Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

With every new album they become more melancholic and depressing which I enjoy but I'm not sure I would want the mood to be darker than what it is now

Like I think Honeymoon is a good album but only when I'm extremely sad.. if she goes any darker/cinematic horror (she probably will as she lives for it) I'm afraid I'll be listening to her less and less. Most of the time the album makes me feel even worse off than I was before. UV was the perfect combination of having a sad theme but with a sound that still uplifted you.

I don't agree with you. Art is a way to portray the reality using the imagination/an artistic POV. We have a lot of political songs, and it doesn't make it less artistic than "escape from reality". Btw, it's hard to say what reality really is bc everyone have it's own reality. I think that art is a way to show to the world the reality that the artist lives in (but that's my opinion) 

She a rich white woman in America...... honestly, like I said. I don't want to hear her singing about anything political. (I'm not saying that she doesn't have anything to say, it's just...i don't know.)

And I dont see Lana as an escape from reality. Per-say. I just don't really care to hear a political album from her. It's tiresome. Its boring. If I'm keeping up with politics it would be from the news and stuff, not from music.

She a rich white women in America...... honestly, like I said. I don't want to hear her singing about anything political. (I'm not saying that she doesn't have anything to say, it's just...i don't know.)

And I dont see Lana as an escape from reality. Per-say. I just don't really care to hear a political album from her. It's tiresome. Its boring. If I'm keeping up with politics it would be from the news and stuff, not from music.

okay women have plenty of right to have a political opinion right now.

okay women have plenty of right to have a political opinion right now.

I'm not saying that she doesn't. And I'm not going to sit here and debate you on it. All I'm saying is that I have no care to hear her political music. That's the end of it.

I don't really care about a political album. One anti-Trump song would probably be fine, but besides that, I stand by my earlier statement:

I'm totally here for more red party dresses, cherry or :) cola, bad boys, dancing in the pale moonlight, some James Dean/Elvis/Marilyn namedropping and angels looking to get :) hard.  :beyonce:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

We already know how Lana feels politically "I believe in the land America used to be" (or whatever the quote is)

Oops bye :blush: :lel: :runs:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

We already know how Lana feels politically "I believe in the land America used to be" (or whatever the quote is)

Oops bye :blush: :lel: :runs:

shut up. she meant the vintage aesthetics. you think she would blurt out "im a racist piece of shit" in a music video monogue??

I know no one will agree w me but I want her to have like one max Martin produced song so she can have a hit (a hit isn't all I care about I definitely would have better music but it'd be kinda cool)

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Lana has been political all along.

after all "American" is singular about a President as unique as Lana is unique as a writer/singer/producer, President Obama

and well, National Anthem-if that is not making a statement political, JFK as a black man, well, that certainly is NOT talking about today's republican party or

the a-hole DT that stole the election this year.

Lana should  do a cover of Pet Shop Boys "Wiedersehen" and "The Dictator Decides" (there is a reason that the Pet shop boys followed those before them, and were the direct next in line after Elton, and are the last new act I really cared about from day one until I discovered Lana

not to mention- politically Lana has also given so many clues in past songs leading to one and only one possibility-today's Democratic party

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Lana has been political all along.

after all "American" is singular about a President as unique as Lana is unique as a writer/singer/producer, President Obama

and well, National Anthem-if that is not making a statement political, JFK as a black man, well, that certainly is NOT talking about today's republican party or

the a-hole DT that stole the election this year.

Lana should  do a cover of Pet Shop Boys "Wiedersehen" and "The Dictator Decides" (there is a reason that the Pet shop boys followed those before them, and were the direct next in line after Elton, and are the last new act I really cared about from day one until I discovered Lana

not to mention- politically Lana has also given so many clues in past songs leading to one and only one possibility-today's Democratic party

well well well this shows how perfect her art is, one can see anything through it, like our greatest desires  :hooker:

I hope Lana puts her back-up dancers in a music video for LDR5! That would be so cool, and Lana can be dancing with them! :crying: (It would obviously have to be a somewhat up-beat song tho)

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

shut up. she meant the vintage aesthetics. you think she would blurt out "im a racist piece of :)" in a music video monogue??

It's called sarcasm, learn to take a joke :bye:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />