Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

5 hours ago, revadece said:

how to disappear is her mazzy star alike lo-fi magnum opus :pray:

and album version is better than the piano version, although i like both

just wish it didn't have those damn annoying christmasy jingle bells halfway through it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Time after time, writing my lines
Having my baby there next to me
It's so sweet, pouring you a drink
And pretending that nothing means anything
This is my life, you by my side
Key lime and perfume and festivals
Taking our dreams, turning them to things
It's like magic, babe, isn't life wonderful?

I bought me a truck in the middle of the night
It'll buy me a year if I play my cards right
Photo-free exits from baby's bedside
'Cause they don't yet know what car I drive
I'm just tryna keep my love alive
With my bartender, hold me all night
Bartender, our love's alive
Baby, remember, I'm not drinking wine
But that Cherry Coke you serve is fine
And our love's sweet enough on the vine

Groupie Love // Bartender

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The greatest just feels like the ultimate bittersweet end of summer and end of an era song. And the lyrics feel super ironic and fitting given summer 2019 was probably my favorite time of my life so far, then things went downhill, and then a pandemic hit, and the 2020s have been pretty shit ever since. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

This record’s super personal to me I dont think I can ever or want to  forget it. Love song is heartbreaking. It’s societal subject matter on the forefront parallels w the less than savory parts of society from a bravado’d man’s pov and how much can be overlooked bc of it. 

Thankful for this album so so much. It’s a well-made genius of a project. 

UV/Honeymoon

i swear bartender is so fucking good :trisha: i can’t believe i ever overlooked that song. rick’s piano is just excellent and honestly, i think i prefer his clear-hauntingly sounding piano tracks more than jack’s, very mellow more dreamy piano tracks (i still do like jack’s work a lot - but there’s something different about tracks like bartender, change, fine china, cherry blossom, etc)

10 hours ago, Urbanney said:

The greatest just feels like the ultimate bittersweet end of summer and end of an era song. And the lyrics feel super ironic and fitting given summer 2019 was probably my favorite time of my life so far, then things went downhill, and then a pandemic hit, and the 2020s have been pretty shit ever since. 

you are not alone I feel the same exact way and experienced the same thing

10 hours ago, Brow Bone said:

This record’s super personal to me I dont think I can ever or want to  forget it. Love song is heartbreaking. It’s societal subject matter on the forefront parallels w the less than savory parts of society from a bravado’d man’s pov and how much can be overlooked bc of it. 

Thankful for this album so so much. It’s a well-made genius of a project. 

wonderfully worded

It's kinda confusing how this album sounds like both a step inwards and outwards to me. Maybe the "inwards" is just in comparison to LFL, and NFR is like seeing herself in the outer world, not made intentionally for other people to relate to. It's like her push to feel freedom in such a constrained part of the world. 

I keep thinking late 2016 or early 2017 would have been the perfect time for me to hear this album, as that's when I was more focused on such themes.

Really wish I had been around when she released this album. It feels like the last album she released that had somewhat of an era with interviews, magazine covers, concerts, etc. Good to see that this album continues to get so much acclaim from both critics and music listeners. A top 2 Lana album for me. 

3 years. I cant believe how fast time flies :xcry:

NFR - i feel like you came into my life so sudden but at the same time, waiting for you was long enough. 

I remember that feeling was so bizzare when I first heard your name - like an expressive exclamation that I found "wow. what an album title" and little did i know, day by day up until the official release  - you had lived in my subconscious ever since. 

I remember I went through a break-up at that time, to be honest 2019 was such a harsh year for me with major changes, major unexpected/unfortunate/unwanted series of events that struck me down so badly that I didnt think I was able to get up. In fact, I almost gave up on everything. And NFR came, enlightened something inside me, around me that I had never before seen. I changed the way I see the world & as what the "prelude" (album trailer) said, NFR helped me to voyage on a journey through the mind. NFR made me believe that I can make it through the tides, the ocean, the sea, or even - conquer them all and still see the beauty in it.

I started to quit my current job back then, take some times off to go travel by myself, took a short holiday on my own while blasting NFR in my ears. 

At that moment, i felt the California breeze, i felt the salty winds of the Long Beach harbours, I felt free, i felt healed.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Appreciate this album so much more than I did since it first came out, really glad about that! Venice FIILY Bartender are still some of my absolute favorites but every song is solid except the next best american record :creep: Such a easy to listen to album, like a breeze. Still not my top album but overall pretty great. Also glad I kept my vinyl cause its hard to get at a reasonable price now :deadbanana:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

3 hours ago, boom like that said:

Appreciate this album so much more than I did since it first came out, really glad about that! Venice FIILY Bartender are still some of my absolute favorites but every song is solid except the next best american record :creep: Such a easy to listen to album, like a breeze. Still not my top album but overall pretty great. Also glad I kept my vinyl cause its hard to get at a reasonable price now :deadbanana:

what color do you have