Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Just now, Poor Stacy said:

We've never actually received a Lana album in September, despite her teasing September release dates before... :teehee:  I wonder if we'll finally get one this year! 

the honeymoon erasure..

44 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

everything i could take from this message is that our grammys in danger

Perhaps this is our do-over year…

2020 Leap year: literally had the most traumatic day of my entire life on leap day that still heavily affects me to this very day

2024 Leap year: literally anything else happens

2020 Trump vs Biden: Biden wins, Trump claims election fraud

2024 Trump vs Biden: neither bozo wins and are somehow both disqualified from even running

2020 Chiefs vs 49ers: Chiefs win, not sure the repercussions of this (sports are a nonevent in my world)

2024 Chiefs vs 49ers: 49ers win which makes Lana happy since she’s rooting for them (tbh idrc either way again sports are a nonevent in my world)

2020 Lana Del Rey unexpectedly announces her follow up record to her previous Grammy-nominated album to be released in September that has acountry influence & production by Jack Antonoff: Lana loses at the Grammys and then the new record gets pushed back & kinda flops

2024 Lana Del Rey unexpectedly announces her follow up record to her previous Grammy-nominated album to be released in September that has acountry influence & production by Jack Antonoff: Lana wins at the Grammys and then the new record gets released on time as originally stated & is met with massive success

2024 here we come :beyonce:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

i cant WAIT for this. i think lana’s country is going to be more folky n atmospheric and i absolutely love that sound from her. the title ‘Lasso’ is also just adorable :flutter: i dont like country but i think lana will do it right. every ‘country’ type song she’s written has been amazing

I know at least half of the people here are pretending to be happy about this

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

28 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

I feel like country music is the only genre that Lana can't pull off yet. She's done pop, alternative and jazz, but they all sound unique and special to her, you can tell it's Lana, whereas in country music she tries to follow the most basic rules and doesn't try to make it her own (songs like Breaking Up Slowly are proof of that). If she continues this tendency, I can safely say I'm not excited

This is my worry too. 

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

she seems very passionate about this project and it seems like it all came together so quickly. we havent seen lana dive into any type of world/genre like this in a long time. i can already feel that she put a lot of passion and love into this project. i mean my god… it seems like she bought a place in nashville to be absorbed into that culture. if ‘hey blue baby’ and ‘i must be stupid’ came out of just wanting to make a couple one-off country songs, i cant imagine what shes putting together now :dance2:

5 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Am I insane for thinking this could be a 16-18 track album? :nails:

That much cuntry music on one record :stareney:

Jk, I’m sure I’ll love it. I like her country collabs/covers better than a lot of her early hip hop collabs. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

I think her dipping her toes in the genre before aren't really a signifier of what's to come. She seems really passionate about it and probably deep enough in it to give it her own signature.

So i'm not really expecting Breaking Up Slowly 2.0 (which is a song i love but i get what people mean).

Henry Come On sounds so Lana, i'm expecting that direction

41 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

I feel like country music is the only genre that Lana can't pull off yet. She's done pop, alternative and jazz, but they all sound unique and special to her, you can tell it's Lana, whereas in country music she tries to follow the most basic rules and doesn't try to make it her own (songs like Breaking Up Slowly are proof of that). If she continues this tendency, I can safely say I'm not excited

Wut? She did a bunch of country last year and where did she go wrong? I personally can’t stand most country, but I genuinely liked most of the country stuff she’s been doing.

It seemed really random at first, but I could sense that it was really important to her. Whether it’s a creative shift or just a new area she’s exploring, I support whatever motivates and inspires her. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

I just know that so far I've loved every album by her, and that's not the case with any other artist for me. So I'm looking forward* to whatever she'll release, because I am pretty sure I'll love it, too. 😊

*... and this time I'm especially excited for this cause I love country and related genres. I suppose though, as some others wrote, it might indeed be more some kind of Americana, American standards, folk thing, which sounds just as fantastic. I feel like a child before Christmas. 😍

It was expensive watch it 

🎶 I got my cowboy boots on tonight. Walkin’ after midnight like Pasty Cline 🎶

I’m just being silly but I’m interested in hearing Lana’s county album I always wanted a studio version of Prettiest Girls in Country Music but her cover of Country Roads did for me as it was not better than the original so I’ll guess I’ll be hoping for the best. It’s gonna be so funny seeing everyone in cowboy boots for the next era 😂

13 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

:eartha: oh I laughed so hard at this cause it’s so real

everyone on lb rn:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e