Fluorine

Charli XCX

when the release hype is gone and in a couple of months y'all are gonna be saying the same shit :tommy:

just like how i said the gays are gonna be complaining and play shocked when she actually sells out and makes generic bops before good ones was even out and the whole era was spent discussing that and the qualité of the songs. :nails:

3 minutes ago, 111 said:

when the release hype is gone and in a couple of months y'all are gonna be saying the same shit :tommy:

just like how i said the gays are gonna be complaining and play shocked when she actually sells out and makes generic bops before good ones was even out and the whole era was spent discussing that and the qualité of the songs. :nails:

Girl, it's an mp3 calm down

On 3/9/2022 at 10:07 PM, charli bby said:

2 vinyls, 2 cds, a cassette AND a t-shirt :godlaugh: This woman practically has a direct debit set up from my account

1 minute ago, charli bby said:

Girl, it's an mp3 calm down

hmm... :nails:

8 minutes ago, 111 said:

like when everyone was putting blue banisters on their top 3 when it released 

1 minute ago, charli bby said:

This wasn't the aha moment you thought it was.

Anyways, let's continue to support artist output following a global pandemic :party:

artists don't make shit from music stuff bestie, record labels get the big cut on that, they make a tiny bit on merch and mostly from touring :nails: all those vinyl $$ are going to atlantic pockets

38 minutes ago, 111 said:

literally the two worst songs on the album :awkney2: the uninspired boring lazy cheap 2019-d beats not serving anything whatsoever 

this album is... just not it. there are some really great songs but rest of it is half baked half assed demos that she should have just pitched to rita ora or something 

it feels like she HIFN'd this over a bit more longer time, coming up with a song and sending it to the producer to like work on it for a day and call it done 

idc that it's not pots and pans music in fact i'm glad she stopped at the right time or she was definitely gonna get lashed and criticised for doing pots and pans music in 2022, but you can tell that songs off xcx world and self titled have so many layers, intricate details and they are fully baked, most songs sound like they went through different mixes and demos to come to where they needed to be which can't be said for more than half of crashed down the charts 

How does Constant Repeat sound like a 2019 beat when it’s 2022 SOTY? :true:

i forget but this literally happens every album cycle, people have complained about every era/mixtape except for maybe pop 2 (at the time). in a few months we will look back and be like wow crash rlly is that girl :xcry:

i feel like angels put n1a/pop 2/charli/hifn/etc on such a high pedestal, like don't get me wrong they are amazing but crash isn't some sort of disastrous downgrade like chill :P it's a new vibe that is very charlene 

8 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

now hold on

Literally my shower thoughs. I love retro sounding music, The Weeknd has mastered it. Lana is retro but at least doesn't rip off a certain decade like many do. I feel like it's so trendy nowadays to have a nostalgic sound that artists don't want even to want to try to be original. I always think of Pale Waves and how their music is literally 2000s angsty teen main character music. Many of Dua Lipa's FN hits have very recognizable old samples which is much more likely to become a hit even among the gen x than to think of an original melody. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

57 minutes ago, 111 said:

artists don't make shit from music stuff bestie, record labels get the big cut on that, they make a tiny bit on merch and mostly from touring :nails: all those vinyl $$ are going to atlantic pockets

I don’t buy music anyway and haven’t in years besides the occasional vinyl nor do I use Spotify which is 10p per stream, YouTube music, vinyl rips and touring is where it’s at.

I think it’s obvious from what we’ve heard that charli can create better music but it’s a transitional record much in the way that people slated the Vroom Vroom Ep when it came out.

8 hours ago, KeybladeMeister said:

So true bestie 

8 hours ago, the ocean said:

i see no lies in either response :true:

nnn agreed! Constant Repeat is just crack. I can't stop playing it. the way she has a chokehold on me.

Instagram.com/y1anni

This feels like the album she would've naturally made following Number 1 Angel if she hadn't went down a more experimental route with Pop 2.

It feels like a great compromise between mainstream Charli and alternative Charli. I honestly love this album so much.

Also replacing Beg For You with Just One Touch improves the album so so much!

I don't hate Beg For You, I actually really enjoy the song but it feels like it doesn't fit on this record at all...

9 minutes ago, bored said:

Also replacing Beg For You with Just One Touch improves the album so so much!

I don't hate Beg For You, I actually really enjoy the song but it feels like it doesn't fit on this record at all...

it sounds like a self-titled outtake (probably is considering that she collabed with rina during that time too)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I don’t get self titled from one touch. 
unless it was originally more moody and vibey.

I think they mean Beg For You?