Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I really want Lasso to be like Yosemite and the DTWD bridge (and whole song tbh) and something like White dress but a little countrier

Also I would love if she'd use her dark and raspy voice

And if the album felt like a hot and dark summer night and you were sitting by a fire then what omg

BTD and NFR are both iconic American albums, where her stories aligned with what was happening socially and culturally. 
at the moment, I have the feeling (based essentially on Jack’s comment) that Lasso could become her third « best American record ». :dua:

13 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

Love her but Lasso is such a funny title name to me :deadbanana:seems she wants to make it known that it’ll obviously be a country album, but to me it’s like naming the album “Cowboy Boots” or “Saddle” 

Yeah it’s very much « on the nose ». The song better be fucking amazing, to make me forget that « cliche » name 

13 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

Love her but Lasso is such a funny title name to me :deadbanana:seems she wants to make it known that it’ll obviously be a country album, but to me it’s like naming the album “Cowboy Boots” or “Saddle” 

She'll change it, it was releaved to me in a dream 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Idk I feel like her album titles have been quite on the nose before. Ultraviolence as a title is dark and heavy, Honeymoon has a hazy almost dreamlike feel, Norman is  Americana, Blue Banisters is boring, Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd is wordy and diaristic. 

Lasso seems to be in the same vein  

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Idk I feel like her album titles have been quite on the nose before. Ultraviolence as a title is dark and heavy, Honeymoon has a hazy almost dreamlike feel, Norman is  Americana, Blue Banisters is boring, Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd is wordy and diaristic. 

:oic3: I hadn’t seen it like that. Thanks, babe 

29 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

I like this title more and more. Country music is usually very simple and the title reflects that perfectly, it's like she's playing with clichés. But somehow I think Lana's country is not just simple, it could be profound or even revolutionary. :dua:

On 2/29/2024 at 2:27 AM, Bereaved By You said:

soo… a Countrified kind of NFR !!!!  

That already exists. It’s called ChemTANKS. No, thank you. That was pretty much NFR again with a touch of country.

On 2/29/2024 at 12:06 PM, SalvaWHORE said:

Been watching Hannah the movie to catch all that country southern gal feeling ... i kinda want Lana sings sweet country songs like these, something as warm & sentimental

Hannah Montana??? Y’all need to be fucking serious for a minute :lmao:.

42 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

It’s not funny at all to me. It’s a really cool word that was a very cool imagery attached to it for me. Nothing tacky like Cowboy Boots or Saddle like your saying. That’s like saying she’s naming it “Shoe” or something. Which she DID NOT.

How do I say this? Let me get an analogy going. She’s not naming her album “Car” or “Vehicle” ok… she chose “Mustang”. They are similar, but Mustang as a title sounds so much cooler. Lasso sounds cool af to me. Honestly, couldn’t be better for an album representing Western, Country, Cowboys, etc. L4na really understands the beauty of words. She gets it. And this is no different. It’s a cool word.

I had a dream (lol it’s so funny how we all have dreams about this shit) where Rob posted a snippet of a new song from Lasso lol and it was called New Orleans and it started out with super dark twangy guitar and drums and bass and then it was Lana like whisper/talking something over it. Omg i wish I could remember more it sounded so good :lange:

14 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

It is:xgiggle:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

All predictions about a Country sounding Lana are a complete shot in the dark for us as we have nothing to compare it to. The closest we have is the Country Roads cover and some songs off Chemtrails that could be loosely tied to country. With a title as on the nose like lasso, i think it will definitely be different than anything we’ve seen prior. I think it will be a more than just a countrified Chemtrails. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x