Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

3 minutes ago, ldrzodiac said:

I meannn…

there’s something new on dbree which I can’t discuss on LB as I don’t wanna get banned

BUT

it could be fake…

if you have to ask, it’s fake 

"Don’t forget me"

I miss the delusion of OB pre-release can we bring back the insane double album theories

Carmen GIF by Lana Del Rey

︵‿୨ ♱ I talk to Jesus / And ask him if he'll think of saving me ♱ ୧‿︵

5 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

if you have to ask, it’s fake 

I mean the thing that was uploaded is rlly hard to tell whether it’s fake or not it’s like 50/50 but yet again it’s best if I don’t discuss it on here coz I’m worried it could cause problems. Have a look tho if ur interested

1 minute ago, star Iux said:

I miss the delusion of OB pre-release can we bring back the insane double album theories

Lmao imagine a double album that would be amazing it would honestly make my life

I bet yall 1 unleaked Lizzy song that willow trees are gonna be a reoccurring motif on the album  :true:

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

7 hours ago, LanaBalkana said:

I feel like this era is more painful than nfr. She really left us high and dry 

oh you weren't around for nfr were you… baby it was HELL! waiting practically 1 entire year between the lead single and the album was more torturous than any other antic of lana because it's harder to wait once you get a taste

6 hours ago, ldrzodiac said:

I meannn…

there’s something new on dbree which I can’t discuss on LB as I don’t wanna get banned

BUT

it could be fake…

If it’s a post, you’re safe

10 minutes ago, details said:

oh you weren't around for nfr were you… baby it was HELL! waiting practically 1 entire year between the lead single and the album was more torturous than any other antic of lana because it's harder to wait once you get a taste

NFR album was amazing and beautiful, but that pre-release era goes down as her worst one ever. It was a torture. That was like a drought in the Sahara desert with no food, no water and no map. We didn't get any useful crumb of information at all and even the media spread fake rumours about that March 29th date :brigitte: Well yeah, she dropped Hope and Doin Time but she literally said nothing what's happening next. There weren't any interviews as well (before the album), only the Italian Vogue interview which was only for promoting Violet. The only teasing part were those effing snippets

on Instagram (funny thing is that she teased like 75% of the album before the release, Happiness Butterfly had like 3 snippets lmao), these were like the only crumbs we held onto but she posted these without saying anything, so I remember being lowkey afraid that maybe these songs won't appear on NFR (Roses Bloom For You flashbacks). Thank god, these songs did appear. I love Lana with all of my heart but I hope that she'll never repeat that kind of drought that was NFR's pre-release era. 

Although, I remember reading the rumours that the album was delayed because "Fucking" is in the title but as we know now, it was fake.

At least the album was worth waiting and that 4 month post-release era was fun as well while it last *cough* until she cancelled the European tour and COVID came *cough*

So my point is that this Lasso pre-release era cannot be compared to NFR! at all, it's less torturing and painful. Even COTCC, BB and OB pre-release eras went ten times smoothly than NFR pre-release. But I do think that Lana is maybe more careful with dates this time? In the COTCC and Banisters era, she somehow confidently dropped dates like it was actually going to drop (September 5th, June 1st, July 4th, also January 4th for Violet) but like we know nothing happened. We just know the month but not the exact date. Perhaps, it's a scientific experiment with Lasso :hide:

2.gif

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Oh something is definitely brewing: Tap reposted her selfie in their stories 👀 

And with "🖤🖤🖤", not "😍🚀❤️", something's def in the air :shock:

2.gif

7 hours ago, LanaBalkana said:

I feel like this era is more painful than nfr. She really left us high and dry 

@Embach summed it up perfectly, how painful NFR was. Plus I’ll add that when she posted 10000 snippets through October and November, without any indications of the album coming, I thought she doing the same as in the LFL era: posting snippets weeks before release of the album… which wasn’t at all the case.
To me, whenever we start to hear music, this is when I can’t wait. True, we’ve heard a snippet to Henry, but I guess I must know the drill by now that it doesn’t excite me as it used to (sadly). 

Tbf we are quite lucky as it is nowhere near as bad as NFR pre-release (even tho we were getting singles the wait was very very long)

I just hope if this album is delayed she officially announces it SOON because it’s been over 6 months now since the announcement and pretty much nothing has happened. We’re lucky to have a snippet! But I think she needs to start the rollout within the next few weeks or the next month otherwise it will drag on ridiculously.

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Oh something is definitely brewing: Tap reposted her selfie in their stories 👀 

Also this is exciting!!! I think something’s definitely coming soon. Maybe not as soon as we think or maybe literally tomorrow who knows! If she decides to surprise us then it would be very fun

I fucking swear that I dreamed that the tracklist and 8 songs from Lasso had l-worded.They were the 8 tracks produced by Jack bc someone had hacked into his computer. 8 out of 32 total tracks :thumb3: 

yes I am boarding the delulu train

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

11 hours ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

i'd still say nfr gives me nightmares where i wake up with palpitations 

It was the absolute worst, made worse by the viciousness of some of the routine attacks here. I'm so glad those days are over. 

I'd rather get no news and no snippets at all than "I really don't know when it's going to come out" from Lana and two singles released a year before the album itself, and then reversals and incorrect information. In the broadest fashion possible, I think she's learned not to over-promise. Is she the most mercurial artist ever when it comes to statements about releases? YES. 

Nothing will ever be as bad as NFR and that’s a fact. 

HIAB snippet in early 2018, MAC/VB and album title in September 2018, Hope in January, Doin Time in May, TG/FIILY randomly leaking in July because the release date changed and they couldn’t be bothered to tell google and YouTube, the “album in a few months” comments at her shows, and EVERY single song having a snippet by the time the album came out. 

I do wish she wouldn’t have posted Henry so early, because it’s turning into this era’s happiness is a butterfly/Tulsa Jesus Freak. Idk why but I’m still hopeful that something will be released this year 

"Don’t forget me"

It's lowkey a tradition that she's sharing (at least) a one snippet in each era since LFL. Like I know that she teased bunch of snippets in LFL and NFR but in COTCC she teased Tulsa Jesus Freak, in Banisters she teased the title track (with the scrapped Clay video) and Arcadia, in Ocean Blvd she teased Candy Necklace and now she teased Henry Come On. Tough too but that was released later.

2.gif