Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

IDK as of now the only suspected tracks are 

Right?

Do you have a Question for the culture?
NEXT AHS SEASON: AHS "CULTURE" starring Lana del rey

1294313467_download(11).jpeg.76422607260

20 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Do y'all think the country roads cover will be on LASSO?

I think it’s possible and would make sense for a country album, but I hope not. She released her doin time cover as a single for NFR. I’d rather have new songs though

492482-1.png

♡︎

37 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Do y'all think the country roads cover will be on LASSO?

I hope so. It’d be my pee break when I’m listening to it on vinyl :wubna:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Father John Misty is releasing his album on Nov 22 (no Lana sadly, although I could very well imagine her in duo with FJM for the last track). I could hear it yesterday, through an early official streaming party. It is glorious. Epic tracks (many are well over six minutes), many different genres, orchestral (thanks, Drew and Jonathan Wilson).

point is Lana can now take her sweet time with her LP: I think I just heard my favourite album of 2024 :blush3:

wait but like morgan wallen collab?

10 hours ago, Juniper said:

IDK as of now the only suspected tracks are 

Right?

tough will not be on the record.. like at all lol. its quavos song 

the voice of nirvana says come as you are~ and i will night time is almost ours

Lana Del Rey Bw GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY 

46 minutes ago, coneyislandbaby1949 said:

wait but like morgan wallen collab?

tough will not be on the record.. like at all lol. its quavos song 

Written by Lana's ex boyfriend, ideated by Lana, with the producer of Doin' Time, in country style, which just so happens to be her new album style. Sure, Jan.

16 hours ago, Embach said:

Can anyone bring some tongue in cheek examples from Lana, trying to think about one right now but can't really recall (only besides FMWUTTT or MPG).

Bartender, In My Feelings maybe (Peppers or Taco Truck??) :oic3:

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Father John Misty is releasing his album on Nov 22 (no Lana sadly, although I could very well imagine her in duo with FJM for the last track). I could hear it yesterday, through an early official streaming party. It is glorious. Epic tracks (many are well over six minutes), many different genres, orchestral (thanks, Drew and Jonathan Wilson).

point is Lana can now take her sweet time with her LP: I think I just heard my favourite album of 2024 :blush3:

That's good news--thanks, Is there a title yet? His songs are hit-or-miss with me, but when they hit, they're great. 

can't believe i missed it :deadbanana: i'm so out of the loop rn.

it'd be fun if lana did a listening party like the old tines. god bless the honeymoon campaign

I've only dabbled in his music but I just put on Screamland after reading your post and wow :wowcry:

Back on topic: we have a little under 2 weeks left of September. What're the odds we get any news before October

Tumblr

13 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

That's good news--thanks, Is there a title yet? His songs are hit-or-miss with me, but when they hit, they're great. 

Mahashmashana, referring to the Sanskrit word Mahāśmaśāna (महामशान, "great cremation ground") 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahashmashana

1 minute ago, Nectar Of The Puss said:

Wait do we still have faith in this album coming out? I’ve been so out of all Lana stuff lately I feel lol I’m behind

Yes but no one knows when. Most likely Q1 of next year. Lana said in a Vogue interview a few weeks ago she has 2 singles coming before the end of the year.

Tumblr

11 minutes ago, World At War said:

can't believe i missed it :deadbanana: i'm so out of the loop rn.

it'd be fun if lana did a listening party like the old tines. god bless the honeymoon campaign

He didn't release anything on IG about it--I just checked again, that's how I missed it. 

Lasso Imaginary Tracklist :

1. My Angel, My Sin

2. The Devil Wears Prada

3. Gucci On My Body

4. Serene Queen

5. Gator Daddy, Swamp Queen

6. Stepmum of 3 Bratz

7. Dirty Laundry

8. I'm Not A Famous Singer, I'm A Humble Waitress Waiting To Tie The Knot With My Gangsta Gator Wrestling Daddy

9. Forget About Lasso, I'm Never Releasing It

10. Y'all Are Not Even Gonna Get A Final Warning Swan Song

11. Y'all Let Taylor Swift Win The Grammy For Which I Was Nominated, So I'm No Longer Interested In Releasing Music Anymore

12. I Have Retired For Good

13. Bye BitcheZzz :point2:

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

Written by Lana's ex boyfriend, ideated by Lana, with the producer of Doin' Time, in country style, which just so happens to be her new album style. Sure, Jan.

his label is behind it. they pressed the records. 

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

on quavos youtube channel. he is the only one who has promoted it. it is copyrighted under him? sure jan

ps she also wrote portions of fly by lenny and quavo. it doesnt have to be hers