Lana would just go back on SNL and perform like she usually does these days then she would prove all those people wrong! Imagine an Unchained Melody type performance but live on SNL… oh wow

She should've done that already in 2018 with Venice and How To Disappear. The Apple iPhone show live performance was so good :crying5:

url%5D

5 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Quite frankly none of these nominees are Album of The Year worthy, I found it to be a very weak year for mainstream albums. However, I voted for Midnights. Although I did not enjoy it much compared to Taylor’s previous work, she has been the inescapable face of music so how can I deny her music’s biggest award? I haven’t taken Lana Del Rey seriously as an artist since her infamous SNL performance and never will. Boygenius’ record can be considered decent but I am dissatisfied at how artists like them or Fiona Apple who are making such dull music are seen as the face of rock music, taking spots over actual rock musicians like the Foo Fighters or Springsteen.

Fiona Apple the face of rock music? :scoff:  She mainly makes art pop. I've never seen so much incompetence.

Album Of The Year:
Quite frankly none of these nominees are Album of The Year worthy, I found it to be a very weak year for mainstream albums. However, I voted for Midnights. Although I did not enjoy it much compared to Taylor’s previous work, she has been the inescapable face of music so how can I deny her music’s biggest award? I haven’t taken Lana Del Rey seriously as an artist since her infamous SNL performance and never will. Boygenius’ record can be considered decent but I am dissatisfied at how artists like them or Fiona Apple who are making such dull music are seen as the face of rock music, taking spots over actual rock musicians like the Foo Fighters or Springsteen.

what exactly does an snl performance from over a decade ago have to do with ocean blvd or literally anything else in her career? she had one bad performance at the beginning of her career so that means she doesn’t deserve to be taken seriously? one performance is supposed to discredit the 10+ genius projects she’s released since then? it’s time to let go of snl 🫶🏼 so unserious 😭😭

😋🫶🏼

20 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I haven’t taken Lana Del Rey seriously as an artist since her infamous SNL performance and never will

the way I went through the 4 stages of anger just by reading this sentence  :aubrey:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

People who think music made on a laptop isn't real music because it's not made entirely with ''real instruments'' and who shower artists like Macklemore with best rap awards have terrible music takes. Oh no, who could've seen that coming!!

Imagine still taking these losers seriously or seeking validation from them in 2024.

I haven’t taken Lana Del Rey seriously as an artist since her infamous SNL performance and never will.

this is why question for the culture was necessary to put out :true:

giphy.gif

If people refuse to take her seriously because of a performance 12 years ago then they shouldn’t be allowed to vote- and I mean this in respect to any artist, if you aren’t going in to the votes open minded and prepared to sit down and listen to allll the music nominated, then why vote. It’s not reflective of the art, it’s an outright popularity contest and that’s a joke

they should all be made to sit in a room in exam conditions and listen to the music before casting votes :diva:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

The SNL performance being his reason to not even give her a chance is honestly unfortunate for him. You don’t deserve the privilege to vote if you can’t even vote fairly :emma:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

7 minutes ago, mcull13 said:

I think Lana will get:

duo pop

alt album

alt song

Alt categories should be easy win but duo is difficult to predict, there are a lot strong competitors(maybe if Jon use his power on old voters:sass:)

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

7 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Blind ballot from Golderby:

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/music/blind-ballot-2-grammys-2024/

Interesting :oprah3:.

That man voted for Taylor just because, that's why sometimes I find it hard to take these awards seriously, like him there will be many who vote for an album without even listening to it, fuck that man. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey