Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

Dark jazz? Yes pleaseeeeeeeeee that would be amazing

I’m sorry, but what the heck is “dark” jazz? Like slow, nighttime-y, hanging around in a hotel lounge jazz song with sad lyrics or..?

Idk why, but I feel like Lana’s going to transition from her So-Cal/neon/“woke”/“LA lifestyle” obsession to a South- or Midwestern aesthetic and it’s gonna influence this album. Just a feeling tho.

I’m feeling the same, she seemed to have a very good time on this leg of the tour so maybe she got inspired. Not to mention the two country songs she performed for fun earlier. I also think we’ll see more collabs and features in the future, maybe not on the album, but maybe as singles. She’s always done collabs so I don’t think we can count them out yet. Maybe she’ll form a small girl group just for fun and they’ll record an EP or mini album.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

as far as collab with other singer(s)... none please.

but if she were to ditch Jackoff ( :worship: ), I'd want Lana to start working with Kevin Parker. Please and thank you. :hooker:

ME7mAFL.jpg

I love Tame Impala but this new music ain’t it :( i’d like to see them collabing though.

giphy.gif

I love Tame Impala but this new music ain’t it :( i’d like to see them collabing though.

Sorta agree. I'm a long time fan and Lonerism is one of my favourite albums of all time, and Currents is pretty amazing too! I have hope for the next album, although so far I like his latest single the most... we'll see.

But KP is a musical genius, I want him and Lana to create something so bad!

my worst nightmare is lana going back to a doo-wop Lust For Life/Get Free/How To Disappear sound for this album, and i like all those songs lmao idk why i just feel like that sound is almost always cheesy and although i love those tracks i'd dread an entire album of it

Agreed. it's watered down Lana

Sorta agree. I'm a long time fan and Lonerism is one of my favourite albums of all time, and Currents is pretty amazing too! I have hope for the next album, although so far I like his latest single the most... we'll see.

But KP is a musical genius, I want him and Lana to create something so bad!

got the words out of my mouth

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I’m sorry, but what the heck is “dark” jazz? Like slow, nighttime-y, hanging around in a hotel lounge jazz song with sad lyrics or..?

Dark jazz doesn't exist as a genre, it's nothing haha. I think I just meant jazz that would sound hauting, sad. Actually I love your definition, it fits so well to what Lana could possibly do someday

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Something like Oh Say Can You See or A Star for Nick

Oh Can You See is one of her best tracks!!!!  Or maybe one or two songs in the vein of Wild on you....

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I realised that White Hot forever is the first album from Lana that will be realised in the new decade.....maybe it ain't special but that kinda shows  how far she  has come as an artist....time really flies ....

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

This might be real strange n like random, but I'm thinking she's gonna b stationary for the next record. I'm seeing like, a faded sports arena aesthetic, some kind of candid, and soft clothes. An east coast feel? more girl next door, visiting her hometown/city vibes

Carmen music video teas but, wholesome this time? Orange vinyl, maybe amber? 

UV/Honeymoon

I wonder if NFR’s success will postpone the next album, if it’s gonna presque her into doing something as good as NFR...

I dont think lanz' the kind of person who'd the ride the wave and cater to the general public for a couple of awards, at least I hope she's not cause as much as I've loved nfr, I wouldn't want a 2.0 version 

my worst nightmare is lana going back to a doo-wop Lust For Life/Get Free/How To Disappear sound for this album, and i like all those songs lmao idk why i just feel like that sound is almost always cheesy and although i love those tracks i'd dread an entire album of it

Id like it if she just did it better. If the instrumentals matched and she didn't bother trying to make it sound 80% modern, then it would totally put me in that era of 60s music. Imagine her actually doing 60s upbeat music and embracing the vintage aesthetics again :defeated:

it's written in the stars that at one point she's gonna use one of her poems as an album/song title, fiona apple style, and i'm here for it like literally make me give a 5 minute presentation when saying the album title

qfrWuBl.png

it's written in the stars that at one point she's gonna use one of her poems as an album/song title, fiona apple style, and i'm here for it like literally make me give a 5 minute presentation when saying the album title

Imagine she would choose one of her poems as an intro to the album/ to a song or as an outro. Ride monologue and Burnt Norton teas

OiUHEXQ.jpg

I dont think lanz' the kind of person who'd the ride the wave and cater to the general public for a couple of awards, at least I hope she's not cause as much as I've loved nfr, I wouldn't want a 2.0 version

Same here!! She said she wanted to follow „Change” path and I’m cool with it as long as she talks about the lyrics and not about having piano as a main theme on another album. I love NFR! but I love variety as well.

giphy.gif