Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Didn't she say she wants to re-release AKA? I don't think she would include songs from that album in an unreleased album either.

I think she did say that but it was a long time ago.

She said that just after BTD was released, even before Paradise. 

How to disappear is so tragically hopeful and such a amazing mesh between singing with a smile but knowing you were hurt during those times, like the first two verses are so low and sad then you get hit with that hopefulness of being okay in that ending verse with the reassurance of not leaving the person you love. Like this song is astronomicaly better then her lfl piano balad. Like how can you hate on it her vocals LIVE makes me feel the same way as being unconditionally in love with someone

Wowow she did that ugh I’m gushing

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

I had my concept for 2010-2011 unreleased, I got almost a whole packaging ready,

I imagined it as a computer aesthetics with pink as the main color.

Here is a preview:

ByAWT6l.jpg

0s14IK1.jpg

3rKe25g.jpg

I need you to kidnap Chuck and do the NFR art.

It’s such a shame that the acoustic side of LFL was practically scrapped. The TNC demo had this rawness and this truth that the final version didn’t have (even though Sean’s exotic production was beautiful). Change really felt like it was done in a rush. BPBP is a good song, but nothing impressive and her vocals are way less expressive than those of the demo.

I wish she had let more space to the acoustic direction that she had teased and said great things about. She obviously should have let Yosemite and possibly BAR. I think it was pretty clear that RBFY wouldn’t be on it from the second she posted the snippet, because the caption sort of said it. I just don’t get why she teased it again last year in October/November.

The biggest problem on LFL remains the presence of tracks 6-9 though :oprah2:

It’s such a shame that the acoustic side of LFL was practically scrapped. The TNC demo had this rawness and this truth that the final version didn’t have (even though Sean’s exotic production was beautiful). Change really felt like it was done in a rush. BPBP is a good song, but nothing impressive and her vocals are way less expressive than those of the demo.

I wish she had let more space to the acoustic direction that she had teased and said great things about. She obviously should have let Yosemite and possibly BAR. I think it was pretty clear that RBFY wouldn’t be on it from the second she posted the snippet, because the caption sort of said it. I just don’t get why she teased it again last year in October/November.

The biggest problem on LFL remains the presence of tracks 6-9 though :oprah2:

If I remember right, she said that she had a bit of a "writer's block" between the release of LFL and the beginning of NFR (which she began working on in January). I think she was exploring a lot of possibilities and avenues last October or November, and she might have considered beginning LDR6 with RBFY. On that video, she seems to be wondering what to do with that song. But I agree with you that LFL was intended to have a more acoustic side that I would have loved. 

is HTD done being mixed? in the instagram live it seemed as if jack was producing the song with the beats. my assumption is that they only had the piano demo done and now they're in the process of mixing the final version for the album. unless what he was doing on the live was just for fun and the song really is a piano ballad...

giphy.gif

I have a feeling that she will still make music, but the albums won’t come out as frequently. She has a Broadway in the works, she started writing (so, side projects she might want to dive into on the future) and we know she wants kids at some point. All of those could slow down her album pace. But hey, if she wants to keep it up, I won’t argue: I loved every project from her.

Did she recently say she wants kids?

I know that while she was with Barrie, she was like no thanks, but rumors said that one of the reasons that she and Francesco ended were that she wanted a kid and he wasn't ready. But those were just that - rumors. I don't know if she even wants a child for real.

She seems to enjoy a nomadic lifestyle of going place to place and she couldn't do that with a kid

I know that while she was with Barrie, she was like no thanks, but rumors said that one of the reasons that she and Francesco ended were that she wanted a kid and he wasn't ready. But those were just that - rumors. I don't know if she even wants a child for real.

She seems to enjoy a nomadic lifestyle of going place to place and she couldn't do that with a kid

not recently, but I remember at least one interview a while ago saying that she wanted kids as long as she didn't fuck it up (I think it was UV era) and I swear there was another interview 2015ish where she mentioned wanting a daughter. 

UV interview: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/18-things-you-learn-after-two-long-days-with-lana-del-rey-170579/

Y'all are always so ... literal. The part about the kids represents maturity and the fact she's moved on from those "wild" days with John and Jim. She's settled, probably with another man, lived her life, but still thinks avout the past day

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

not recently, but I remember at least one interview a while ago saying that she wanted kids as long as she didn't fuck it up (I think it was UV era) and I swear there was another interview 2015ish where she mentioned wanting a daughter.

