Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

NFR doesn't hold anything over AKA lyrically :biblio:

But I guess I could say it's like UV and AKA had a baby instrumental wise, and UV lyrics. But not AKA lyrics :poordat:

NFR:

Fear fun, fear love

Fresh out of fucks, forever

Tryin' to be stronger for you

Ice cream, ice queen

I dream in jeans and leather

Life's dream, I'm sweet for you

Oh God, miss you on my lips

It's me, your little Venice bitch

On the stoop with the neighborhood kids

Callin' out, bang bang, kiss kiss

AKA:

The headlights from passing cars

They illuminate my face, and

Leave me in the dark

The voice of Nirvana says

"Come as you are"

And I will

The night time is almost ours

The sway of the hips and arms

Will cradle you from afar

They swing till you're tired

And send you to Mars

Night time is almost ours

NFR:

I was reading Slim Aarons and I got to thinking that I thought

Maybe I'd get less stressed if I was tested less like

All of these debutantes

Smiling for miles in pink dresses and high heels on white yachts

But I'm not, baby, I'm not

No, I'm not, that, I'm not

AKA:

In the name of higher consciousness

I let the best man I knew go

'Cause it's nice to love and be loved

But it's better to know all you can know

I said it's nice to love and be loved

But I'd rather know what God knows

NFR:

And who I've been is with you on these beaches

Your Venice bitch, your die-hard, your weakness

Maybe I could save you from your sins

So, kiss the sky and whisper to Jesus

My, my, my, you found this, you need this

Take a deep breath, baby, let me in

AKA:

Look at you smoking in them neon lights

Under the thunder, oh you look so nice

Made me wonder how you spend them nights

Me, I spend them looking for men I might like

Like you

See what I mean? AKA writing painted a vivid picture of events artistically, whereas NFR is subjective and not as cohesive in concept song wise. It seems as though there's more grit and substance to AKA lyrics, and NFR lyrics simply just pretty words piled together. Don't get me wrong I love NFR, but it's not exactly in the same universe as AKA lyric wise :poordat: still excited for the album though and I think it's beautiful in its own way

I miss David Kahne's production so much. Jack's instrumentals are so basic.

At this point, it was a big mistake releasing MAC and VB. Considering MAC refers to VB and VB to NFR, she has to leave them on this album. If she had released other tracks, she could've easily made them stand alone singles and replace them so they wouldn't sound too old.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

At this point, it was a big mistake releasing MAC and VB. Considering MAC refers to VB and VB to NFR, she has to leave them on this album. If she had released other tracks, she could've easily made them stand alone singles and replace them so they wouldn't sound too old.

The only mistake was releasing them way too early, hyping up an era that has no release dates even five months after

nF70D0F.png

The only mistake was releasing them way too early, hyping up an era that has no release dates even five months after

I'm glad she released something in September. I was craving new music. But she wasn't smart releasing MAC and VB. She could've released two other songs that she could later replace so they wouldn't sound too old on the record. Or she could've put out BAR and Yosemite as a transition between LFL and NFR. I understand that MAC and VB were perfect for this period of the year, but it was a dumb decision.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

We got the Dan Auerbach produced Ultraviolence only because the original Ultraviolence (Untouchable 5) leaked #NeverForget

Omg I remember I was walking back to my friends house after having a drunk fight with my friends and telling them @to sit on a large spiked dildo c*nts” and @ and I were on the phone and she told me they leaked and I listened to them stumbling down the street, it was wonderful :blush:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Jack is overrated Dan heath and Parker are way better...in another league.

I feel that way about Melodrama. It sounds fairly bland now - save for a couple of tracks.

Dan Heath is not the tea, though. He’s good for an orchestral song every now and then, but not more than that.

Rick gets slept on a lot here but what people need to understand is that a lot of the production decisions are Lana’s. He’s very capable of producing an array of different sounds and vibes.

Anyways while we are back on the subject of what producers we’d like for her to work with, for the hundredth time, I would really like to hear more stuff from her and Greg Kurstin.

Now I understand why we're on page 1029. Just pure gay drama. Amazing.

Well, I don't mean to cut off this useless discussion, but... I'm kinda worried about that:

"[...]We’re going to go to Mars, and [Donald] Trump is president, all right. Me and Jack, we just joke around constantly about all the random headlines we might see that week, so it’s a slight cultural reference. But it’s not a cynical thing, really. To me, it’s hopeful, to see everything as a little bit funnier. The chaos of the culture is interesting, and I’m hopeful that there’s room for there to be some movement and excitement within it."

Lana girl, you're not good with jokes or politics, why did you mixed both? :toofunny: 

omg this part SO rubbed me the wrong way like there are literally people dying in ICE lana wake up :eek:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven