Gangster Bitch

Lana Confessions

Everyone's going to hate me for this, but I'm not ashamed to say this.

I think a lot of the unreleased material is thrown away for a reason. I love tracks like "Go Go Dancer" and "Dynamite" but they have about as much potential as Britney's "The Original Doll" album.

There are others, which I will name, that I feel are trash:

Boarding School

Break My Fall

Hit and Run

Making Out

Pin Up Galore

Us Against the World

Don't get me wrong, I love her upbeat songs but her sadcore like Born to Die is what I love most about her.

I feel like no one agrees with me on this one lol

Boarding School

Break My Fall

Hit and Run

Making Out

Pin Up Galore

Us Against the World

:wat:

I think a lot of the unreleased material is thrown away for a reason. I love tracks like "Go Go Dancer" and "Dynamite" but they have about as much potential as Britney's "The Original Doll" album.

Boarding School

Break My Fall

Hit and Run

Making Out

Pin Up Galore

Us Against the World

You're right. Everyone is going to hate you. :gtfo:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

i'm not on lanaboards for lana anymore (for the first week i had my account i was but after that nope), i'm on it for the people, you guys. .....is that a confession...?

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

it's kind of ridiculous!

They turn simple posters into something stock exchance papers...

Lana is the original King Queen 'Midas'

:quote:

Every. Single. Thing. She. Touched. Turns. Hot white and gold.

inb4 some1 post her legendary Midas jacket :creep:

i'm not on lanaboards for lana anymore (for the first week i had my account i was but after that nope), i'm on it for the people, you guys. .....is that a confession...?

Yes.

:haygirl:

A sweet one.

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Boarding School

Break My Fall

Hit and Run

Making Out

Pin Up Galore

Us Against the World

Don't get me wrong, I love her upbeat songs but her sadcore like Born to Die is what I love most about her.

:mariah: :mariah: :mariah:

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

Boarding School

Break My Fall

Hit and Run

Making Out

Pin Up Galore

Us Against the World

Oh God you brought up Britney and dissed at least 4 loved tracks. Incoming shit storm in 3, 2, 1....

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Boarding School

Break My Fall

Hit and Run

Making Out

Pin Up Galore

Us Against the World

I'm kind of in agreement. Born To Die was what got me into Lana and that sadcore will always be my favourite kind of Lana music, much more than her poppier unreleased ones. But that said I still love each and every Lana song I've ever heard really. :crying:

Most of my vocal ability is due to Lana.

Nice. I learned how to sing from a decade+ of obsessively listening to/studying The Beach Boys (though i still can't pick apart their harmonies). This is such a great way to learn, singing along, in a mindful and kind of analytical way, to an artist with whom you're really familiar. It may be a slower process than traditional methods, but it's a great, indispensable teacher. It goes for music in general too--nothing is a better music educator, i think, than just obsessively listening (critically) to records.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Boarding School

Break My Fall

Hit and Run

Making Out

Pin Up Galore

Us Against the World

You think DYNAMITE is a keeper, but not those?

Boarding School is groovy and telling and no one but Lana could sing it.

Hit & Run is essential pop Lana, like top 5 pop tracks from her.

Making Out can choke.

Pin Up Galore...do not get me started on dark Lizzy ditties, because I will snap some opposing necks.

Us Against the World can choke.

Nice. I learned how to sing from a decade+ of obsessively listening to/studying The Beach Boys (though i still can't pick apart their harmonies). This is such a great way to learn, singing along, in a mindful and kind of analytical way, to an artist with whom you're really familiar. It may be a slower process than traditional methods, but it's a great, indispensable teacher. It goes for music in general too--nothing is a better music educator, i think, than just obsessively listening (critically) to records.

Yes, I think so, too. First of all, I never wanted my voice to be shaped by a vocal teacher because usually there is strong tendency it will end up sounding like one of those professional but "soulless" musical star voices. Also, recording yourself and massively cringing, redoing the recording and so on and so on is very helpful, too.

I found Lana due to her vocal range probably the best vocalist to "learn with." Her timbre is way more colorful than many other popsingers'.

Yes, I think so, too. First of all, I never wanted my voice to be shaped by a vocal teacher because usually there is strong tendency it will end up sounding like one of those professional but "soulless" musical star voices. Also, recording yourself and massively cringing, redoing the recording and so on and so on is very helpful, too.

I found Lana due to her vocal range probably the best vocalist to "learn with." Her timbre is way more colorful than many other popsingers'.

Yay, there's hope for me!

Boarding School is groovy and telling and no one but Lana could sing it.

Hit & Run is essential pop Lana, like top 5 pop tracks from her.

Making Out can choke.

Pin Up Galore...do not get me started on dark Lizzy ditties, because I will snap some opposing necks.

Us Against the World can choke.

YES. And Break My Fall delivers a smart, strong perspective all coated in ear candy yumminess.

(But I agree with the point that none of them would do well on popular radio.)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png