Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I was freaking out before her birthday when she was absent but right now I'm chill

She's taken a surfing class on her birthday, she was doing god knows what in that aviation workshop just hanging around town...

Sis is making LA memories let her live and drop an amazing record with these experiences in mind

tbh she really did need a break after dropping lfl and the tour. she needs to recharge to have inspiration to make more amazing music, you're right

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

how long have y'all been waiting for an album?

frank ocean stans can also relate considering man is dead for five years at a time and is spotted publically a whopping three times during that gap

the wait between Channel Orange and Blonde just about killed me but in that time I had Lana to save me...now both of my bitches are gone and i need one of them to DO SOMETHING

if kanye hadn't fucked up his words we might just be seeing a 7-track Frank Ocean album w/ Kanye behind the production wheel but nah

@@vodkaa post 5728  respectfully disagree

I have made long drives where the only thing that keeps me awake is her music

in fact, a few times on the most recent tour as I was driving to each place, I would put in her music in date order and listen to each and every song (including a couple of my own cds

of songs not on any album)

As I like long drives, the more new music the better

and nothing is better than driving fast late at night blasting it real loud in my car.

I would rather have 100 songs in 5 years than waiting 5 years for let's say an Adele album. And Adele in the past said she wishes she was Lana.

(wouldn't mind 50 songs a year, one new song each week).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Or Texas so we can get the country rock album we deserve!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Or Hawaii so we can get the surf rock album we deserve!!

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Ram Ranch cover incoming

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

If she covered Gunpowder and Lead, or Before He Cheats I’d be in heaven

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I'd be curious what would happen if she actually put out a definitive statement about her music. Like, I'm taking a break for X amount of months/a year, and then just posted semi-regularly to let her fans online know she is still alive. I was kind of wondering why a Lana release/pre-release feels longer sometimes than a Fiona Apple or Frank Ocean or Adele wait and I think it's because (not that this is some revelation) these artists have kind of made it clear that they aren't constantly going to be releasing new music. And when they do premiere new music and do promo, they just talk about the album they just released. (EDIT: Frank's probably a not great example since I forgot he teased Boys Don't Cry for a long time, but you know what I mean.)

Whereas with Lana, the week UV was released, she was already talking about Music To Watch Boys To and describing what that could be like, and then just 6ish months later talked about the sound for what would become Honeymoon (even though her descriptions were kind of far off from how the record actually sounded). And then the week before Honeymoon was released, she was talking to James Franco about how she could definitely see what her next album would be like, and then like three months later was talking to NME about possibly doing a New York-influenced album (or, at least, what that would sound like. She wasn't clear if she was actually making that type of record). And then the same month LFL is released she started talking about doing an unreleased album or maybe an EP with Yosemite and some other tracks or maybe a musical. And of course she never sets a clear date of when, or if, she plans to release any of it, so there's like this constant hype among the stans that are following all of this. In a way, it's a smart move, a way to kind of keep hype around your projects without having to do much promo at all. But it can also send fans into hyperactive mode, constantly feeling like we are on the verge of getting new music (and then getting disappointed, and then having the cycle start all over again). But the second it's released, we're all clamoring for it after waiting so long to hear the finished thing. 

I don't know what the point of this post is, just speculating about things. I still stand with what I said post-LFL, that I hope she releases a short, cohesive wrapup EP for Yosemite/Bartender/HIAB/etc., does maybe one video and a few shows, and then takes more time to start her next project on a clean slate with fresh experiences. But who knows what will ultimately happen. 

I'd be curious what would happen if she actually put out a definitive statement about her music. Like, I'm taking a break for X amount of months/a year, and then just posted semi-regularly to let her fans online know she is still alive. I was kind of wondering why a Lana release/pre-release feels longer sometimes than a Fiona Apple or Frank Ocean or Adele wait and I think it's because (not that this is some revelation) both artists have kind of made it clear that they aren't constantly going to be releasing new music. And when they do premiere new music and do promo, they just talk about the album they just released. (EDIT: Frank's probably a not great example since I forgot he teased Boys Don't Cry for a long time, but you know what I mean.)

Whereas with Lana, the week UV was released, she was already talking about Music To Watch Boys To and describing what that could be like, and then just 6ish months later talked about the sound for what would become Honeymoon (even though her descriptions were kind of far off from how the record actually sounded). And then the week before Honeymoon was released, she was talking to James Franco about how she could definitely see what her next album would be like, and then like three months later was talking to NME about possibly doing a New York-influenced album (or, at least, what that would sound like. She wasn't clear if she was actually making that type of record). And then the same month LFL is released she started talking about doing an unreleased album or maybe an EP with Yosemite and some other tracks or maybe a musical. And of course she never sets a clear date of when, or if, she plans to release any of it, so there's like this constant hype among the stans that are following all of this. In a way, it's a smart move, a way to kind of keep hype around your projects without having to do much promo at all. But it can also send fans into hyperactive mode, constantly feeling like we are on the verge of getting new music (and then getting disappointed, and then having the cycle start all over again). But the second it's released, we're all clamoring for it after waiting so long to hear the finished thing. 

I don't know what the point of this post is, just speculating about things. I still stand with what I said post-LFL, that I hope she releases a short, cohesive wrapup EP for Yosemite/Bartender/HIAB/etc., does maybe one video and a few shows, and then takes more time to start her next project on a clean slate with fresh experiences. But who knows what will ultimately happen. 

ok, THIS!!!

Bravo, your observations are just right on target! And it explains a lot, actually.