Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

while i do enjoy A&W & think it earned n deserves its moment, the "this is the best thing shes done since NFR album" or esp "since Venice Bitch" takes are rly frying my brain....  idk, personally i don't even think it's better than the title track let alone some of the material out of her previous 2 records :toofunny: but sure, i still can easily understand those who think it is ......... the way some ppl are completely disregarding the gems we got throughout COTCC/BB however is lowkey upsetting n weird, TO ME. also kinda unsurprising tho bc from what ive seen, this forum doesn't take too kindly to those two albums.

tldr- black bathing suit, white dress, chem, wildflower wildfire could basically be sister tracks to a&w so atleast pay them their dues :oprah4: 

& COTCC&BB ARE GORGEOUS RECORDS ANYWAY .

Spoiler

not that serious tho cuz at the end of the day it is all subjective, like yeah idgi but someone gets it & thats good :kiss3:

im just happy everyone is finding something to vibe to, at the end of the day thats what matters

16 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

while i do enjoy A&W & think it earned n deserves its moment, the "this is the best thing shes done since NFR album" or esp "since Venice Bitch" takes are rly frying my brain....  idk, personally i don't even think it's better than the title track let alone some of the material out of her previous 2 records :toofunny: but sure, i still can easily understand those who think it is ......... the way some ppl are completely disregarding the gems we got throughout COTCC/BB however is lowkey upsetting n weird, TO ME. also kinda unsurprising tho bc from what ive seen, this forum doesn't take too kindly to those two albums.

tldr- black bathing suit, white dress, chem, wildflower wildfire could basically be sister tracks to a&w so atleast pay them their dues :oprah4: 

& COTCC&BB ARE GORGEOUS RECORDS ANYWAY .

Hide contents

not that serious tho cuz at the end of the day it is all subjective, like yeah idgi but someone gets it & thats good :kiss3:

im just happy everyone is finding something to vibe to, at the end of the day thats what matters

the white dress erasure alone has been shocking! 

aOaIzH2.gif

Whilst I have been known to joke on this site about Lanas discog past Honeymoon-

I have been warming up to chemtrails and Banisters lately especially :hooker: I know some people joke that they are cute mixtapes but songs like chemtrails(title track) and Black bathing suit are especially good turns for her.

23 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I’m finding this very strange

- why the reuploads with random new images?

Actually is this a new image?

I don't think it's her and I think this could be for a random compilation album (with different artists)

like this

i just know in a few months people will be replying with "i don't get the hype of a&w" :eartha:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

12 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

I still dont understand the hysteria over Mariners Apartment Complex:pls:

Honestly same, that song is so dry, it's not even a top 10 song

A&W isn't close to Born To Die sonically. I mean that in the literal sense of "they don't sound alike" lol. I don't get why so many people see that song as BTD Lana when, if it's anything, it's Lust for Life mixed with 2009-2010 Lana. I generally don't get the obsession with comparing everything Lana makes to her past records to try and grasp a set sound when that's simply not the type of artist Lana is

imageproxy.jpg

9 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

A&W isn't close to Born To Die sonically. I mean that in the literal sense of "they don't sound alike" lol. I don't get why so many people see that song as BTD Lana when, if it's anything, it's Lust for Life mixed with 2009-2010 Lana. I generally don't get the obsession with comparing everything Lana makes to her past records to try and grasp a set sound when that's simply not the type of artist Lana is

The "oooo's" in the background are veryyyyyy lust for life, i also don't see the BTD comparisons except for the vocals in jimmy

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

30 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

if it's comparable to a song from BTD era then maybe Paradise?

the MAC lyrics became v cringey to me over time- when it came out ('18)/thru NFR era('19) it was one of my most played Lana tracks but now I very rarely play it & when I do it's just for the soundscape or bc I'm listening on vinyl tbh. 

"I'm the bolt/board, the lightning, the thunder, kinda girl who's gonna make you wonder who you are & who you've been"

as well as " They mistook my kindness for weakness, I fucked up I know that but Jesus, can't a girl just do the best she can?"

& "catch a wave & take in the sweetness, think about it- the darkness, the deepness- all the things that make me who i am" too slightly

make me go :toofunny: . like i get what she's saying, i just wish she didn't say it like that. maybe its too, for lack of a better word, self-indulgent for me now or something?

I guess that's just a circumstance of growing up tho, some music stays behind.. 15&16 y/o me are still v grateful for it :xgiggle:

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

the MAC lyrics became v cringey to me over time- when it came out ('18)/thru NFR era('19) it was one of my most played Lana tracks but now I very rarely play it & when I do it's just for the soundscape or bc I'm listening on vinyl tbh. 

"I'm the bolt/board, the lightning, the thunder, kinda girl who's gonna make you wonder who you are & who you've been"

as well as " They mistook my kindness for weakness, I fucked up I know that but Jesus, can't a girl just do the best she can?"

& "catch a wave & take in the sweetness, think about it- the darkness, the deepness- all the things that make me who i am" too slightly

make me go :toofunny: . like i get what she's saying, i just wish she didn't say it like that. maybe its too, for lack of a better word, self-indulgent for me now or something?

I guess that's just a circumstance of growing up tho, some music stays behind.. 15&16 y/o me are still v grateful for it :xgiggle:

wow i’m the complete opposite those are some of my fave lana lyrics ever, they mean so much to me and i would get them tattooed 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

2 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

wow i’m the complete opposite those are some of my fave lana lyrics ever, they mean so much to me and i would get them tattooed 

to each their own for sure,  i get it bc like i said that song did have me in a chokehold for those couple years!

Lana lyric tattoos are always cool :grinds:

On 2/15/2023 at 10:22 PM, Super Movie said:

Am I the only one getting mayor Ultraviolence vibes from this song? At least the first part, with that nostalgic guitar… 

On 2/17/2023 at 12:03 AM, burthday kake said:

I actually agree with this! I still believe the production is really fucking amazing- not too little, not too much, but personally I dont care for the lyrics at all amymore. I dont mind the chorus though.