Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I hope The Next Best American Record is reworked, just like Black Beauty was. I overplayed the demo

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Omg this cover is genius. She's fleeing a burning civilization of greed, ignorance and hatred and building a new america with a man from the past and she's pulling the listener in to join her. 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

since Jack Nicholson's grandson is in this, I'm just gonna reach and say that the cover reminds me of the boat scene from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and that Lana reminds me of Candy Starr (the girl at the very left)

One-Flew-Over-the-Cuckoos-Nest-movie-Boa

sgopYhV.gif

Omg this cover is genius. She's fleeing a burning civilization of greed, ignorance and hatred and building a new america with a man from the past and she's pulling the listener in to join her. 

You lose your way, just take my hand

You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again

Don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am

I'm your man.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

No one is mad she's not in front of a car wearing white. 

Sis I'm reading the pages. And Twitter.

There are awkward gays out there thinking this is some type of tradition or anything. Like yes it was cute and I find it actually funny she's in a boat.

Everybody always fucking hate every cover so I'm really not surprised. It's been the same thing since Honeymoon.  "Oh she looks stupid" "Oh she looks ugly" "Oh the guy on the cover" "Oh she's so small in the cover" "Oh that's an odd smile" "Oh what is she wearing infront of this truck??"

this has been part of every album campaign by now lmao.

I don't get most of the complaining... at all.

For the whole "wow no car" "she's not wearing white"

I always saw Lust For Life as a full circle moment that closed something that started with Born To Die (She's also not wearing white or infront or any car in that beautiful-mess-airbrushed Paradise edition cover). Even "Get Free" sounded like she was trying to close a chapter in her whole life.

Norman Fucking Rockwell seems like the first step of something brand new. Out of the black, into the blue. Sis literally in the middle of the ocean while California is on fire behind her NNNN

I guess the whole composition might not work for some people tho and that's ok, that's valid. Just awkward to be mad she's not "INFRONT OF ANY CAR" or this type of stuff.

I, personally, love the aesthetic. It's a giant hybrid of Comic-Style, Real painting (background) and photography.

That makes sense. Maybe she burned California because of bad moments she had there.

Mfhp.gif

I don't get most of the complaining... at all.

For the whole "wow no car" "she's not wearing white"

I always saw Lust For Life as a full circle moment that closed something that started with Born To Die (She's also not wearing white or infront or any car in that beautiful-mess-airbrushed Paradise edition cover). Even "Get Free" sounded like she was trying to close a chapter in her whole life.

Norman Fucking Rockwell seems like the first step of something brand new. Out of the black, into the blue. Sis literally in the middle of the ocean while California is on fire behind her NNNN

I guess the whole composition might not work for some people tho and that's ok, that's valid. Just awkward to be mad she's not "INFRONT OF ANY CAR" or this type of stuff.

I, personally, love the aesthetic. It's a giant hybrid of Comic-Style, Real painting (background) and photography.

Same here. I love mixed media and I was secretly hoping she’d be with someone on the cover for NFR. I completely see what you mean about the closing chapter part. Didn’t think about it at first, but it makes sense and I’m so happy she tried something new.

Btw I think this is the second cover they shot since I can guess the original Ben or Ed didn’t like was more simple than this. I’m very happy with the cover.

Also the work reminds me so much of David LaChapelle, he did the Flaunt Magazine shoot back in 2017. Wish they would work together for more.

But I also thought the cover was going to be shoot by Steven Klein? Glad it wasn't cuz for sure some dark mess would be here now

lana arrived at her destination on lust for life when she got out the car and smiled... this is the start of something NEW... or back to her roots, sailing #theocean

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

definitely!! it's better. i'm still not a big fan of what she's wearing though and the fucking DUDE jesus someone please crop him out of the cover

If she had been hugging him and at least looking towards him it would have been better. The reaching out to the viewer pose is clumsy and awful.

Everything looks washed out. It would ha e been better if the colors were more saturated and there was more contrast. That greenish yellow is awful too. She should have used a primary yellow instead.