UV interview: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/18-things-you-learn-after-two-long-days-with-lana-del-rey-170579/

Remember those theories that she had a kid and nobody knew about it? That’s what the kid conversation makes me think of the most, when people thought she had a secret kid and never said anything. I don’t think it’s that deep but I think it’s just like a metaphore. Which she does all the time, metaphores

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I know that while she was with Barrie, she was like no thanks, but rumors said that one of the reasons that she and Francesco ended were that she wanted a kid and he wasn't ready. But those were just that - rumors. I don't know if she even wants a child for real.She seems to enjoy a nomadic lifestyle of going place to place and she couldn't do that with a kid

Last year in An interview she said she wants kids and they asked when and she said “within 5 years”. Can’t remember which interview

LIZARD PEOPLE

Y'all are always so ... literal. The part about the kids represents maturity and the fact she's moved on from those "wild" days with John and Jim. She's settled, probably with another man, lived her life, but still thinks avout the past day

It's always hard to read into her songs since you don't know if they are real or not or what parts are true and what parts were just filled in with other lyrics that just fit. The Jim part of HTD really fits Joe Schilling I think if she actually is or was dating him or even if she just knows him as a friend or possibly was even trained by him or trained with him so just knows him.

Jim met me down at the training yard

With cuts on his face cause he fought too hard

I know he's in over his head

But I love that man like nobody can

He moves mountains and makes them into ground again

And I watch the guys getting high 

As they fight for the things that they hold dear

To forget the things they fear

Joe and his close friends and training partners Nate and Nick Diaz are always getting high, it's actually pretty common that they get high before training and doing jiu-jitsu especially while high is very common a lot of people do that. So those lyrics actually would fit into her meeting him probably in an MMA or jiu-jitsu or kickboxing gym just to train and maybe getting trained by him and just getting to know him and his friends and maybe watching their fights. Even the little lyrics "Moves Mountains And" could be her subtly mentioning MMA.

I remember seeing on here that a few other guys Joe trains with also followed Lana, it could be that she maybe told them she included this little part about them in this song?

Just knowing this album is just months away....

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I’m honestly here for a revamped version of BAR. I also want it in HQ and not the 2kbps file we have. God knows we’re never getting the HQ version from a certain someone.. I like the final version of Black Beauty as well. It became an anthemic, Ride-level masterpiece with that new sound so I’m here for it.

The uv production took away some of the beauty bb had

what happened with black beauty? they made it better? oh yeah i agree

Bitch please

EotAQlJ.jpg

It's always hard to read into her songs since you don't know if they are real or not or what parts are true and what parts were just filled in with other lyrics that just fit. The Jim part of HTD really fits Joe Schilling I think if she actually is or was dating him or even if she just knows him as a friend or possibly was even trained by him or trained with him so just knows him.

Jim met me down at the training yard

With cuts on his face cause he fought too hard

I know he's in over his head

But I love that man like nobody can

He moves mountains and makes them into ground again

And I watch the guys getting high 

As they fight for the things that they hold dear

To forget the things they fear

Joe and his close friends and training partners Nate and Nick Diaz are always getting high, it's actually pretty common that they get high before training and doing jiu-jitsu especially while high is very common a lot of people do that. So those lyrics actually would fit into her meeting him probably in an MMA or jiu-jitsu or kickboxing gym just to train and maybe getting trained by him and just getting to know him and his friends and maybe watching their fights. Even the little lyrics "Moves Mountains And" could be her subtly mentioning MMA.

I remember seeing on here that a few other guys Joe trains with also followed Lana, it could be that she maybe told them she included this little part about them in this song?

Not everything must be 100 percent autobiographic, especially not in a literal sense.

I think it's pretty obvious she's talking about men she had a love affair or at least a very strong friendship and how they "faded away". John seems to impersonate the BtD era, Jim is quite UV-ish. Then, in the end, both men have "disappeared" and she's  lived her life. She's got a kid now, she's got a house, she's got a career - she's settled. Yet, she still thinks about those old days. And I feel like the last chorus is adressed at either the fictional kid or a new lover - she assures him, she WON'T fade, like her past lovers.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

She said it twice last year: 

Can you imagine living a typical traditional life: marrying and being a mother?

Oh my god, yes, I’d really like to! And I’m confident that one day it’ll happen. And I’m convinced that it’s possible to have music and love equally in your life. I’m sure that then my songs would get even a bit more happier.

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/9388-interview-with-die-ganze-woche-072017/

And will you have kids?

When I have kids… I’ll take them on the road with me. Muse’s or Chris Martin’s boys do it well! I have the feeling it’ll workout, whatever I decide to do. It’ll be a nice surprise. Yeah, I would love to have a family.

Is it on your agenda?

[she laughs]. It’ll happen one day. Without a doubt within the next five years. Kids. Friends, all that’s a bonus. My dream is simply to be happy. Which I am right now.

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/8880-paris-match-interview/

From what we've heard so far, it sounds like these songs go well with the last few songs on LFL. The songs from TNC onward mesh well with the released songs.

Yeah I don't understand how people can say it's her best. It's good and I enjoy it, but it's definitely not her best, and I like MAC a lot more.

I agree with you with my whole heart. I mean this is the fact..